Group 7-day waking average?

Morning folks. 6.3 here. Oo, sunshine.

Novorapid is living up to its nickname “Notsorapid” atm. I’m thinking of sending a smoke signal to my DSN (quicker than leaving a message with the centralized message-leaving service) to ask if I can switch to something perkier. I’m back in the classroom next week and need to know my insulin is doing its job while I do mine!

Good moaning! Woke up feeling good as had an unusual 24-hours free from pain. Then looked at Libre, 13.3. and thought "No, it's 09 - September". Then realised it was my BG. Checked on meter and it was 13.4 but sensor only has 11-hours left so new starter in place.

Sun shining but everywhere soaked and it is very cold!

Morning a 5.9 on waking at 6 and then another lie in so catching up on sleep.
Is cold this morning but dry and reduced my basal to 4u last night and not going on my walk after breakfast just to see how long it takes for highs to come down.
Anyway mainly WFH save for one very local trip and maybe a nice lunch out as my wife texted me to say go eat something nice but I have just binged in fruit and sandwiches which are my go tos when home alone.
Maybe order a Pizza tonight.

Another 5.3 and no rude messages on my meter this morning. :D
Have a good day everyone.

Dez

good morning 5.3 today

sorry to see your wife’s MH still isn’t so good at the moment @Gwynn

I had some good news yesterday seems GP will be able to prescribe me CGM after all, so I was def worth making a second ask, I’ve learnt so much in the month I’ve been trialing the 2 systems that I have,
so a big thank you to whoever first suggested I see if I was entitled to be prescribed a sensor

have a Flippin’’ Great Friday Folks 😎

Good morning. 5.6

Chilly but dry. Looks as if I will get the lawns done today - managed to strim round most of the edges yesterday despite the rain so it will, hopefully, be a sitting down job. Had a flat tyre on the mower when I got it out to check over so fingers crossed it remains inflated.

Roast duck on today's menu. Time for a big shop or it will be nothing but fish left in the freezer.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Morning all - I was quite high all night (must have been the two digestives and some chocolate before bed) - maybe a result of seeing the diabetes consultant and her being pleased with me! I'm going to be starting a bolus of insulin before my evening meal as that is the only time that I really spike and then don't come down because I'm not being active afterwards. She did talk about me taking an additional oral medication instead of the insulin because of still having some beta cells but then she mentioned possible side affects and I said I'd much rather stick with the insulin - especially as we don't really know how many I've got (obviously I would have been tested). So I should get the new prescription through in a couple of weeks and the good news is I'm going to be prescribed the Libre 2 sensor now - in fact she'd said that even before she decided to offer me an extra insulin so that will save me just under £100 a month! I'm off camping near Blackburn tonight or rather glamping. It's a retreat that I booked over a year ago and as it's got closer and closer I've been so tempted to duck out, but I've invited 3 others so can't. It's my birthday on Sunday though so I've warned them I'm probably using that as a "Get out of Jail free" card and leaving tomorrow night ... Have a good day and weekend everyone xxx

Good morning all. 6.9 and it’s another chilly one. 3 degrees! Ear worm alert! “When will I see you again?” Sorry, only diabetics of a certain age will know what I’m on about! :rofl:

Up at the crack again, been awake since 5am, woke Mr Eggy, we’ve tossed and turned so as we have the BT fella coming between 8-1 to fit super fast fibre broadband we just got up. Mr Eggy is in shock he didn’t realise there was two 6 o’clocks in the day!

Have a fab Friday.
"Hoo-oo! Haa-aa!"

Morning all - I was quite high all night (must have been the two digestives and some chocolate before bed) - maybe a result of seeing the diabetes consultant and her being pleased with me! I'm going to be starting a bolus of insulin before my evening meal as that is the only time that I really spike and then don't come down because I'm not being active afterwards. She did talk about me taking an additional oral medication instead of the insulin because of still having some beta cells but then she mentioned possible side affects and I said I'd much rather stick with the insulin - especially as we don't really know how many I've got (obviously I would have been tested). So I should get the new prescription through in a couple of weeks and the good news is I'm going to be prescribed the Libre 2 sensor now - in fact she'd said that even before she decided to offer me an extra insulin so that will save me just under £100 a month! I'm off camping near Blackburn tonight or rather glamping. It's a retreat that I booked over a year ago and as it's got closer and closer I've been so tempted to duck out, but I've invited 3 others so can't. It's my birthday on Sunday though so I've warned them I'm probably using that as a "Get out of Jail free" card and leaving tomorrow night ... Have a good day and weekend everyone xxx
Brilliant news Jo. About the insulin and CGM on prescription that is, maybe not the camping/ glamping! Does glamping mean you don’t have to go outside for a wee? 😛 I bet you enjoy it once you’re there. X

5.5 on another bright, sunny but rather cold Berkshire morning - 3.9 degrees on our garden thermometer when I got up just before 7. Dry, though, and not too bad in the sunshine when my wife and I walked down to Morrisons a short while ago.

Fitted wardrobe guys turned up on time yesterday and we now have a big empty alcove in our bedroom. We have a week to sand down and paint the walls before they're back to fit our new wardrobe. The old one was self-assembly and it took my wife and I a few hours to put it together. It took them less than 30 minutes to take it apart.

How's this for a howler from the Daily Mail today, on the Government's plan to ban junk food ads:-

The Government's definition of junk food risks being as complicated as the nutrition details on packaging that no-one ever reads.

Tempted to write to their Letters page, although a sternly-worded response from DUK might carry more weight. What do you think, Mike? @everydayupsanddowns

Friday, so Big Shop and after lunch I'll get started on the alcove. First off there are 20 rawlplugs that I need to get out.

Have a good Poet's Day, everyone.

Last edited:
Tempted to write to their Letters page, although a sternly-worded response from DUK might carry more weight. What do you think, Mike? @everydayupsanddowns

Ugh! I’ll start paying attention to the DM when it’s owner starts paying his taxes in the UK. :(

Do write to their letters page. A dose of common sense there would shine a bright light on things!

I’ll keep an eye out for a DUK response to the proposed ban, but I do find some media coverage a bit depressing. Either constantly moaning “why doesn’t somebody DO something”, or casting around tired and predictable ‘nanny state’ accusations when measures are suggested.

For poet’s day, here’s one from Brian Bilston, who apparently isn’t a fan:

I would rather
eat Quavers that are six week’s stale,
blow dry the hair of Gareth Bale,
listen to the songs of Jimmy Nail,
than read one page of the Daily Mail.

If I were bored
in a waiting room in Perivale,
on a twelve hour trip on British rail
or a world circumnavigational sail,
I would not read the Daily Mail.

I would happily read
the complete works of Peter Mayle,
the autobiography of Dan Quayle,
selected scripts from Emmerdale,
but I couldn’t ever read the Daily Mail.

Far better to
stand outside in a storm of hail,
be blown out to sea in a powerful gale
then swallowed by a humpback whale
than have to read the Daily Mail.

Morning everyone - lovely bright sunny morning here, and along with a 5.8 it’s been a good day so far.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

Do write to their letters page. A dose of common sense there would shine a bright light on things!
I have,

A few years ago we thought about switching to a different paper and I read an article once that ranked the papers from The Times in top spot to the Daily Star in bottom place. One below the DM was the Daily Express, one above was The Independent. Neither appealed, so we stuck with the DM.

Back