Group 7-day waking average?

Repeat of yesterday for me - blue sky and sunshine and 5.6 on the meter. I even managed to get a towels wash dry on the line.

Nice pics @eggyg I've never been up that way except for a steam-hauled trip on the Settle-Carlisle line many years ago. I must add the Lake District to my bucket list.

Tuesday, so my usual swim later and a quick stop at Waitrose on the way home. In the meantime some ironing. Since we have no wardrobe in our bedroom at the moment, with only a small hanging rack in its place, I've run out of shirts.

Hope everyone's getting some of this late Summer sunshine. If so, enjoy it while it lasts. Autumn Equinox this weekend, so all downhill from then on.

@Eternal422 - congrats on the HS

Thanks Bloden. I never knew Welsh would vary, everyday’s a school day! I tried Google translate, but she spoke proper English and I wanted a Welsh speaker! I think I’ll wait until we’re there and ask a local, if I can find one! I must admit it’s the double LL that’s flummoxing me.
The problem with explaining how the LL is pronounced is that there's no phonetic for it. I'm from Llanelli (try that one..!) and the best my English/Irish wife can do is THLANETHLEE. Our eldest has got it sussed, though. Clearly his Welsh genes have trampled all over the bits of him that are English and Irish and come out on top. What a star.

The problem with explaining how the LL is pronounced is that there's no phonetic for it. I'm from Llanelli (try that one..!) and the best my English/Irish wife can do is THLANETHLEE. Our eldest has got it sussed, though. Clearly his Welsh genes have trampled all over the bits of him that are English and Irish and come out on top. What a star.
Martin, is this pronunciation anywhere near correct?

Last edited:
Morning all 3.4 this morning don't really know why ive dropped into the 3 something zone for a good few days now and all finger pricks my Libre is fitted but I always leave it for to days before activating it, hope everyone has a lovely day and enjoy the weather while it lasts

It's another lovely sunny Berkshire morning and it's a 5.6 on the meter, despite me having one of my 'sod diabetes' days yesterday, not due to burnout but due to us having a Chicken & Chorizo tray bake for tea and having absolutely no idea of how many carbs were in my portion. So, carb counting went out the window, but seemingly no harm done.

Our eldest's futsal team got their season off to a winning start with a comfortable 8-0 win, with him scoring twice. First round of the cup always throws up some mismatches and this was one of them. There were some double-figure scores in some of the other matches.

@eggyg one option is to go to Google Translate and ask it to translate The City of Dinlle into Welsh and then click on the loudspeaker icon to hear how it's pronounced.

@Gwynn - congrats on the HS and pleased things have calmed down a bit

Have a good start to the week, everyone.
My Spanish teacher was Welsh and pronounced all the double LLs in Spanish beautifully! I was very grateful for his tutelage when I actually went to live in Madrid. Years later when I was working on South American routes for the airline I realised they could all understand me, whereas I couldn't understand them at all.

I think I’ll just keep my mouth shut! :rofl:
Hi Eggy
I think I’ll just keep my mouth shut! :rofl:
I got a voice recording back but unfortunately I cant post it on here as it is in a.different format and I cant seem to save it as a JPG etc.

Anyway sounds like "Deenas Dinthla" Hope that helps. But the "Deen part of Deenas" is pronounced like Dean.

Good afternoon everyone, It's a fine sunny morning here, a happy 5.4 today and shortly off to the vampires for my A1c blood test.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Hi Eggy

I got a voice recording back but unfortunately I cant post it on here as it is in a.different format and I cant seem to save it as a JPG etc.

Anyway sounds like "Deenas Dinthla" Hope that helps. But the "Deen part of Deenas" is pronounced like Dean.
That's pretty close to what it sounds like in Google Translate.

Hi all - lovely day - haven't been outside this morning, but I think it might be quite cold.

7.3 this morning.

Back from a lovely holiday. I confess to doing a lot of guesstimating carbs, but what else can you do when eating 2 meals a day in restaurants? OMG and we did eat well... some delicious seafood and lots of lovely meat. Having said that, I found that the offerings in a lot of places were quite different from my experiences of France over the past 40 years. It's now hard to find the 3 course "Menu du jour" at a fixed price, except in more rural places. In the towns you are more likely to see burgers, pizza and pasta dishes. It seems those are what younger French people want to eat. However there was the BBQ place where we had a whole Picanha of beef to share, and a more traditional restaurant where we had magret de canard followed by a light as a feather creme brulee that they set on fire at the table. So all in all good eating. We also walked miles and a lot of it up and down fairly steep hills. I started to think I was getting fitter, until my back went and I could hardly hobble - at least that was on the last day. Poor Julian caught a cold and that affected him for the last couple of days, but he bravely soldiered on!

So, back to normal now!

Congratulations to @Gwynn for yesterday (and sorry things have reverted a bit with your wife, hope someone can adjust her meds). Congrats to @Eternal422 on today's HS.

@goodybags don't forget to ring Abbott and get them to replace that faulty sensor that ended early.

PS started this much much earlier, but went off to unpack... it's now baking here!

“ It was a pleasure to review this pleasant chap in clinic…and remains delighted with the result”.
Referring to you as a "Pleasant chap" seems to be some sort of code that consultants use. Hubby's consultant used the same phrase and we were later told it was a code, but not told what it meant precisely.

Back