Group 7-day waking average?

Just the person. We’re off to North Wales next week. We’re staying in Dinas Dinlle. I’m trying to find out to to pronounce it without much luck. Can you help please?
Well, I speak South Wales Welsh. There’s a big difference between North and South Wales pronunciation, especially the vowels. I’d say: Deenass Deenlleh. Google says: the double ll in Dinlle is “pronounced by placing your tongue into the top of your mouth, with the tip of your tongue almost touching or just touching your top middle teeth, and then blowing out gently”. Pob lwc! Good luck!

Just the person. We’re off to North Wales next week. We’re staying in Dinas Dinlle. I’m trying to find out to to pronounce it without much luck. Can you help please?
Well, I speak South Wales Welsh. There’s a big difference between North and South Wales pronunciation, especially the vowels. I’d say: Deenass Deenlleh. Google says: the double ll in Dinlle is “pronounced by placing your tongue into the top of your mouth, with the tip of your tongue almost touching or just touching your top middle teeth, and then blowing out gently”.

Or, use google translate - you can type in a word and click on the little speaker symbol to hear it.

Pob lwc! Good luck!

Well that’s a 1st … 1st posting ! A 6.7 at 5am now 13.7.

Have a good day

Well, I speak South Wales Welsh. There’s a big difference between North and South Wales pronunciation, especially the vowels. I’d say: Deenass Deenlleh. Google says: the double ll in Dinlle is “pronounced by placing your tongue into the top of your mouth, with the tip of your tongue almost touching or just touching your top middle teeth, and then blowing out gently”.

Or, use google translate - you can type in a word and click on the little speaker symbol to hear it.

Pob lwc! Good luck!
Thanks Bloden. I never knew Welsh would vary, everyday’s a school day! I tried Google translate, but she spoke proper English and I wanted a Welsh speaker! I think I’ll wait until we’re there and ask a local, if I can find one! I must admit it’s the double LL that’s flummoxing me.

Morning a 7.3 for me and a late night slice of toast did the trick as I dropped lower before bed.
Nice day yesterday picking up dogs both had really enjoyed their little holiday and looked really well.
They did not seem to want to come home and stay with their new friends but soon settled back in to their life of normal luxury.
Have a regular podiatrist appointment at 9am and then trip to Vets for one of Vaccinations and then just a lazy day.
Enjoy your day whether lazy or active.

Morning all. 7.1.

Had a great day yesterday in the Lakes. Weather was superb. Too hot at times when we couldn’t find shade. I walked five miles which is the most I’ve done for a couple of months, whilst my back/hip/pelvis held up, my legs felt like lead, think that’s just lack of use. Now I know I can do it I think I’ll walk to the osteopath tomorrow, that should please him. Last session I’m hoping.

Another lovely day forecast, laundry today I think. Eldest daughter coming to use our WiFi, she started a new job last week and has some training modules to do before starting proper tomorrow ( last week was all training). The broadband where they live is intermittent at best. It’s so bad they can’t watch catch up telly or Netflix etc and go on their phones/ IPads at the same time! They’re planning to get Starlink once they’ve got some spare cash, which will be never! So Bank of Mam and Dad will probably help out. It’s a struggle for the kids to do homework or work related stuff. They’re paying as much as us for 0.7 MB, we get 76MB! They don’t have a mobile signal either and even 3/4G is a bit wafty at times. Well, they will live in the middle of the middle of nowhere! She’ll no doubt want fed too.

Have a smashing day.

Here’s some pics of Bassenthwaite Lake from yesterday. These photos have not been filtered at all, although they look like I’ve gone mad with the saturation!

Attachments

• IMG_4486.jpeg
    IMG_4486.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4492.jpeg
    IMG_4492.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4502.jpeg
    IMG_4502.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4506.jpeg
    IMG_4506.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4507.jpeg
    IMG_4507.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4508.jpeg
    IMG_4508.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4521.jpeg
    IMG_4521.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 15
Morning

15.7 today, but after a very indulgent week in Cornwall, running out of meds on Sunday and had a very large plate of noodles yesterday. Thankfully the weather was good 4 out of 6 days, one completely cold wet miserable day, and one sunshine and showers day. We visited everywhere we wanted to on the dry days. The cottage we stayed in was beautiful, well equipped and very rural, I cried when we left yesterday and cried again when we crossed from Cornwall into Devon.

Got my HbA1C tomorrow so not looking good for that and I have gained lots of weight again.

Well done to all the HS while I have been missing.

Lovely photos @eggyg. I did my first degree over in Lancaster and my then boyfriend (now husband) was studying in the Lakes. I used to love going up there for weekends - such a beautiful part of the world!

5.6 for me. The sensor shows a couple of low events overnight. I'm still learning but diet controlled type 2, I'm thinking compression of the sensor whilst sleeping rather than actual hypos?

Hoping today starts less stressfuly than yesterday. The car park at work is dreadful, compounded by people parking really badly. Someone had illrgally parked directly opposite the exit yesterday narrowing to road and in trying to get out, I nudged the car in the end bay :(

Damage to my own car is superficial fortunately but the one I caught looks a bit scraped up. *Sigh*. Waiting for a repair quote from the driver to see if it's worth going through the insurance.

So fingers crossed for better day.

Morning

Up late

BG 5.3

I am very stressed as my wife is not well and is refusing to go out! Life is no fun at all right now. A bit like the last 38 years!!!

Oh well, it'sconly a season. Eventually it will end one way or another.

Good morning. 6.2

Blue skies and a nip in the air. 20 degrees here yesterday. Took a run to the tip and then re-loaded as I am doing another run before diabetic review. I think there will be one more before the overgrowth around the pond has been finally defeated.

Taking builder to look at local bungalow this evening. Price is good, condition isn't, land good, view non existent. So while builder is mulling over options for cavity fill etc I shall be contemplating the possibility of gardening making good the visual deficiencies. Also nagging agent to get me an internal viewing of the 24 acre ruin - time to make my mind up. Neither agent has bothered himself to make a floor plan so I mustn't forget the measuring zapper and a sketch pad. Makes you wonder why people put up with it.

Time for Wolf's breakfast.

Have a good day folks.

morning 4.2 today
Libra sensor decided to have a fit yesterday evening and in the end their app declared it dead
It had 6 days left on that one

Yesterday managed to get to speak Dr on a phone and agree I should see the vampire’s (so off there this in a minute) I’m sure my frequent visits to the bathroom are still not normal

@Grannylorraine glad you had a great time In Cornwall
@eggyg great photos of your day in the lakes, I was shocked at the broadband speeds and lack of signal you refer to (as I type this we’ve got 260mbps to the hub and 260 to this device) we are spoilt here in the centre of the UK I suppose, mind you at weekends when many neighbours are also on it does slow down slightly

@Gwynn great to see the HS :star: yesterday, but I’m sorry to now read your wife's MH still isn’t so good

have a terrific Tuesday 😎

Lovely photos @eggyg. I did my first degree over in Lancaster and my then boyfriend (now husband) was studying in the Lakes. I used to love going up there for weekends - such a beautiful part of the world!
Thank you. We are so lucky to live in North Cumbria. As we travelled on the A66 yesterday, a route I have driven on many, many times as I worked in Keswick many years ago, I still get giddy when I see the fells. I never, ever tire of it. We’ve just booked our annual week away in the Lakes, we always go first week of December, this year is Rydal, between Ambleside and Grasmere. We never use the car at all, we just walk, walk and walk. Can’t wait.

A 6.1 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

Not been feeling it over the past few days, but gradually getting back to being ok. Anyway, my BG celebrated with tha 5.2 today!

IMG_0186.png

@eggyg - lovely pictures, so nice you had some great weather up there!

@Gwynn - sorry to hear your wife is no better, sending my thoughts to you.

My wife is off to see a friend today then some shopping, so I’m going to use the time to have a play on the radio and see who I can contact. Really tempted to continue studying and get the intermediate and then full licences, not that I need particularly, they allow more power which isn’t absolutely necessary but it’s like an itch I need to scratch to prove to myself that I can do it.

Take care everyone!

Back