Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. I'm ashamed of my readings today. All of you lot are well in range. Mine were great yesterday, dropped a little before bed but then the graph shot up overnight! The alarm went off at 10 level but it didn't worry me as i'd had nothing so expected it to fall. Nope, when i woke this morning it was in the 12s so i corrected with 2u. Now its 2.9!!!!! Finger prick confirmed. All i've done is have a shower and walk downstairs. I'm very fed up with it all.

@eggyg congrats on the 100%!! Thats amazing, well done! Enjoy your afternoon with everyone.
@miguel81 congrats on your HS

Its very blustery here, though i have three loads of washing so hopefully it will dry on the line.

Have a good day everyone.

Good moring 5.9

Sunshine after deluge. Wind quite brisk. Off out to the Cothi Valley to look at a bungalow with land and fishing rights. Lovely part of the country. Woke to find myself pain free so I should enjoy the jaunt if I don't overdo it..

Have a great day everyone.

Morning all and 6.8 for me.

Something has changed. The libre alarm is earning it's keep. Basal tweak required?

Wind looks to be abating. Went to the post office with a big box of albums earlier and it was quite fresh out.

Have a good day everyone.

Didn't post yesterday with going out for the day, I was 4.8 yesterday and despite having far to many carbs my BS kept plummeting most of the day, several hypos and last night, again this morning 2 hypos in the night and 3.9 this morning none of which I understand, anyway had a lovely day out at the British Ironworks the cafe is amazing. but on the way hope in the new car we had an error warning and discovered the clutch and Flywheel are faulty, just ordered new parts which luckly enough although its a big job hubby can repair as the parts just cost us £800 no wonder the seller was happy to let it go at a reduced price, never the less we feel sure he knew there was a problem you just can't trust anyone hope you all have a good day

Weight slightly down even after eating chocolate cake and stuff yesterday. Me and my weighing scales are buddies again.
Similar experience here
A friend popped over yesterday as she's working on my birthday (tomorrow). We had pizza, ice cream, and due to it still sitting in my kitchen I had way way too much birthday cake. Result - about 1.5 lb lighter this morning.
I decided ages ago, sometimes food and weight don't make sense - I figure best thing is generally eat what I should to help me lose some more weight, and not care too much about 'naughty days'.
BP 86 / 61, pulse a high (for me) 54

Good afternoon everyone! 7ish this morning on finger prick.

My sensor went mad around 6pm yesterday, started blaring the low alarm despite me not taking any insulin since the previous afternoon. Well, I just had a brisk walk to work and it has overestimated the drop, sometimes happens. Plus I didn't have too many carbs for lunch. I assumed it would go back to normal soon. Nope. According to it I spent the whole rest of the day in or barely above hypo territory. Meanwhile the finger test said 5s and 7s.

Today I've kept it until 2 pm, same story. A finger prick said 5'4, Libre said 2'5. After that I ripped it off. It had 2 days left so not such a big loss, and didn't bother calling Abbot. Will apply the new one later after a shower.

Evening all - very changeable day. Some sun, but a cold wind.

7.7 this morning just as I thought I had the HCA tamed. I had a small yoghurt (8.5g carb) which I bolussed for and my BG has been stuttering along all day just under/over 10.

Yesterday I woke with my right eye very inflamed and stabbing pains round the eye socket. As I was seeing a nurse for a B12 injection in the afternoon I asked her what to do. Then when I got home I remembered that Spa Medica have a helpline phone number, so I rang it and the upshot was I got an appointment for 12:30 today. We were supposed to be meeting friends in town, but hey ho... eyesight is more important. So I spent the best part of the afternoon with people looking deep into my eyes and taking photos etc. It's OK, can sometimes happen and I now have to put drops in 6 times a day for 1 week, 5 times a day for another week, 4 the next week followed by 3, 2, 1 etc. They were very thorough in their investigations and the lady Opthalmologist was very reassuring.

Stopped at Matalan and M&S on the way home, we both got a pair of jeans and I got a top. Thank you M&S for the £9 worth of vouchers you had sent me.

Cottage pie that I made earlier for dinner.

@Elenka_HM how very irritating the sensors can be! Abbott will still replace, 2 days or a week makes no difference.

@miguel81 Congrats on your HS

@TinaD hope the bungalow is to your taste, but do enjoy the day out.

@eggyg enjoy the chaos of the hordes!

Best wishes all.

Late on parade today as we've spent most of the day travelling. Arrived safely at our hotel just outside Exeter and now relaxing before dinner at 7:30. Despite the BBC forecast of 40mph westerly winds we had dry and mostly sunny weather all the way. Lunch at Pret at Clarks Village en route. Did some shopping - I bought a shirt in M&S, my wife easily outspent me in various outlet shops.

Pushing on to Fowey in the morning after breakfast.

6.0 when I tested this morning. Weekly BP check 135/74, so High Normal again.

Morning! Second... and 6.3
Serving on the Bluebell Railway again today and being pulled by Britain's newest steam loco 'Beachy Head' What a joy!
I shall be, no doubt selling many teas and coffee's from the buffet car!
Blessings

Snowwy

How about for a bit of fun if people who test in the mornings post their waking levels? I think it would be interesting to see what the average works out at after a week 🙂

I'll start with mine - I was 6.0 when I woke up this morning 🙂

(please don't let me be the only person to enter one! 😉)
Type2
6.9 pre breakfast ( fasting) not bad I think

Good morning everyone

BG 5.1
BP 111/74
Pulse 52

Today sees the big reheasals for tomorrow (celebrations for the Pastors retirement). I am doing the sound system. Unfortunately I only discovered that yesterday. Whoops, lots now to do. It will be fine.

I suspect there will be no walk today.

I still ate a bit too much yesterday and lost weight. Now 70.3 (goal 70Kg)

I had high hopes for the labour government but they seem to be robbing the poorer people, not what I expected from a peoples caring party. Winter fuel allowance would have been a big help to me. Now I am worried about the up coming winter cold.

Is this weekend a bank holiday?

Have a warm day today even tho summer seems to have vanished.

Good morning everyone

BG 5.1
BP 111/74
Pulse 52

Today sees the big reheasals for tomorrow (celebrations for the Pastors retirement). I am doing the sound system. Unfortunately I only discovered that yesterday. Whoops, lots now to do. It will be fine.

I suspect there will be no walk today.

I still ate a bit too much yesterday and lost weight. Now 70.3 (goal 70Kg)

I had high hopes for the labour government but they seem to be robbing the poorer people, not what I expected from a peoples caring party. Winter fuel allowance would have been a big help to me. Now I am worried about the up coming winter cold.

Is this weekend a bank holiday?

Have a warm day today even tho summer seems to have vanished.
Yes it is Bank Holiday. Hope you all have a good one. 6.8 for me this morning.

Morning all. Another 6.9 for me today.

Saw family last night and picked their brains about cruises. Amazingly my soon to be 23 year old nephew disagrees with everyone else about what would be a good cruise for me. He suggests one with a port a day and lots of activities onboard (like surf simulators and rock climbing walls etc) whereas everyone else says find photos of the library and avoid any ship with more than about 2,500 passenger capacity. That way I’ll be able to find space to chill.
Realistically I might be looking at 2026 cruising because it’s the only way to get a reasonably priced solo cruise but I’ll look for 2025 as well.
Certainly more research is needed, and that research is kinda fun!

@everydayupsanddowns Nothing from the lawyer yesterday. I’ll chase on Tuesday.

Good morning all. 5.7 and I managed a wee lie in.

Yesterday was total chaos as per. Washing line snapped with all my whites on! ( I’m blaming Lillian) Mr Eggy and the girls brought it in. Whilst in the utility room sorting it out, Sadie, aged 6, decided to have a sniff of the fabric softener, of course I hadn’t put the lid on properly, bad grandma, and she spilt it all over herself and the floor. We had to strip her off and wash her down, she was all slimy but smelt beautiful! Luckily she had some other clothes to wear. She got a shock bless her. We kept asking if she was Comfort-able all day! I was still in tne middle of making finger sandwiches and the two daughters and two babies arrived in all this chaos. The afternoon tea style lunch was eaten at almost afternoon tea time! Never a dull moment in Eggyland!

A much quieter day today, I hope!

Have a super Saturday, rain forecast here but that blooming wind has abated thank goodness!

Just for fun. Mr Eggy did some trick photography yesterday, before Comfort/washing linegate, no wonder it snapped! 😉
No children were hurt during the making of this photo.

Attachments

• ea5dd49b-e7c8-468e-9bf2-6cadba679e8c.jpeg
    ea5dd49b-e7c8-468e-9bf2-6cadba679e8c.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 18
Back