Group 7-day waking average?

Afternoon all - dull and raining. I don't believe the rumour that this is summer!

6.1 this morning..... and what a frustrating morning it has been. Yesterday was the first day of our new rubbish collection regime. They were to collect the rubbish bin and the food collection bin. We duly put them out for ourselves and our neighbour who is currently away. Rubbish was collected, but not food waste. Nor has anyone else in the road had their food bins collected. So I ring the Council. It seems we have to individually report this on their website.. "but" says I "It's the whole road you have missed out". The council person says that as people all report it individually they will realise that! What sort of service/logic is that? Anyway I had to cut him off because my mobile was ringing and it was the Dr... or at least the Dr's surgery telling me the Dr wants me to make an appointment regarding my back which is gradually bending and the out of hours Dr I saw on Sunday told me to contact my GP because it's a sign of osteoporosis. Of course my GP wouldn't know, because I actually haven't had a face to face appointment with her since lockdown. So I ask if it's a phone appointment or face to face... oh it's a phone appointment and the soonest available is some time near the end of August!!!!! In the end I get an appointment on Monday with a student Dr who is "nearly qualified". I think I may change surgeries even though I love my GP and have been with her over 20 years.

Interesting election results. Lib Dems got in here. I have to say that I know the chap from his previous stint in the house and I think he is very good for this area. What on earth was Rishi Sunak's wife wearing on TV. Looked like a collection of carrier bags.

@MeeTooTeeTo congratulations again on your HS.

@ColinUK I winced at your description of your thumb. Lots of hugs and wishes for it to be less painful soon.

@TinaD sincerely very sorry to hear about your daughter and sending wishes for successful treatment.
One advantage of a student doctor is they are allocated more time to see each patient and are often very thorough as they usually have to present their cases at the end of the placement.

Morning a 5.7 for me. Back to mother's loft today. Was wiped out with fatigue yesterday but got the minimum done so that was a win.
Found one of the pond filters has stopped working, that and the solar panels not working this is going to be a hideously expensive month. The weather mirrors my mood today.
Stay safe everyone.

Good morning everyone

BG 4.9

My goodness it is dark, totally overcast, wet, cold out there this morning. @PattiEvans you are right Summer was just a rumour.

Rather embarrasingly I was reminded yesterday, by my wife, that it is our 38th wedding anniversary tomorrow. I had completely forgotten. I blame it on being a male, or, old age, or stupidity, or, the weather, the government, the NHS, my hair needing cutting, the plants needing watering, stars out of alignment, etc etc ....

Today a wade/walk, doing the sound at church at their practice this evening, cauliflower cheese for tea (a bit boring).

images (37).jpeg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

8am, Oh, it has just started pouring down and it looks set to stay. Exercise won't be going ahead me thinks. Sigh. Where is Summer?

Last edited:
Morning all. 6.4 on this bright but cool( 8c) day.

Unlike London, we had a lovely bright and sunny day yesterday. Not particularly warm as we still are experiencing gusty winds, tail end of Beryl maybe? It seems calmer today. New garden table been delivered sometime between 8.11am and 12.11am! Not sure it’ll be warm enough to be using it for quite a while, looking at the long range forecast. It is terrible, our veg are just not growing, I’ve only had four courgettes so far, I’m usually complaining I’ve too many this time of the year! Beans, cabbages, carrots are tiny. We do have one ripe tomato in the greenhouse. It’s something at least. We’ll have to fight over it, it’s tiny! 😉

Have a good one.

A 5.6 this bright and sunny morning (I wonder for how long?) 🙂

Dez

5.6 for me and it's another grey, windy and wet Berkshire morning. Cold, too - our garden thermometer says it's 11 degrees outside. Our youngest is home safely from his lads' golfing break in Portugal but, wouldn't you know it, their flight was delayed 90 minutes so it was almost 10pm when he pulled up outside. He had to drive from Gatwick in the rain too, but at least there were no holdups on any of the motorways. He's not back at work until tomorrow so I expect he'll have a lie-in this morning.

Quiet day ahead, at least for me, but there's Wimbledon and the Euros to watch. My wife and a friend are having a day out in the Cotswolds but not sure what anyone else is doing as no one's up yet. As usual I've been up since just after 7 - I'm definitely a lark and can't stay in bed once I'm wide awake.

Have a good Saturday, your weather permitting.

Good morning. A welcome but unexpected 5.3.

Weather foul here - brisk wind and rain, complete cloud cover, looks like autumn. Painted 3/4 of stable block yesterday but unless this lot lets up I won't get it finished today. Also finished hypochlorating the house and weeded the "sitoutery" - handy spot where one can "sit among the leeks and peas"...

Hope everyone doing well.

Last edited:
Morning all. 6.3. Today i shall be cleaning through and catching up with all the jobs i don't get time to do in the week. My windows really need a good clean but as its raining this weekend they'll have to wait again.

Morning

5.8 from a very grey and wet Essex, only plans for today are big shop and taking mum for further investigations on her eye issue, although I think it was identified by her diabetes eye screening as a problem linked to cataracts and can happen in about 20% of people who have cataract surgery. Sadly they couldn’t get good enough images for her screening because of this so she has to go back to have it done via the slit lamp method. Again poor hubby all he is dealing with is mine and mums eyes. I had my follow up from my cataract surgery yesterday, all healing well except I have a cyst in the eye, which he will deal with on Wednesday while doing the other cataract.

Again, wondering where summer is, maybe it is waiting until I go to Norfolk later this month.

6.4 this morning for me. Now freshly showered in our new shower!

IMG_0043.jpeg

Got to set up the shower gel/shampoo/conditioner dispensers on the wall and get stuff back into the room. Plan is to decorate next week - just ceiling and half walls on one side, door and frame to do, so will be quick to get done. Trouble is my wife is now thinking of using the same floor tiles in the downstairs clock room and kitchen, but I admit they’ll look really good.

@TinaD - so sorry to hear of your daughter’s diagnosis, sending hugs.

@ColinUK - I thought chicken soup was meant to cure things, not cause problems! :rofl: Hope it’s ok today.

Have a good day everyone!

Morning all. 6.4 on this bright but cool( 8c) day.

Unlike London, we had a lovely bright and sunny day yesterday. Not particularly warm as we still are experiencing gusty winds, tail end of Beryl maybe? It seems calmer today. New garden table been delivered sometime between 8.11am and 12.11am! Not sure it’ll be warm enough to be using it for quite a while, looking at the long range forecast. It is terrible, our veg are just not growing, I’ve only had four courgettes so far, I’m usually complaining I’ve too many this time of the year! Beans, cabbages, carrots are tiny. We do have one ripe tomato in the greenhouse. It’s something at least. We’ll have to fight over it, it’s tiny! 😉

Have a good one.
I have had a couple of cucumbers and broad beans and some Swiss Chard but the rest is painfully slow. I was devastated to see the badgers had completely trashed my carrots, stripped 1 gooseberry and due to a certain person not putting the net back down on the blueberries had had some of those, the ripe ones of course. Grrr.

Morning a 4.4 for me but level and was the low point of a pretty steady night and first time alert went off so happy enough.
Much better time in range but can’t be sure of figures as my phone has refused to scan my sensor for last 4 days so will see if it scans the new sensor when fitted on Monday or may have to download App again.
Really happy to enjoy my w/ end and back to normal with Pizza last night and just need to up the walking a bit and hopefully does not get too wet.
Really need to step back and think about timing of finishing work but gradually picture is clearing and I know that something will pop into my bed which clarifies everything and then I can begin countdown.
Enjoy the w/ end guys.

Morning everyone, it was a 4.6 for me earlier this morning.

It has been raining here virtually non stop since 6.45 last night and still is, at least my empty water butts will be full again so that’s a bonus.

Have a good day people and stay safe.

Morning all - something's wrong, it's a nice day, sunny with scattered cloud though there is still a wind.

5.9 first thing. Since I've been taking these antibiotics for a suspected kidney infection my levels have settled down and also I am not up every hour in the night to visit the bathroom which I have been doing for ages.

@Leadinglights I don't mind being seen by the student Dr. I was really just moaning about the dire lack of available appointments. Our surgery used to be wonderful, real family Dr stuff, but since they have moved into the Health Centre with two other surgeries it has really gone downhill.

I had to laugh this morning. Apparently @Eternal422 has a special room for clocks and @Wendal is waiting for a stranger to visit his bed and tell him when to retire!

Ah well, not a lot on today except meeting our friends in town and "one I made earlier" Moussaka for dinner.

Take care all. Have a good day.

Ha ha Patti,
Perhaps Eternal owns a Clockroom.We have a place called Cuckoo Land close by which has lots of Cuckoo Clock Rooms ( my wife says I should feel at home there but no reference to Clocks).
As for my bed visitation then I will settle for one of Colin’s dreams to give me inspiration.
Mega sporting day today with not only footy tonight but the Rugby was intensive watching and GP tomorrow plus Tennis.
So wall to wall watching sport apart from visiting daughter as they have bought a new Bull and my wife is keen to see it and give it a head scratch.

Back