Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 4.9 at 6am. I got up, used bath room and walked downstairs and it was 6.1! But it’s dropped down to 5 now! Early breakfast it is then.

Wet and mild today. It’s almost 16 degrees. Forecast rain, for a change.
Got a visitor at 10, a Camera Club colleague of Mr Eggy’s, it’s the handing over of the red petty cash tin! 😉Plus the cheque book! Who uses cheques these days? Camera Clubs of course. How quaint! He’s glad to see the back of it! So will I!
Otherwise nothing planned, waiting for a parcel, and a cottage pie to make. It’s autumn now and nothing will change my mind!

Have a good day.
It was odd that when we had to pay the deposit to the British Gas chap who did the quote for the new boiler he could only take a cheque, he didn't have a card machine or accept a direct transfer. Then we got a e-mail saying we still owed that amount as he hadn't passed it through. We told them that was their problem not ours.
Anyway it was sorted but no apology just excuses.

Good morning - 7.5 at 8:30

Have a great day everyone!

It’s a minefield. Which bearing in mind this is for ships isn’t that good as mines and ships don’t mix.
Landmines are found on minefields and can be happily mixed with ships; the former sink once at sea without harm; the latter don't. Not sure what the geographic term is for a collection of floating sea mines.

What an awful situation. I thought PIP was meant to be easier off you had a terminal diagnosis but apparently not.
My understanding was that pretty much all you needed was an SR1 form from the GP or consultant.

I don’t know if you’ve looked at https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ for PIP guidance but it really is an amazingly comprehensive resource.
He has had 2 SRI issued one form the oncologist and one from our GP, Macmillan have taken the case on for him, its a complete nightmare, there saying its not the illness its what you can do, he has had stable scans for two years plus now and even the doctor has said its really bad the way they treat people, its bad. thanks for the link will have a look

4.4 this morning car still not repaired new flywheel and clutch in but they can't get the gear box in properly they gave up at 10pm last night, today we have to take the mobility car back hubby is sad so am I but it would be better if the new car was repaired have a good day everyone

4.4 this morning car still not repaired new flywheel and clutch in but they can't get the gear box in properly they gave up at 10pm last night, today we have to take the mobility car back hubby is sad so am I but it would be better if the new car was repaired have a good day everyone
Next door but two neighbour bought a car from some distance away and loads went wrong on the way back so it is sitting outside whilst he tries to get his money back, he doesn't seem to be having much luck as it has been there ages.
Check your car or house insurance as it may include legal assistance.

Next door but two neighbour bought a car from some distance away and loads went wrong on the way back so it is sitting outside whilst he tries to get his money back, he doesn't seem to be having much luck as it has been there ages.
Check your car or house insurance as it may include legal assistance.
we had a 200 mile round trip to buy the car we have spoken to the previous owner and he said he will help with the cost of the parts next month but to be honest I won't be holding my breathe, we want to keep the car as its a bargain even with the parts we have had to buy,Just dropped the mobility car back to BMW and they have offered to do us a free health check on the new car once its back on the road which everything crossed should be in a couple of days

Landmines are found on minefields and can be happily mixed with ships; the former sink once at sea without harm; the latter don't. Not sure what the geographic term is for a collection of floating sea mines.
It’s still a minefield but obviously they’re not landmines!

8 this morning, which wasn't that bad, considering everything that I had last night late on. I must get out of the habit of snacking at midnight!
A quiet day here as it was absolutely chucking it down this morning, it's still trying now... very glum.

quick update on our car trouble there still outside raining now got the clutch re fitted think they might have been in properly, still struggling with the gear box but daughter has a friend who has offered his help free of charge and he is a qualified mechanic, and is coming over tomorrow evening so I am really hoping this will sort it.

Evening all - it was a horrid day, teeming down all day.

6.7 first thing - was rushing around this morning for various reasons and no time to switch the computer on.

Met a friend in town and the rain had set in just as we left the house. It's a 10 minute drive into town (hubby was dropping me off) but this morning due to traffic it took half an hour, so I was late to meet her, though I texted and rang and left a message - she doesn't reply so I never know if she's got the message. Anyway, we went to the Turks Head who were offering a menu item + a drink for £12. Included ham, egg and chips and fish and chips, so it was good value, but I didn't want a full meal as we are having a cooked meal this evening. We both settled for wild mushrooms on sourdough toast with spinach, buffalo mozzarella and a poached egg. My friend wanted sparkling mineral water instead of any of the drinks on offer so she didn't get the offer, but I had a glass of wine so I did. It was a very small glass of wine, but nonetheless enough for a lunchtime. The mushroom dish was delicious! But.... it pushed BGs up above the 10 mark.

We then went shopping in the rain and I got my photo taken for my driving licence application. Fortunately this time the shop managed to take a photo depicting me as a live human, unlike the photo booth that had made me look like a corpse. I also got a nice top for my holidays in one of the only 2 shops in town that sell decent ladies clothes.

@Pam123 - good luck with that car! Hope the mechanic friend can fix it.

Have a good evening everyone.

It’s still a minefield but obviously they’re not landmines!
Check out CruiseCritic forums https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/arti...s-message-boards-to-plan-your-cruise-vacation where you can chat to experienced cruisers (ha ha) CruiseCritic has been emailing me regularly and just recently there was an article talking about the pros and cons of using a professional cruise travel agent. I expect you could find the article on their website. Unfortunately I sent it to the graveyard of emails.

Morning all. Woken up by sirens and blue lights about an hour and a half ago. I’m assuming they’re attending the very elderly couple a few houses down. Hope they’re ok.

7.0 for me.

Morning an 8 for me and another flat line.We went for an Indian meal last night and had a “Tapas” style dish and it was so nice but really hard to count the carbs.
So I took 4u at the table and 3 afterwards and it stayed about 7.4 all night but then went upward to about 10 just before bed so a 2u correction and although it did not drop am happy enough.
We both loved it and gave us another option as we love our Indian food and rounded off the day.

GM. 5.1 for me today.

Was a little over indulgent over the BH so it is now back on that wagon... much easier when at work!!

Hope you all have a lovely day, it seems like it will be a sunny warm one.

Last edited:
Good morning a nice round 5.

Busy day today. Osteopath at 9.30, was hoping it might be the last but after having an almost 3 mile walk yesterday, I’m not sure. That’s the longest I’ve walked for about 6 weeks and my back/hip/pelvis still isn’t right. Especially my right hip area. Had to walk really slow, and limp, most of the walk, it did ease off going down hill which I thought was odd as that usually hurts the most! Will see what he has to say and do this time. Then fly back home to get my glad rags on as I’m meeting friends for lunch at 12.30. I’ll get the 11.30 bus,( as like @PattiEvans I’ll be having a glass of vino) it’s so good we have a bus service again after two years without one, it’s only hourly as opposed to the half hourly it was but I’m not complaining. Need some birthday cards so will get those and Mr Eggy’s Darjeeling First Flush, he’s going through it like it’s going out of fashion. Before we retired he had it once a week, on a Sunday, since we retired he’s virtually stopped having good old Tetley tea bags and is almost exclusively drinking the Darjeeling! Think it costs more than gold per gram! 😉 I suppose he could have worse vices.

At least no tea to make tonight, Mr E making his own, sweet and sour prawns. I hate prawns and I hate sweet and sour so he’s very excited as I never make it. Yuk! I’ll probably have a slice of toast.

After yesterday’s absolutely terrible weather, rained all day, the forecast today is dry with sunny intervals, I’m off to blow the dust off my Birkenstocks and sunglasses!

Have a grand day.

Good morning everyone

BG 5.3
BP 119/75
Pulse 49 Hmmm

Today an early grocery/greengrocery delivery (8.30am), 2 Amazon deliveries (supplements), some keyboard practice (Christmas carols and my latest song), hopefully a walk, rest (are you kidding?).

christmas-carol-reindeer-26988875.jpg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Back