Group 7-day waking average?

Don't talk to me about sweetcorn, in my absence last week the badgers have trashed them and eaten the developing cobs. They managed to move aside the barrier across the doorway of cage they were in, it was wedges with a piece of wood with a heavy weight on it.
However the apples have done really well so inundated with Bramley, Charles Ross, Russets, Cox, sadly they are not all perfect so it is what to do with the damaged ones. I can see some chutney in the making. I have already made 1 batch of mint jelly.
Crumble! With ground almonds rubbed into butter for the "crumble" topping if you want low carb

Crumble! With ground almonds rubbed into butter for the "crumble" topping if you want low carb
That is on the agenda for pudding tonight, I also add some keto granola and extra seed to the topping.
I decided to cook the apples in the oven on a low temperature as I was sterilizing jars for the chutney and they over 'boiled' and covered the oven so a major cleaning job.
Why does 1 job always make 2 or 3.

Well, it's been some time since I posted—a holiday and coming back with Covid (which is still ongoing).

This morning my BG was 9.2, the lowest it's been for five days, with the evening figure of about 8, previously 13.5 constant.
I'm still on relatively excessive amounts of basal for me while the Covid lasts.

Posting late. 6.8 today.
Weird the difference from the 5.2 24 hours previously, when I followed the same routine with pilates etc. But hey ho. I suspect I can put it down to being up in the night for the loo!

Ooh I’m first up. 6.3 at 6am.

Chilly morning, my garden temperature thingymebob got a HS! :rofl:

New term swimming lessons start today, so babysitting required, not at home but at the pool. Zara at 11am, then 7 month old Eden starting for the first time, but not until 12, so I have to look after Eden in between and then Zara whilst Eden in, lots of hanging about. Then home to feed them, and middle daughter and baby Rocco. It’s all go, but TBF I’ve had a quiet week.

Have a grand day.

Attachments

• IMG_6033.jpeg
    IMG_6033.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 10
Morning. 8.8

Oh it’s cold today. Might have to take a hoody out with me. It’s only proper coat weather when there’s ice !

Have a good day.

Morning all. 6.0

Wicked yesterday was fun even with an atrociously behaved audience.

BG 5.2 the only good news right now

And its dark, cold, tipping it down out there right now and I have to walk to Lytham and back today to get my wifes prescription. Let's hope it stops raining. Hmmm knowing my luck.

My wife is no better

Just got soaked putting the bin out.

Yesterday I walked to Blackpool and back Just to get away. I got exactly half way when the heavens opened up and I got drenched. the heavy rain then continued all the way home. Coupled with the icy, blasting wind too, I was chilled by the time I got home And totally soaked.

I am not very happy right now, no dawn or horizon in sight,. Not even a glimmer of light. Just dark black misery..... such a shame. It could all have been such fun, such joy.

Oh, and in case you might be wondering still, no communication from my daughter.

Looking forward to better times...

Good morning. 6.1

Grey chilly morning after a very poor night. Ended up doing the Guardian Xword at 01.00hours.

Yesterday's viewers very keen but have a place to sell - and not yet on the market. They are arranging that today.

Weather yesterday was a distinct pain - it dried up in the afternoon so I planned on mowing the lawns once I had picked up this month's prescription. As I arrived back at the gate the heavens opened and I was deluged by huge drops of rain accompanied by flurries of hail. Closed gate, leapt back in car, drove to back door like a drowned rat, sat there hopefully but it didn't stop so emerged for another soaking. Needless to say once I got into the house the weather Gods turned off the taps...If the forecast is right I may get the lawns done on Friday.

Hope everyone doing well and at least some of us have sunshine.

And its dark, cold, tipping it down out there right now and I have to walk to Lytham and back today to get my wifes prescription. Let's hope it stops raining. Hmmm knowing my luck.

My wife is no better

Yesterday I walked to Blackpool and back Just to get away. I got exactly half way when the heavens opened up and I got drenched. the heavy rain then continued all the way home. Coupled with the icy, blasting wind too, I was chilled by the time I got home And totally soaked.

I am not very happy right now, no dawn or horizon in sight,. Not even a glimmer of light. Just dark black misery..... such a shame. It could all have been such fun, such joy.

Oh, and in case you might be wondering still, no communication from my daughter.

Hi Gwyn have given you the Star emoji for the HS but wanted to give you the care one in recognition of your current troubled situation.
Wishing you all the best for your wife’s recovery as I know how much her situation reflects on your own.Take care

Morning a lovely lie in after last nights meeting and my dog really played a blinder in not wanting to be up early.
A 5.7 for me and a lovely line overnight and another Unicorn so 2 in a row on my new regime.
The one difference with my wife being away is I am much more of a grazer in terms of eating and that is helping a lot in terms of maintaining BG control.
Another short trip just over border into Wales but not the nicest bit and a quiet day tomorrow so rest of week is very straightforward.
Whatever you are up to stay warm,stay safe and stay happy.

Morning all, 6.4 here. Why is the weather lovely at 7am, lovely at7pm, and atrocious in between? Was determined to finish cutting back some greenery overhanging the drive yesterday, but every time I ventured out, it rained me off within five minutes. Finally went out and got it done at 7.30 last night, when it was getting distinctly chilly.

My wife is no better

I'm so sorry things are so tough right now. Hoping you get some moments to 'catch your breath' so to speak today (without getting soaked to the bone in the process.

6.7 for me. Last day of work for the week as my day off falls on a Friday this week. I'm meeting up with a friend for a cuppa tomorrow and cake has usually been involved. She knows about my diagnosis so I'm thinking of trying some of the low carb tray bake recipes I've seen around. I've promised not to make her eat anything if it tastes disgusting! So, I think baking might be on the cards this evening. I've missed it so fingers crossed for somepaltable options that I can make again!

My meter was very rude to me this morning. It displayed this

1726123590615.png:rofl:
After I gave it a good talking to it produced a 5.3. If the first strip had worked I might have had a HS. 😛

Dez

Last edited:
Back