Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning! Woke at 7:15 with, unusually, sun shining through gap in curtains and free from any phantom or neuropathic pain. Only slight downside BG 9.3.

Ophthalmology straight after lunch. With Podiatry on Monday (last and next) it is three appointments in five days. It is the continuation of the appointment ten weeks ago where they did the visual acuity check and the retinal scan but there was no consultant available. Quite frustrating.

Yesterday's Physiotherapy went well but was too short. After delivering me over an early Patient Transport arrived to pick me up before the end of the session and it was leave within the next ten minutes or wait for another ambulance. After waiting about four hours after last week's session the physiotherapist (and myself) felt it best to go then. You could not make it up! :(

Sunny! And I cannot find my sunglasses!

Good morning.6.8

Looks as though there may be sunny intervals today. I am so sick of this ruddy rain and low cloud. Having to put CH on to sit down in comfort in late July seems wrong,

Nipping off to North Pembs later to look at a possible smallholding quite near the coast. Price would be OK but satellite images show what looks like a sand quarry fairly close. Needs a good look and a planning check.

Hope everyone has a very good day.

It here is a quarry there may be a risk of subsidence! :(

5.2 for me today. Eye screening today (not looking forward to blurry sight for hours, and I hate people messing with my eyes), but not till the afternoon.

Sort of snap! I am in Ophthalmology straight after lunch, a follow on from ten weeks ago when I had visual acuity check, drops and retinal scan but no consultant available to review. Told they would call me back in two to four weeks. Is ten the new four?

I need to do a pesky basal test too @PattiEvans but I just don’t have time to sit still for 11 hours..who does? That’s one advantage of the HCL, I guess - no more pesky basal testing!
Eh? I didn't think you were supposed to sit still. I thought you were supposed to carry on as normal.

Morning all - undecided weather, currently sun is shining, but there's plenty of black cloud around.

17.1 this morning - so we went shopping and whilst in Sainsbury's to get the stuff we couldn't get in Lidl it coincided with them marking stuff down. A whole Thai meal was being marked down from £8.99 to £2.49. I grabbed it. Not the sort of thing we would normally eat. If we wanted Thai food I'd normally cook from scratch. But I told myself it was good value! However, it was not until we were home that I looked at the carrier bag it was contained in ......OMG... half the meal worked out at 260g carb!!!!! So we put the prawn crackers in the cupboard and I had just a spoonful of the jasmin rice and about 1/3 of the red and the green curries and one spring roll. I hit 25+++ last night. Never again! Don't tell me HCL will cope with that!

Congratulations to @Sharron1 @Gwynn and @Amyfaith on your HSs.

Have a good day all and good luck with the property search @TinaD

Good morning Friday

Congrats on the HS’s @Sharron1 @Gwynn & @Amyfaith

yesterday we did some shopping for the garden yesterday, got some trellis to go on the fence at the foot of our garden, my wife had offered to take me out for a late lunch, but it was already mid afternoon and I was feeling physically and mentally exhausted, I suggested we go home and we will eat out another day, it's a good job I’m taking sometime off work when I feel like that.

Thursday evening I’m attending the healthy eating and fitness program
although yesterday yes went however didn’t stay for the football,
we've only got 2 weeks left of that program left now.

Today I look at fitting the trellis
that is if I can find the equipment and tools needed in the garage ,
my garage needs sort out, it’s a mountain of treasures and tools :rofl:
really I never organised it properly since we moved in
have been putting off doing that until the football season starts, then I intend to be sorting it whilst listening to the football on the radio.

Also today will take a look online
see if I can find a decent deal on a laptop
or maybe a chromebook might do the job I need it to do.

have a Fabulous Friday everyone 😎

5.7 again, same as yesterday, but unlike yesterday it's bright & sunny & warm this morning.

Was pleased to look out the kitchen window first thing and see no signs of any slugs. After rounding up 51 before breakfast yesterday I added a further 8 before lunch. They must have been the search party sent out to find the others. Yesterday evening's Slug Patrol accounted for a further 66, so that's 125 removed in one day. I had read about it being a good Spring for slugs but it's one thing to read about it, another to see it for yourself.

Our youngest handed in his notice at Sainsbury's yesterday and is now looking for another job. He's being supported by Optalis again - he was classed as SEN at school (though not statemented) and had a Support Worker assigned when he was at college. At least the threat of him missing out on our family holiday, which we booked in November, has gone. It was unthinkable that we would go without him or cancel it.

Trip out to the garden centre greengrocer shortly to stock up on fruit & veg. Will wait until after lunch to do the regular Friday Big Shop. In the meantime coffee and the newspaper.

Many congratulations on the HS’s @Sharron1 @Gwynn & @Amyfaith

Enjoy Poet's Day.

Morning everyone, a nice sunny day here at the moment and a happy 4.9 - and that will be four times this week that my morning BG has been below 5.

Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing and stay well.

Thanks for the warning - I don't think it is that close - I am more concerned about the haul route. Don't think large lorries clattering past on their way to collect 20 tons of sand would be very relaxing!

I worked near a quarry and it was a nightmare for about four years till it was closed as the operators broke planning regulations. Many drivers were bonused and behaved in a way reminiscent of "Hell Drivers"! One forced me off the side of the road (potholed edges from the lorries) and I needed to replace the front tyres, springs and struts (as you need to do these things in pairs. The nearside tyre had blown, the spring broke and the shock blew its seals!

A weird morning for me
Woke up rough as hell and feeling dizzy (at one point the room was spinning), so a change of plan, no going shopping today. I'll just rest up.
But hey, my watch tells me I had good quality sleep and have enough energy to tackle the day ... so all must be good :rofl:

Hi All,
In the low sevens recently with a 7.1 first thing. New Broadband installed by a really lovely young lady engineer from Openreach. Now on shiny fibre!
In other news, I had a call from the surgery yesterday wanting me to join a zoom group for type 2 folk looking at diet and exercise...!
They wanted tomorrow but I am on my usual stint as a volunteer on the Bluebell Railway. So it will be next Saturday!?
Surgery operating on Saturdays, whatever next!
I will let you know.
Blessings,

Snowwy

I worked near a quarry and it was a nightmare for about four years till it was closed as the operators broke planning regulations. Many drivers were bonused and behaved in a way reminiscent of "Hell Drivers"! One forced me off the side of the road (potholed edges from the lorries) and I needed to replace the front tyres, springs and struts (as you need to do these things in pairs. The nearside tyre had blown, the spring broke and the shock blew its seals!
Yes, I believe you. I have handled quite a few minerals cases and the locals always put on a good show when extension applications were proposed. This one is a sand quarry rather than hard rock or coal but I shall have to go in during a working day and observe. Its handy for the seaside, not too big, and with 8 acres - rather dear given its iffy location.

Meanwhile a lovely art & Crafts house has popped into my inbox, in my price range, very local to my current home, handy for my doctor. I've done a drive by and am going in tomorrow afternoon with my favourite roofer. It is far too big and the roof is enormous but -Wow - is it stylish. If the estimated repairs leave me enough money for my daughter's mortgage I feel that my delusions of grandeur will be encouraged. No point in buying if one cannot afford to do the necessary repairs...I wonder how much it would cost to cut down the massive Wellingtonia in front of it?

Good afternoon everyone. 6'8 this morning.

I have purchased an online copy of 'Think like a pancreas' (as advised by @PattiEvans) and I took my diabetes notebook out of the drawer to record what insulin doses I´m taking with which meals and see how they are working. It also showed me my last basal test was in April.

I paid for the book with an Amazon gift card that was originally worth 100 quid and still have a bit left. Thinking back I realise half of what I spent so far has been diabetes related: Frio pouches, batteries for meter, a Libre arm band (that I never use, oops)... Mostly things I wouldn´t find in a physical shop.

Back