Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning. 6.5. Grey sort of morning but no sign of the forecast heavy rain.

All prepped in bedroom for a quick roller over. It would be a doddle if I wasn't so stiff and achy but hopefully that will wear off a bit. Walking is very difficult. Everything outside looks good so just a final push and then Mr Henry can roll around accompanied by his chums wax and duster. I made a start on putting books away and clearing tools from the utility room to the workshop yesterday evening. New tiling looks splendid. Sadly my girl helper is busy all weekend so I am the sole worker on site.

Have concluded that the next house must have a garden which is 99% lawn. I love my flowers but somewhere I can just nip round on the ride on has to be the way to go. Nothing worth having on the market as yet. Nowhere near a busy road, no near neighbours, a decent view and no major structural faults doesn't seem a lot to ask. Agents energetically email me houses by A roads, on estates, looking at something vile or/and of non-standard construction. Are they born this way or is it inculcated during training?

Enough pondering - time to make a start.

Have a good day all.

5.5 for me, and after yesterday's blue sky, sunshine and 32 degrees we have a rather grey and cool morning so far. No sunshine in the forecast either, so it's not going to look much different through the day.

Enjoy the start to the weekend.

Morning all. 6.3 and a unicorn! After the previous day’s rollercoaster ride I’m well pleased.

Very hot yesterday, forecast was 26c, I reckon it was higher. We were out by 9.30 and walked the city walls. Then into the town centre ( after a brief respite in an air conditioned hotel room) where we had cake in Chester Cathedral Fratry. Bit of retail therapy, if you count a new watch strap, and a tattie peeler and kitchen tongs from Lakeland for me. Mr Eggy got a nice tee shirt from a smart men’s boutique. I’m more easily pleased than him. Later after another cooling respite, we walked to the River Dee, all of five minutes away, and sat and watched the world go by until time to get ready for dinner, in the Alice in Wonderland themed room. We were “wined and dined “ by the company who looks after Mr Eggy’s pension, all free. Well not really, they get paid handsomely! Late night, it was after 10 when we retired to our lovely air conditioned room! 😉 still didn’t sleep though.

Home today, forecast stormy showers.

Have a good day.

Attachments

• IMG_5731.jpeg
    IMG_5731.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 14
Morning all, 5.8 here.
Yesterday was scorchio here. So did I spend it getting the washing out, or in the garden? No I did not, I went car shopping with daughter and spent most of the afternoon on the road! At least she found one she likes (she wasn’t fussy, it just has to have an engine and four wheels and get her to the yard to see our pony, she walks to work.)
You can’t tease us like that! Which one did she like?!

6.6 this morning. And I hopped on the scales. Down just over a kilo but dropping body fat so BMI is easing down. Who’d have thought that doing loads more exercise would be useful in dropping weight and fat eh!

@TinaD isn’t a bit of stiffness necessary for a quote bit of bedroom roller overing?! 😉

Good morning! 9.7 with a new sensor (10.1 on finger) once it connected.

Goodness knows who is messing up but Libre is now a nightmare on my phone, access to Octordle erratic and I can no longer cast to the TV which has also lost various channels. Do the nerds actually test any updates?

Yesterday after being stifling hot the weather broke with torrential rain about 6:00pm. Bright but overcast now!

4.6 this morning for me.

Yesterday evening’s radio club meeting (well more of informal chats with everyone) was interesting. Everyone seemed friendly and welcoming though and the chairman even lent me a handheld radio to try out! Feeling a little overwhelmed with how to get started but I’m sure I’ll get into it after a while. Lots of listening first I think before plunging in!

Have a good day everyone!

Update: just got an email from sainsburys, the order is ok and will be delivered this afternoon minus just one item!

@TinaD will this do. Remote, large lawn ...

Lowther-castle-1200x675.png

You can’t tease us like that! Which one did she like?!
Oh, very boring, a dark grey Nissan Micra, not quite as old as the one she wrote off, but more importantly, at a highly rated family run dealership in a nearby town, (they’d taken it in p/ex on a new sale), not a 'Pile 'em high, flog 'em cheap' (although not so cheap) used car place where we’d have felt less comfortable.

@Robin sounds ideal. And there’s this weird thing that happens when someone’s car has been written off or stolen. Even if the intention was to sell it or change it in the near future, people tend to get almost the same thing again.
Weird but understandable.

May she have many happy and safe miles of motoring!

Morning all. I only woke 15mins ago!!! Yesterday i got home from work and had half an hour doze, then after tea i slept while watching tv, went to bed and slept through the night! I must have been more tired than i thought. Now i feel a bit muzzy headed.

Oh, i was 4.2.

6.6 this morning. And I hopped on the scales. Down just over a kilo but dropping body fat so BMI is easing down. Who’d have thought that doing loads more exercise would be useful in dropping weight and fat eh!

@TinaD isn’t a bit of stiffness necessary for a quote bit of bedroom roller overing?! 😉
Weight watchers leader told us often that muscle weighs more than fat!

Late logging on here with a 5.9 this morning. My main Pc crashed spectacularly yesterday (nothing to do with yesterday's CrowdStrike debacle) so I've still got a lot of work to get it fully restored the way I want it. 🙄
@Gwynn we've got a delivery from Sainsbos as well, they've confirmed that the delivery id Ok.

Dez

Another 5.0 here, today. Gonna be a warm, sunny one in these parts, but I’ve got my sun cream and a pile of novels and I am a happy girl.

Morning - and a grey and wet one it is too!

6.1 this morning, despite the Gnocchi last night, though I wasn't very hungry and didn't eat a lot.

Talking of cars yesterday we had a courtesy car as ours was having the electric pax window that has stopped working repaired whilst it is still under warranty. This ugly dour green thing with 7 seats had a push button hand brake. We parked it in a car park on a hill pointing downwards with it's nose to the back of a white Nissan Micra yesterday. When we came to back out, hubby put it into reverse and apparently the push button hand brake goes off as soon as you put it into gear. So we started rolling towards the white Nissan amid jungle drums playing to indicate we were getting too near an object. This happened several times with the jungle drums getting louder and more frantic (we were also getting rather frantic) before Julian finally got it to go backwards instead of forwards. Remind us never to buy a car with a push button handbrake! Thankfully we now have our own car back.

So, off into town on the bus later to meet friends... and the second half of the Gnocchi for dinner tonight.

@eggyg congrats on your restraint in only buying tongs and a veggie peeler. I always love a good walk around a Lakeland shop. The one in our county town has closed, so we only get to visit one if we go away for the weekend.

Have a good day all!

Morning all, I'm happy to report a 5.6 on this considerably cooler and more comfortable morning.

Have a good day folks and stay safe.

Morning everyone its a 5 for me today got my HbA1c result today 39 didn't expect that and its a year since I was diagnosed when it was 87, still taking the same dose of insulin, nt sure if I should start to reduce it and see what happens hope you all have a lovely day

Back