Group 7-day waking average?

1724571106341.png
Dez 🙂

Morning all, 4.7 here. I think we had all your rain yesterday, @eggyg , it never stopped all night and all morning. Daughter had booked to go to a cross country coaching session with the pony, at a course on top of an exposed hillside. She got wet!

Morning

7.8 and very congested in my throat, almost like I have had an asthma attack, but in my throat not chest. Only plans for today is knitting, crotchet and reading.

Loving all this chat about cruising, I have never been on a cruise, but would love to do a Northern lights one, but very interested in reading about other cruises people recommend. Tilbury Cruise Terminal is close to where I live so getting one from there would be good.

@MeeTooTeeTo - congratulations on your HS.

This was honestly the first time I looked at libre this morning, 5.2. Now gone up to 8.2 after leaving bed and having a coffee.

Attachments

• IMG_4862.png
    IMG_4862.png
    24 KB · Views: 6
Morning! A 6.3 for me.
@ColinUK back to cruising... we have done about 9 or 10 all types.
River cruises are wonderful as the smaller vessels are able to dock right in town and then you can explore during the evening without an expedition. The water is flat if folk are concerned about sea sickness.
Big ocean cruises are brilliant too as you can explore more far away places that river cruisers can't. Then there is the decision of fly/no fly...
Our first cruise for our 25th was 17 nights on Royal Caribbean. We few to Dubai and picked up the ship.
We have also done OZ & NZ, Alaska, the Caribbean as well as the Med and the Baltics. Also the Fjords are beautiful. Our next cruise in Nov is out of Southampton across the bay of biscay past Gibraltar to Barcelona and back. This is for our 50th!
The key to cruising is find somewhere you really want to go and then find the ship that will get you there within your budget.
We love it! I hope that helps?
Any thoughts on the cruise lines/size of ships etc are welcome

Logic seems to suggest a late 2025 Pacific Coast cruise followed by time in LA, Palm Springs, Phoenix (for Tombstone), Flagstaff (for Grand Canyon and east towards Monument Valley maybe) and flying back from Vegas might tick all my boxes.
Now I just need to get my planning head on and see if it’s feasible for an amount I’m willing to spend. I suspect it won’t be and I’ll need to trim things down or win the lottery.

morning 4.4 for me this morning hubby daughter and her boyfriend have made a start on the car been outside since 8am, keeping everything crossed that they won't encounter any problems. nothing for me to do except keep making drinks when needed at least the sun is out, hope you all have a great day.

4.9 for me this morning.

My wife’s sister is staying with us for a couple of days, so today we are planning a little trip down to Bourton on the Water. Probably not really sensible given it’s sunny today and a bank holiday weekend, but hey ho.

Congratulations @MeeTooTeeTo and @Lucyr on your HS today!

Have a good day everyone!

Morning! A 6.3 for me.
@ColinUK back to cruising... we have done about 9 or 10 all types.
River cruises are wonderful as the smaller vessels are able to dock right in town and then you can explore during the evening without an expedition. The water is flat if folk are concerned about sea sickness.
Big ocean cruises are brilliant too as you can explore more far away places that river cruisers can't. Then there is the decision of fly/no fly...
Our first cruise for our 25th was 17 nights on Royal Caribbean. We few to Dubai and picked up the ship.
We have also done OZ & NZ, Alaska, the Caribbean as well as the Med and the Baltics. Also the Fjords are beautiful. Our next cruise in Nov is out of Southampton across the bay of biscay past Gibraltar to Barcelona and back. This is for our 50th!
The key to cruising is find somewhere you really want to go and then find the ship that will get you there within your budget.
We love it! I hope that helps?
I suppose our Nile Cruise was slightly tainted by having to stay on the extra time with uncertainly about when and how we were to return as a few days before we went my daughter had to have an emergency C-section 6 weeks early, her daughter was only 4lbs and in the NICU. She said for us to go as it would be later she would need help but the delay in returning made it very stressful.
Another Cruise was to the Azores and going through the Bay of Biscay was something else as it was very rough.

Good morning 5.6 from me today

congrats @MeeTooTeeTo & @Lucyr

I’m relaxing this morning, later I might go and swim, at the moment just chilling (back in bed) on my second cup of tea, catching up with a few things online,
I have one eye on my iPad have the other on yesterdays EFL highlights on ITV.

Weather looks warm and dry today
TC everyone 😎

Morning everyone, it’s a 5.5 for on another wild and windy day, black clouds with just a hint of sunshine on occasions.

Have a nice day folks and stay well.

6 this am/pm due to sleeping in. Like the weather we are down too, Mrs SS is looking forward to church tonight. I've had my head buried in the book by SP
(part of Rune-Net).

Congratulations to @MeeTooTeeTo & @Lucyr

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the cruise lines/size of ships etc are welcome
Certainly I would look at the American cruise lines if you are wanting to go to the states. They are big on customer service. We have used Royal Caribbean, Princess, Holland America and Celebrity. For size, we try and keep around 5000 people or less. Cabin choice, outside if there are lots of sights to see and try and choose the centre of the ship for stability. There are companies who will plan your whole experience for you, but even a good old travel agent is a great option. (If you have one near you, which we do) They offer good advice and many have been on the ships. They are helpful with budgeting too.
Your itinerary sounds interesting... timings are important as are excursions when you are on the ship. Ship excursions are more expensive but they guarantee to wait if the trip is late back. Make sure you are aware. It seems a lot to get your head around. We have done both self- planned and fully planned for us. Both have been successful.
It all sound very exciting Colin!

Afternoon all on this grey day in Cornwall. Only spits of rain but my goodness did it lash down in the night!

6.7 when I surfaced at 9am. Another night (2 out of the last 3) when I have been awake for hours starting with a loo visit at 4:30am, which resulted in not falling asleep again until 6:30 - 7:00ish and then oversleeping.

Spent the day doing some fairly strenuous housework downstairs including cleaning the french windows. Hubby has kindly helped a lot and sent me to sit down whilst he hoovers.

Tomorrow we shall have the delight of cleaning upstairs!

Congratulations to @MeeTooTeeTo and @Lucyr on your optimum waking BGs.

@Lucyr you need to change your type to T1 - you still have Other Type in your sig🙂

@Lucyr you need to change your type to T1 - you still have Other Type in your sig🙂
I still feel like a bit of a fraud putting T1 without clarifying that it’s not classic T1 it’s a weird other type! Have updated the selection now.

Last edited:
Back