Group 7-day waking average?

just got in dashed out to do the long weekend shop, was 5 this morning, not looking forward to the long weekend as hubby daughter and her boyfriend will all be working on the new clutch and flywheel on the new car we bought, I will need to find something to do to keep me occupied, there starting it tomorrow could take 2 days to do, fingers crossed it goes well, hope everyone has a good weekend

Arrived safely in Fowey and now settled into our holiday let. Torrential rain when we got up this morning but it was heading east and we were heading west, and it was lovely and sunny by the time we got here. Just waiting now for our two sons and our eldest's girlfriend to arrive and then a Sainsbury's delivery.

5.9 when I tested this morning, an average of 4.7, 6.8 and 6.1 across 3 fingers. Explain that.

Enjoy what remains of your Saturday.

Last edited:
9 this morning, woke up to torrential rain which passed within a couple of hours—looking forward to our upcoming holiday to sunny Scarborough to see my brother. He's got the rabble over for a week first, though, the 'Rabble' being his son, wife & three young uns', together with two huge dogs! I don't envy him.

First cruise the folks did was a fjord cruise. Mum said it was so boring and that if you’ve seen one fjord you’ve seen them all!
I’m not feeling a river cruise as my first one as I want the experience of being on a ship rather than a boat. That said I would consider a Nile cruise maybe.
We did a Nile Cruise the year of the Icelandic Volcano eruption that closed the air space so got stuck for an extra week.
You need to be prepared for the complete contrast in the 'haves' and the 'have nothing', posh mansions or hovels you wouldn't keep a donkey in. Quite sad really but the sights were interesting but you certainly have to be prepared for being hassled by hawkers and beggars.
We didn't find the Fjord cruise boring, there was plenty to see and do off board at the stops.

Evening all - a day of contrasts, lovely sun but cold wind and rainstorms.

6.7 when I woke with a nice flattish line.

Was still lurking about in my PJs at midday, having slept until nearly 10 am when a friend rang and suggested they would walk over from town and we meet our local. So hurried up and got ready, ate bacon sarnie and met them. Been there all afternoon and had a fun time.

Our photobook turned up just before we left the house, bit disappointing as all the photos were taken with our phones and the weather was grey.

@Elenka_HM they do still sell alarm clocks!

How about for a bit of fun if people who test in the mornings post their waking levels? I think it would be interesting to see what the average works out at after a week 🙂

I'll start with mine - I was 6.0 when I woke up this morning 🙂

(please don't let me be the only person to enter one! 😉)
Mine is between 5.5 and 6.5 irrespective of what it was at bedtime when I inject 14u of insulin

Good afternoon, so having sold a fridge that we bought last year that in the end we never needed it after all, earlier today I ordered some Libra sensors, was surprised to see buying a pack of two directly from abbot is actually cheaper at the moment than getting them off Amazon
although obviously on Amazon could’ve got them delivered tomorrow,
I’ve also a Dexcom one on its way for their 10 day free trial also probably both parcels will come on the same day I expect… 😉

@PattiEvans where did you get the photo books ordered from ? @Martin.A hope you have a wonderful time down in Cornwall, @MikeyBikey sorry to hear your eye injection wasn’t a good experience yesterday, I’ve been having them off and on (for about the last 7 years) - and on a few occasions had a similar experience 🙄

Morning folks and folkesses. Hope the torrential rain from yesterday has moved on and you’re all basking in glorious sunshine today.

Morning a 5.9 with a gentle decline from a stubborn high going to bed after my real blow out of a big. chippy tea with lots of bread etc but did enjoy it.
Nice quiet day and a supermarket shop as have vouchers for Waitrose and Tesco and we need our Aldi fix so I will have arms like girders carrying all this heavy shopping.
Does anyone remember the Smash adverts of the instant mash robots carrying big bags of spuds and their arms becoming elongated.
Well hoping your arms stay in the sockets.

Morning all. A huge, for me, 8.2. Haven’t a clue what’s gone on, except I’ve had a terrible night. I’ve tossed and turned since 1.15. So hot and sweaty I was sure we must be having an incredibly mild night, but no, it’s 10 degrees at the moment. The graph has gone from 6 ( I had a 9grm snack at this point) at about 10, when I went to bed, and just risen steadily since then. I did sneeze constantly yesterday, and Zara and Eden are full of cold. Could be that. :confused:

Yesterday wasn’t a bad day after all. Was quite bright all day, a bit breezy and never got higher than 15degrees, but no rain.

No plans today, Maybe a bit ironing, definitely a nana nap!

Have a super Sunday. Wind and rain forecast for us but looks lovely at the moment, here’s hoping they’ve got it wrong again.

Morning a 5.9 with a gentle decline from a stubborn high going to bed after my real blow out of a big. chippy tea with lots of bread etc but did enjoy it.
Nice quiet day and a supermarket shop as have vouchers for Waitrose and Tesco and we need our Aldi fix so I will have arms like girders carrying all this heavy shopping.
Does anyone remember the Smash adverts of the instant mash robots carrying big bags of spuds and their arms becoming elongated.
Well hoping your arms stay in the sockets.
Oooh I loved a tin of Smash back in the day, and the adverts.Luckily, my taste buds, and cooking skills have both come on a bit since the 70s!

Morning! A 6.3 for me.
@ColinUK back to cruising... we have done about 9 or 10 all types.
River cruises are wonderful as the smaller vessels are able to dock right in town and then you can explore during the evening without an expedition. The water is flat if folk are concerned about sea sickness.
Big ocean cruises are brilliant too as you can explore more far away places that river cruisers can't. Then there is the decision of fly/no fly...
Our first cruise for our 25th was 17 nights on Royal Caribbean. We few to Dubai and picked up the ship.
We have also done OZ & NZ, Alaska, the Caribbean as well as the Med and the Baltics. Also the Fjords are beautiful. Our next cruise in Nov is out of Southampton across the bay of biscay past Gibraltar to Barcelona and back. This is for our 50th!
The key to cruising is find somewhere you really want to go and then find the ship that will get you there within your budget.
We love it! I hope that helps?

My readings are all over the place at the moment and after yesterday's mishmash across 3 fingers I was deeply suspicious of this morning's 7.6 LH and 6.7 RH, so I opened a new box of strips and tested the same fingers again - 5.8 and 5.7 - so I've binned what's left of the old tub. That tub was off Amazon, the new one's from Diabetic Supply. I'm not buying off Amazon again.

Lovely sunrise over the Fowey estuary this morning so hopefully it'll be a nice day for the Smite World Championships over in St Neot. Singles 11 o'clock, doubles 2 o'clock, so a full day and a picnic lunch.

Have a good Sunday.

Good morning! An 8.421 after a strange very early (01:00am) spike!

The red mist in my right eye has cleared to something more like rose tinted dirty spectacles. Hopefully I can have a more normal day?

Broken cloud but distinctly chilly. C/H for an hour before washing and dressing.

Good morning everyone

BG 4.7 excellent
BP 119/78 good
Pulse 52 hmmm

Today is the big handover/retirement celebrations. It will be a long day, but a good one. The celebrations food will wreck my diet!!!

And me and my weighing scalescare not on speaking terms this morning!!!

Just finishing off a song. It's the words that need very special care....

Have a great day today whatever you are doing.

Back