Group 7-day waking average?

5.7 for me on a rather cool, grey and blustery morning here in Berkshire but the forecast is for sunshine and 20+ degrees this afternoon. Took advantage of the dry weather to cut the grass for what should, hopefully, be the last time this year.

Our new fitted wardrobes are being installed tomorrow and they're coming at 9am, so my wife and I will need to start getting stuff out of the bedroom this evening so that there's only the bed to deal with in the morning. Fortunately it's a divan so we can separate the two halves, put one on top of the other, and leave it there, as we did when they took the old wardrobe out.

Congrats @Gwynn and @BobbleHat on your HSs this morning.

Have a good day, all.

A 5.9 for me this morning. Looks like another fine sunny day. 🙂

Dez

Morning everyone, another 5.4 for me today and it’s a grey foggy start here.

Have a good day everyone and stay well.

Morning! Been absent I know... A 6.6 first thing and a 5.2 just now which I know doesn't count :rofl: .
I thought I would enjoy it as it has been more than a year since my monitor displayed that number! Congratulations to all those who are celebrating it for real today. :thankyou:

Good morning everyone! 5'8.

I'm back from my diabetes review. They are happy with the results and said I'm an "easy customer" :D They called me in so quickly, the poor nurse that was supposed to do my weight and BP first was left looking for me in the waiting room! The DSN recognised me from diagnosis, a couple of years ago, I remember her being really kind in those initial hard times <3

As the numbers suggest my diabetes is progressing very slowly, the doctor sent me for a C-peptide blood test and suggested that if the result is appropriate, we can try to switch to metformin for
now.

Unrelated to diabetes (I know, how dare I, no one ever goes off topic in this thread o_O!). Two days ago YouTube showed me a small town in Wales that's full of nice bookstores and, according to Google, it's surrounded by nice countryside which makes it "ideal for those who love books and walks". Sounds like me! I don't know if is just social media exaggerating but I'm already planning a trip in my mind haha.

The town is called Hay on Wye and it is near Hereford. Have you been to either of them, and do you think they are worth visiting?

Afternoon

A 12 this morning, but still waiting for my prescription to come through. Had my blood test this morning so will get a telling off from DN, but will be deservedly so. Only plans for rest of the day is to go and see mum while hubby goes to the dentist, he broke a tooth a few hours before we were going to Cornwall thankfully he has only had minimal pain while we were away.

Congratulations to @Gwynn and @BobbleHat on today’s HS.

Good afternoon. 6.4

A bit late starting this morning after a lousy night and then the farrier came - I was right this late sunshine has pushed Peachy over the edge. Always a fatty needing dieting she has pigged herself out and given herself laminitis. 21 years of overindulgence has at last caught up with her. So she is in a box on miniscule servings of hay. Every time I go onto the yard I can hear desperate neighs of "Oy, I'm starving, let me out". No way, matey. Awaiting a prescription of bute.

Last night's viewing was great fun but pointless - even the estate agent got a fit of the giggles over my builder chum's comments.. Examination of the garden: Japanese Knotweed. Internal examination - bungalow has "broken its back" as well as having every type of damp known to man. It was also disgustingly dirty - makes you wonder how people choose to live. Off to look at the re-build prospect near Lampeter. If that is a frost then It looks as though I am heading for the one in the Towey Valley, rather further from sea and chums than I desire.

Beautiful sunny day again - need to strim round the pond. Would be feeling a bit depressed but sunshine and a good degree of remission of the palindromic arthritis would cheer up anyone.

Awaiting the results of yesterday's diabetes review - doubt my HbA1c is going to be very good but amazed that I have lost 5 kilos.
Even more amazed that my car insurance renewal is £100 cheaper than last year. Also Dwr Cymru sent me a negative bill showing £718 in credit - which they intend to hang onto and pay my bills from it - not on their Nelly - rude phone call planned! Just need to chase up a decent quote for the house insurance and the irritating admin stuff will be done. Oh the joys of being a widow - nobody to delegate stuff to!

Hope everyone having a good day.

Unrelated to diabetes (I know, how dare I, no one ever goes off topic in this thread o_O!). Two days ago YouTube showed me a small town in Wales that's full of nice bookstores and, according to Google, it's surrounded by nice countryside which makes it "ideal for those who love books and walks". Sounds like me! I don't know if is just social media exaggerating but I'm already planning a trip in my mind haha.

The town is called Hay on Wye and it is near Hereford. Have you been to either of them, and do you think they are worth visiting?
Yes, Hay is very pleasant and awash with books. Very pretty countryside.

We visited Hay on Wye a couple of years ago when we were on holiday in Kington, on the Herefordshire/Welsh border. We thought Hay was lovely, very picturesque little town. Kington is just below Hergest Ridge (which will only mean something to you if you remember the follow up album to Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells. That dates me) which is on the Offa's Dyke long distance path, which runs all the way through that area,
and has spectacular views, and is geared up for people walking the length of it, ie all the towns and villages it crosses have accommodation and lunch stops etc. We met up with our son in Hay on Wye, he’d been for a drive round the Black Mountains, which he said were beautiful, and then we all went for a walk up something nearby on the Herefordshire side, which I’m sure was called something like Lord Hereford's Knob, but which doesn’t seem to be named on Google maps, probably to avoid sniggers.

A bit late starting this morning after a lousy night and then the farrier came - I was right this late sunshine has pushed Peachy over the edge. Always a fatty needing dieting she has pigged herself out and given herself laminitis. 21 years of overindulgence has at last caught up with her. So she is in a box on miniscule servings of hay. Every time I go onto the yard I can hear desperate neighs of "Oy, I'm starving, let me out". No way, matey. Awaiting a prescription of bute
Oh poor Peachy! Horses really are their own worst enemy!

Hi Elenka,
Hay on Wye is lovely in fact the whole Wye Valley from Chepstow to Monmouth is nice and there is an famous book festival at Hay ( is a very quirky place) and loads of nice places roundabout like Ross and plenty of small black and white villages like Weobley.
Hereford is a City with a lovely Cathedral and quite small and mainly based on Agriculture but lovely countryside.

I live about 7 miles from Hay-on-Wye and it is definitely worth a visit. It is more 'buzzing' in the spring and summer but still lots to see in autumn and winter. The name 'a town of books' is the best description plus there are other quaint shops and eating places. The countryside around is absolutely beautiful but, as a Herefordian, I am a little bit biased. The Hay Castle has been partly restored with a lovely eating place inside, a small gift shop and tours given at times, for a small fee. As mentioned by the previous poster, there are several black and white villages in Herefordshire, some are the black and white village trail with leaflets available with more details. Do visit (I don't work for the tourist board) 🙂

Good morning 4.8 today
I did report the faulty sensor to Abbott yesterday (via their online reporting) they actually emailed me first thing yesterday confirming they are sending a replacement, and requested the faulty one be returned for examination

TC everyone 😎
They always ask for the faulty one back but I don’t think I ever bothered sending it. Most of the time it was because it’d fallen off and I didn’t have it but they don’t care. They’ll always send a replacement.

Hereford is also lovely. I might be mistaken but I think there is a copy of either the Magna Carta or the doomsday book in the cathedral there.

6.1 this morning. Had my flu jab yesterday (Superdrug £9.90) after seeing it mentioned in the latest MSE email. I had booked at Boots but they aren’t getting it in until Oct 2nd and are more expensive.
Looked at Superdrug’s website yesterday and lots of available slots so just booked it. Went post gym where I wore my new fav trainers IMG_1711.jpeg
They really are so bright that they glow!

Don’t usually get any impact from the flu jab but yesterday I was wiped out in the afternoon. Freezing cold. Headache. Shivering. Took myself to bed in the afternoon to warm up!

Check my bank balance just now and CICA money has sort of arrived. I say sort of as the bank are holding it “pending investigation”. You’d have thought that as it comes from Ministry of Justice and is tagged as such they could perhaps safely assume it’s not profit from a criminal enterprise or anything to do with money laundering but apparently not.
I’ve emailed them a copy of the award letter so I’m expecting it’ll be cleared this morning.

Dad’s 84th birthday today. No plans other than calling and singing happy birthday at him but hopefully seeing them tomorrow.

Have a good day folks. Hope everyone and their horses, husbands, wives, pastors etc are all good today too!

Back