Group 7-day waking average?

It was a 8.2 for me. Went car booting first thing got a few 7" Singles Elvis Costello and the Skids.
Takes me back a bit. I saw the Skids in 79 and it was a wonderful pogotastic mess.

Enjoy the rest of the day folks.

6.8 for me today... a little higher than I would have liked. I did accidentally have a very sugary carb heavy lunch (we had gone to Pride and both teens wanted crepes with Nutella, but one wanted banana and the other strawberries, and one wanted oreo crumbs and the other biscoff crumbs and I accidentally said the crumbs the wrong way round... so the first crepe was "not right" and I had to quickly revise the order for the second and pay for a third... didn't want to waste a crepe and £6.50 so had to have crepe with Nutella, strawberries and biscoff crumbs...). We all had sensory overload once everyone had eaten (it was very difficult to find something that was gluten free and dairy free for fiancé, didn't have the nice Indian place that there was last year) so came home early and tested over time which was about 2 hours after the crepe and after a bit of walking too and it was 9.7!!! Had a lower carb tea - approx 30g carbs that the type 1s would count in mini wraps, plus some salad and salsa and houmous so maybe around 40g carbs total (plus smoky bbq mince and guacamole but not much carbs there...) and pre-tea was 6.8 and 1 hour post-tea was 8.1 so that wasn't so bad.

Oh we had a brilliant day! Caught the supposed 12:30 bus to Porthleven (which was nearly half an hour late) and looked around for what we fancied for lunch. After perusing several menus we settled on crab sandwiches at the Harbourview cafe. They had generous amounts of crab in them, accompanied by nice salad, but horrific thick carby bread. I took the top bread off and ate them with a knife and fork. Still pushed me up more than I bolussed for.

We then retired to the Ship Inn and found a small table on a little nook half way up the cliff overlooking the harbour to have a glass of wine for me and a pint for Julian! It was so nice! Sat there for an hour or so before going down to the harbour and getting an ice cream - then discovering via our bus apps that the last bus home (16:26) was half an hour late! We got home eventually and sat in the garden till nearly 8pm then had a cold collation of cheese, ham, stuffed vine leaves etc. Hardly any days like this during this horrid summer so am very grateful for it, but BG in the teens isn't funny!

Well it was a little holiday!

Attachments

• IMG_20240728_144759151.jpg
    IMG_20240728_144759151.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20240728_144950921_AE.jpg
    IMG_20240728_144950921_AE.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 12
A very early good morning. 7.1 at 4.45am! Hot, sticky, back aching, RLS and starving, apart from that I’m absolutely spiffing! As we have got rid, errr I mean, as the grandchildren have now left the building, I can have a nana nap later.

Yesterday was a hot day for walking to, and around and back, a summer gala. 4.5 miles total walked. Queues for everything, rides, ice creams, face painting etc. I spent £48 in less than two hours! And in spite of having a ice cream as my BGs were down to 4.4, I still was heading down on the hot walk home, 4.2, the ice cream never touched it. Jelly baby stop required. I only wanted to have one but Mr Eggy panics and insisted I had two. So reluctantly I did. An hour later I was hitting 13! How, what, why! The worst thing was, I checked on my meter, I was 2 mmol higher! Anyhoo, on the whole we had a good day even if I forked out £16 for two helium filled unicorn balloon and one is currently residing in my neighbour’s poplar tree! Ooops! One upset 6 year old who’d been so careful when walking home that it didn’t catch on any prickly bushes. Goes out into our garden on our return, and a gust of wind just snapped the ribbon and up it went! I was upset too, I’d just paid eight quid for that! 😳

Today I’ll be mostly doing a big fat nowt! TBF I can’t afford to, it’s been a very expensive weekend. But everyone’s had a great time.

Have a Happy Monday y’all.

Sadie’s balloon in happier times. And now in a very, very tall poplar tree! No ladder is going to get that high!

Attachments

• _DSC1627.jpeg
    _DSC1627.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4302.jpeg
    IMG_4302.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 13

Watched the “Ungentlemanly warfare” film last night and it’s fun. It’s better than typical Guy Ritchie fare but mainly that’s because of Henry Cavill and Alan Ritchson who can make anything quite watchable!

Physio this morning. Won’t be too surprised if he discharges me but he might say come back in 6 months.

Good morning/moaning! A 6.8 here. Want to be asleep as early doors Podiatry but instead having tea and painkillers, and avoiding even thinking about Wordle-Quordle! Opps, just done that! Shall I try LIBRE :rofl:

Dark, partially cloudy and close!

Good morning II! Now 8.3. Not DP but, I suspect, the 2 x Rich Tea (RT) I had after the painkillers as I became rather acidy.

Off to Podiatry shortly.

Intermittent sun through broken cloud. Is this the cloudiest year on record?

good morning to all of you i have some beter news bot not the best today was a down fall 2.6 still far from good bot beter then the montains up i had the past week
hope you all have a good day looks for me like doing nothing just chiling

Good morning 4.2 on waking today

looking forward to hopefully soon receiving a delivery of my free trial freestyle libre sensor ordered last Thursday, then can speak to GP/ DSN see if I can be entitled to be prescribed that under the NHS

DMO eye clinic for me this afternoon (having missed an appointment a fortnight ago)

Happy Monday everyone 😎

Morning a 7.2 for me after going high just before bed and a 2u correction as I could not resist some Sourdough bread and ages since I had any.
Did little yesterday apart from a lovely lunch out and quiet day today WFH as have to have eye check so can’t drive.
Coming up to my 1 year Diabetes diagnosis so am in better place now than I was a year ago so far so good.

Morning folks. 10.5 here...sbort a sbri/ fun and games, as ever.

A few errands to run this morning then back home and down the beach for a paddle (or a swim?). It’s going to be a hot one!

Morning all.

A bright start again today here. It was really hot yesterday.

Starting the week with 5.4 and my youngest back from Denmark (studying) for a brief summer break.

Morning all - going to be pretty warm here today, and a 5.2 to kick off the Monday.

Back