Group 7-day waking average?

Morning folks. 11.3 here.

Random is the only word to describe my BG atm - must be down to the change in season, or the price of carrots, or the position of Venus in relation to Mars...you get the idea. If I ever get my hands on the Hybrid Closed Loop system, I’ll be interested to see how well the tech copes with inexplicable BGs hikes LOL!

Lots of stuff to do today, but first of all a nice long walk. Enjoy your Sundays, everyone.

Morning all. 7.1.

Damp and mild today. A walk, a ragu to make for tomorrow, carrots, cabbage and leeks to harvest for tonight’s tea. That’s quite enough excitement for me. 😉

Have a good day and I’ll see you all tomorrow.

5.3 on yet another bright and sunny Berkshire morning. Typical - days after packing away my summer clothes, too. Having said that it did seem to make sense to do it as we had to clear out our old wardrobe ready for the new one, so why not kill two birds with one stone? Oh - are we allowed to use that expression in these increasingly woke times? I did read an article a while ago that said we shouldn't use animal-related expressions like 'flogging a dead horse', 'running around like a headless chicken' or 'no room to swing a cat', although as we know the 'cat' in the latter isn't feline.

The alcove in our bedroom has been Polyfilla'd, sanded down and painted so pleased to have got that out of the way in good time. While I was doing that my wife was busy painting our two chests of drawers so that they match the new wardrobe.

Futsal season kicks off for real today with a cup match at home for our eldest's team, so I might go and watch. He's already been told that he's in the starting line-up.

Whatever your plans, have a good Sunday.

Good morning. 6.4

Chilly grey morning - drizzle expected by lunch time.

Did a swift drive by (combined with a little sneaky trespass) of 2 properties in Pembrokeshire yesterday afternoon. One minute house (no measurements on particulars but I've seen bigger dog kennels) surrounded by 7 acres of bog. The second 21 acres of good land but house hard by the road used as a haul route for a quarry. Oh well, it was quite a pretty run out.

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.

A 5.9 for me this morning after a restless night. Oh the weird thoughts that go through your mind when trying to doze off. Like why does Fairy Liquid have a picture of a 1930's baby running around in a nappy?

Fairy Liquid's Baby Symbolism​

According to the search results, the Fairy Liquid baby, officially named “Bizzie”, has been a part of the brand’s packaging since the 1930s. The association with a baby is likely due to the marketing strategy of emphasizing the product’s gentle and mild properties. Baby skin is often perceived as soft and delicate, and by using a baby as a mascot, Fairy Liquid aimed to convey that its dishwashing liquid leaves hands feeling soft and gentle, just like baby skin.

So there you are!

Dez

Last edited:
Good morning! A late check-in as after yesterday evening's alarming BG rise (https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/sudden-high-bg.114007/) I monitored well into the early hours. I did each about 15gm CHO around 2:00 as painkillers on an empty stomach are not a good prescription. Anyway this morning a a 9.6 (8.2 on the finger).

I started a new sensor on Friday and it was really good (about 0.5 low) but is now heading the other way - very frustrating.

Cloudy but 5C warmer that Friday morning when I woke up cold!

Good morning 5.2
a HS this morning is most welcome, following yesterday evening’s high spike - when Mrs G & I went ti IKEA to get a smaller table (for the conservatory)
like you can in IKEA we spent loads of money on various bits & pieces, but in the end didn’t get the table we wanted, when we got to the aisle in warehouse to pick it, we found they had no stock, so will need to go back next Saturday to collect that on a click’n collect order

We ended up eating from their take away, I didn’t have my insulin (or tablets) my sugars spiked at just over 15 whilst driving home, which was to be expected considering what I had just eaten, I’m partial to their cinnamon buns and I did eat some🙄

Busy day today, various tasks, including car to sort out and clean, a fortnights shirts to iron, some expenses to bring up to date with at work, plus some mandatory training modules (online)
grocery shopping later, maybe relax in the garden also ..
I was planning to squeeze in a swim at Virgin, I don’t actually use the Gym, I just use the Pool & Spa but might speak to them today about that, I was previously thinking of cancelling the membership, when it looked like I was going to be self funding CGM but as im gettthem on prescription now, maybe will keep paying and using the Gym’s facilities but maybe just a little bit more to get VFM.

Have a super smashing Sunday 😎

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
Good morning 5.2
a HS this morning is most welcome, following yesterday evening’s high spike - when Mrs G & I went ti IKEA to get a smaller table (for the conservatory)
like you can in IKEA we spent loads of money on various bits & pieces, but in the end didn’t get the table we wanted, when we got to the aisle in warehouse to pick it, we found they had no stock, so will need to go back next Saturday to collect that on a click’n collect order

We ended up eating from their take away, I didn’t have my insulin (or tablets) my sugars spiked at just over 15 whilst driving home, which was to be expected considering what I had just eaten, I’m partial to their cinnamon buns and I did eat some🙄

Busy day today, various tasks, including car to sort out and clean, a fortnights shirts to iron, some expenses to bring up to date with at work, plus some mandatory training modules (online)
grocery shopping later, maybe relax in the garden also ..
I was planning to squeeze in a swim at Virgin, I don’t actually use the Gym, I just use the Pool & Spa but might speak to them today about that, I was previously thinking of cancelling the membership, when it looked like I was going to be self funding CGM but as im gettthem on prescription now, maybe will keep paying and using the Gym’s facilities but maybe just a little bit more to get VFM.

Have a super smashing Sunday 😎

We need a multi-emoji facility as I wanted to put Star. Like and Care! And I cannot even put them in a reply!

Congrats to those who have got HS yesterday and to @goodybags for today.

I forgot to check before breakfast yesterday, very busy day as fiancé and I went on a day trip to Dublin with some friends. Lots of walking but I also ate more than usual (and more carbs than usual) including a chocolate muffin at the airport at just after 10pm. Didn't get home till about 2am and didn't manage to sleep in much this morning (though only just got up properly). So I'm not too surprised to get 6.8 today

Morning everyone, it was a 5.2 for me on yet another sunny morning.

Have a good day everyone and stay well.

Congrats to all todays HSers

4.1 for me today. No insulin with breakfast but a walk uphill for a coffee with younger daughter who is visiting. Levels have gone up with the walk, not down like i expected.

Cinema this afternoon to watch Lee.

@ColinUK i was surprised at the amount of people leaving their seats when we saw Tina last week. Its very distracting.

Oh, a plethora of HS! I can't keep up, well done everyone!
A 6.6 first thing for me and I have just got back from my sisters 80th birthday celebrations at a local carvery.
I wonder what my BG will be tomorrow :confused:?

Back