Group 7-day waking average?

(Zippyjojo slips in the back door hoping no-one has noticed that she's been AWOL for a long time ...)

Morning everyone - 7.2 for me this morning. Up early as have just started volunteering in the garden at Askham Hall on Wednesdays and they start at 8am! Must remember to get out of my dressing gown. I went on a Desmond course last week. I'd been on one before when I was first diagnosed 2.5 years ago but this was much better delivered - we were upstairs in Penrith Rugby Club with a glorious view of the mountains of the Lake District but it was such a good session that I wasn't sitting there looking at the view. They've suggested I get booked onto the 3 day Injectable Therepeutic course (or something like that) which I think will be really useful. I've got an appointment with the Diabetic Consultant in Carlisle tomorrow (@eggyg I'll wave on the way past) - it's just an annual thing. Hope everyone is well and has a good day xxx

I went to see it years ago with the children but couldn't tell you anything about it as just after the lights went down there was some shuffling of people coming in to sit in the row in front of us and we suddenly realised it was Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and all their children! So basically we've always called it the "Bradd Pitt & Angelina Jolie Show" because we didn't concentrate on Wicked at all but just kept looking at them - sad eh! Have a good time - I was in Victoria last week and saw the theatre and it all came flooding back. Is that where Startlight Express used to be?
It is the same theatre. Starlight Express is now on in a venue that’s part of the Wembley complex I think.

I’ll keep an eye out for Brad, Angelina or any other well known folks and will report back!

I've got an appointment with the Diabetic Consultant in Carlisle tomorrow (@eggyg I'll wave on the way past) - it's just an annual thing.
Ask them if I can have one! Never, ever seen a diabetic consultant, think I need a chat with my GP!

If Camille is there, pop in for a cuppa. Xx

It is the same theatre. Starlight Express is now on in a venue that’s part of the Wembley complex I think.

I’ll keep an eye out for Brad, Angelina or any other well known folks and will report back!
I don’t think these two will be together! 😱 Maybe Keanu, celebrating his 60th. Now that would be a treat, for him I mean, to meet you.😉

Morning, 5.5 this morning. Hopefully not too busy a day at work, but I'm on duty this morning so that can be unpredictable

I'm joining my fellow Heinzers this morning with a 5.7 🙂

Dez

7.1 for me after a late dinner and a low alarm. Haven't had a cold for about a decade, never caught covid, but woke with runny nose, headache and sore throat. I don't have time for this. Last prep day before set up tomorrow for the boat show. Must find time to read sick day rules.
Take care everyone.

Blue sky and sunshine for a change this morning, though it's pretty cool.

Tyre pressure warning light came on when I started the car so will get some air in them later and see which one's low, and hope it's not because of a puncture. As Wednesday's my sweet treat day I'll pop into Gail's while I'm out and pick up one of their flourless chocolate cakes to have later with a dollop of Greek yogurt.

Billy No Mates for a while today as my wife and our eldest are both in their offices and our youngest has gone to an apprentice workshop over in Windsor following his application for a job with a media production company. He has a Diploma in Creative Media Production, so should be right up his street.

@Gwynn sorry to hear that things have taken a turn for the worse

5.5 this morning.

To plagiarise @goodybags have a Wonderful Wednesday

And a happy 5.6 for me this sunny morning, it makes a change from all the grey of the last few days,

Have a lovely day everyone and stay well.

Morning all. 5.7

Yesterday two distractingly handsome chaps from Brightwells auctioneers came and collected the first half of the wine collection that formed part of the estate. That’s some 1,500 bottles gone. It means that a whole room is now empty for the first time.

I’m not sure when they’ll make it to auction but hopefully it won’t be long. Now to crack on and catalogue the second half and see if Brightwells want those as well.

Seeing Wicked this afternoon and before that gym, then meeting friends for a coffee and catch up.

Ooh spoke with the folks yesterday. They went to Bournemouth for a few days so wanted to see how it was. “Fine” said mum. So clearly it was an unmitigated disaster!

My brother is 60 on Sunday. Keanu Reeves is 60. One has aged significantly better than the other. This fact might be referenced in my brother’s birthday card. :rofl:

morning all 4 this morning the sun is out keeping my fingers crossed as work part three is about to start on the car were expecting the part needed to arrive today, home made curry for hubby daughter and boyfriend made in advance as there won't be time later to cook mines a salad as I don't like curry have a good day everyone

Afternoon another late on parade and a 7.4 with a bit of DP and a lie in.Spent most of night around 5-6 so happy enough and got first Unicorn on my non bolus regime and reduced my basal to 5u.
Nice trip to Oswestry to see orthopaedic Consultant who said everything was good and X rays showed all still working.Not bad getting 20 years wear out of a bit of metal ( with no issues whatsoever) which at the time they said they could only guarantee a 5 year life.
Only sad thing is the Professor who did the surgery and was a real pioneer sadly died a few years ago and is sorely missed for his expertise and such a nice guy.
One of those genuine folk you meet in all walks of life who are at the top of their game and nice to boot.
Anyway had trip to North Wales earlier and a Cardiology Meeting tonight but is local so shaping up to to be a good week and BG seems to be behaving.
Enjoy

Good morning. 6.4 - which, considering I ate flapjack yesterday, isn't as bad as it might have been. Just couldn't resist something sweet. Must try harder.

Chilly, very windy, quite thick cloud cover - no sign of the promised sunny intervals. Could be another book day although local garden centre is on the agenda it it clears up. I need something variegated for the bed under my bedroom window - too much unrelieved dark stuff in there now it has matured. And I need to dig out the lavender - its gone all leggy and woody with "interesting" grass inclusions. I would swear I am going mowable grass only in my next garden - except I know I would never stick to it. Mind you I can't get at any of the lawns at the moment as its just too wet. The veggie garden is still in production: sweet corn, runners, chard, celeriac, butternut squash, spinach, globe artichokes plus a few late courgettes and raspberries. Could be worse - although why the strawberries have started flowering again I dunno.

Wishing everyone a good week.
Don't talk to me about sweetcorn, in my absence last week the badgers have trashed them and eaten the developing cobs. They managed to move aside the barrier across the doorway of cage they were in, it was wedges with a piece of wood with a heavy weight on it.
However the apples have done really well so inundated with Bramley, Charles Ross, Russets, Cox, sadly they are not all perfect so it is what to do with the damaged ones. I can see some chutney in the making. I have already made 1 batch of mint jelly.

Back