Group 7-day waking average?

5.1 today - local Pride events today, and looks like a good day for it!

A 4.7 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

nGood morning. 3.3 at 6.15, magdalena and zumo and 6.9 by 8.30.
Hospital yesterday to see (???) an opthalmologist. After 2 years 6hey have decided that he cataracts in both eyest are large enoigh to be removed.t.
I hope you get quick treatment, other half had first one 10 days after seeing the optician and is having the second one done on Tuesday. Referred to Spa Medica who were brilliant.

I hope you get quick treatment, other half had first one 10 days after seeing the optician and is having the second one done on Tuesday. Referred to Spa Medica who were brilliant.
I second the remarks about Spa Medica. I had my assessment on Thursday, op on Monday for my 2nd one. However @miguel81 lives in Spain. So no doubt the system is different.

After a good night's sleep for a change, it was a happy 5.1 for me this fine sunny morning.

6.7 for me today. After the sudden downpour, it's a gorgeous day. We went for a walk along the prom and stopped of for a diet Coke in a craft bar we occasionally go to. We had to get back early for the gardener, he lopping a couple of feet off the top of our hedge today!

Good morning everyone

BG 5.4 no surprise there as I must have gobbled a whole chocolate cake or two at the church annual garden party! Then I spent the evening nibbling rubbish! Mind you I enjoyed it all.

Today I am bringing a song 'wot I writ' to the church. Oh, yesterday at the practice, anything and everything that could go wrong did. It was frustrating and there was some impatience and annoyance in the air which put me off a lot. But today is a new day and it will be good.

music-sing-singer-bad_singer-protest_singer-protest_song-CS551405_low.jpg

Later hopefully, a walk on the beach

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Last edited:
Good morning. 6.4.

Another busy day ahead. Yesterday we went to soft play and Wetherspoons for lunch. The sun shone even thought it had rained heavily before we left and the forecast was for thundery showers. I had to carry everyone’s raincoats all over the place. Zara left at 4pm, she was absolutely shattered. As we were! Just a picky tea about 7ish, which the girls loved, a film and bed for 9. Me included!

Thus afternoon we’re going to a summer gala, where we’ll meet up with daughter, Zara and Eden. It’s a nice half hour walk, in part through parkland and by the river. Forecast good, no change of rain, so the waterproofs will remain at home! Hope I’ve got enough pennies, yesterday was a very expensive day, at least we’ll have lunch before we go! Is it bedtime yet? 😉

Have a smashing , sunny Sunday.

Morning all. 7.0

Had a wobbly day yesterday MH wise. I’d known that I was stressing out and pushing myself too hard and it caught up with me yesterday so I spent the day basically sleeping. It’s what was needed and today I’m good to face the world again!

The one productive thing I did yesterday was to book my flu jab slot for September. Yup it’s almost that time of year again!

Morning all - mix of clouds and sun.

8.1 this morning. Finally in range, took me all day yesterday into last night to fight down the effects of that Thai meal from Thursday with umpteen corrections.

Actually sat in the garden for about an hour and a half yesterday early evening. Then after dinner watched the utterly amazing show Paris put on last night as the opening of the Olympics. Truly inspiring! Pity it rained so hard throughout!

This afternoon meeting friends in town as usual for a Saturday.

@MikeyBikey sorry to hear about your eyes. Hugs!

@DianeD what are you fundraising for?

Have a good weekend all.
For the charity I volunteer for Team Endeavour Racing. Rehab through sport for wounded in service veterans. We race powerboats. 5.8 for me today, thinking about a walk before gardening. Note to self... don't get sucked into Olympics.

Last edited:
Gooood morning! 5.4 here.

Not much planned for today. Our little seaside village was lovely and busy yesterday, with loads of people enjoying themselves on the beach. Nice to see sunshine and smiling faces!

Have a relaxing Sunday, folks.

5.8 this morning, which has dawned bright & sunny with not a cloud in sight. More of the same, please. As usual, only me up so far but our youngest will be joining me shortly as he has a full Sunday shift at Sainsbury's. I have an alarm set on my phone to go and wake him at 08:45 if he's not put in an appearance by then. He has a habit of sometimes sleeping through his alarm.

We still have our eldest's girlfriend with us as she recovers from the foot injury she sustained in Greece. She's a little more mobile now and is down to using just one crutch, but still has her special boot on. BUPA doctors think she's damaged her Achilles but not severed it, which was good news.

Wife's heading up to Bedford later and staying the night at her sister's, then working from there tomorrow so won't be back until the evening. She's baked us a load of ginger biscuits and, as she's a huge Peanuts fan, they're all characters from the comic strip. I know there are some Peanuts fans on the forum but full marks to anyone else who can name all the characters. In the meantime have a great Sunday.

20240727_153807.jpg

PS - biscuits aren't generally my thing these days, unless it's the one that comes with a coffee in some cafes and restaurants, but as they're home-baked I might treat myself once or twice.

Last edited:
Back