Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 6.8 this morning.
Now sitting here…

Good moaning! It has taken me a while to post today as the anti-virus an my laptop and phone blocked the Diabetes UK webpages in all browsers Looking at the logs it appears the "authentication certificate" had expired. I obviously overtreated an early hours hypo as the initial treatment did nothing for 30 minutes and I was struggling to stay awake!

Overcast!
Ooh this happened to me too earlier. Just said page was unavailable.
Pouring here :(

Afternoon

6.8 earlier, I also couldn’t get on to the forum earlier. Back at work today after 6 lovely days of doing just what I wanted, well I did have to do the weekly shop and housework, but most of the time doing what I wanted.

@Pam123 and @Gwynn - congratulations on your HS today.

Afternoon oh wise ones

Not been able to join in as my machine seems to be stuck? Have reset it a few times but when I switch it on, it’s just showing the same screen and won’t change?

Any ideas?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1553.jpeg
    IMG_1553.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 3
5.8 on a pretty awful Berkshire morning. Cold, wet & grey when I got up and the only improvement so far is that it's stopped raining. Went for my regular Tuesday swim and the pool was really busy. Half-term tends to sneak up on you when you don't have any school-aged children.

A few weeks ago, after reading about how much microplastic leaks into what we eat, my wife and I decided to get rid of as much plastic from our kitchen as we could. We replaced all our chopping boards with wooden ones and yesterday we ditched the last of our plastic bowls and now we're all glass or ceramic. Not sure what we're going to do about our Tupperware, though - the glass equivalents are much heavier, although my wife has bought herself a glass lunch box for work and her old plastic one has been made redundant.

Eating out tonight at one of our favourite country pubs, so looking forward to that. Special occasion but not saying what.

@Pam123 and @Gwynn - congratulations on your HSs this morning.

Hope your weather's better than ours. Hard so see how it couldn't be to be honest.

Evening all. I couldn't get on the forum earlier eother. I was 12 something when i got up, thanks to a cheese and bacon quiche that just kept giving, despite corrections. When i had breakfast i corrected and ended up dropping really quickly to hypo. Honestly i just couldn't get it right! At least by lunch it had setyled down
Today has been lovely. A friend came round and we did craft all day (her...felting, me.. quilling which i'd not tried before).

Really heavy showers all day. I wish the sun would come out and stay out.

Hope you've all had a good day. Congrats to @Gwynn and @Pam123 on your HS.

Hi all - Been out for the day and couldn't get on before I went out.

8.8 this morning. I must do something about these morning numbers, they are too high! Adjust basal I suppose.

The weather was grim all day yesterday, misty and drizzling. This morning was also drizzling with periods of heavy rain. It's been dry this afternoon.

I have been round at my friend Linda's house as she volunteered to take in a pair of white jeans for me. The thighs looked like pantaloons since somehow fate has kindly decided not to increase my weight, just redistribute it off my arms and legs and put it round my waist and tummy! I took lunch, smoked salmon, herby cream cheese, bread, strawberries and cream. We spent far too much time gossiping over lunch before getting down to the business of taking in the trousers. I was saying that I'd use a ruler to ensure the amount taken in was the same for both legs. "These are not curtains Patti" she admonished me "and the human body is not that precise". Well, she's a dressmaker, I was at one time a professional curtain maker. There's a difference. Anyway the alterations were a success and I can wear the trousers without embarrassment.

Congrats on the HS @Gwynn and yes, there will be ups and downs with your wife... so long as the general trend is upwards.

Congrats also to @Pam123 on your HS

@eggyg my father in law suffered dementia at the end and didn't know us. We think it was brought on by depression when he and his 2nd wife separated. We did think his passing was a blessing.

Not much of the day left.... off to cook pork fillet with apple sauce, garlicky jacket spuds, broccoli and sugar snaps.

Have a good evening all.

Last edited:
Oh and I forgot to mention, though probably worth it.... Yesterday as we got into Lidl I took my phone out to see what coupons I had on the App and my PDM for the Omnipod fell out onto the tile floor where it laid in 3 pieces. My heart stopped. Bl**dy thing is something like £250 to replace and we've had too much in the way of expenses recently. Fortunately Julian managed to reassemble it and it's working! He's a hero!

Hi All - just checking in to say I’m still here but been on a boat in Norway for last week. I’m being cooked for which is lovely (my husband and friend feeling guilty about being away from home for so long) but it’s playing havoc with my BG - that and only managing 500-1000 steps a day some days! Back to normality Thursday night when I will start improving my time in range which has gone from 88 to 67 in the last few days. Also very annoyingly my new sensor is not speaking to my phone without me scanning. I’ve tried restarting phone and Bluetooth but to no avail. Hope you’re all well. Here are some pics of Norway xxx

Attachments

• IMG_0891.jpeg
    IMG_0891.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0911.jpeg
    IMG_0911.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7620.jpeg
    IMG_7620.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7663.jpeg
    IMG_7663.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 14
Hi All - just checking in to say I’m still here but been on a boat in Norway for last week. I’m being cooked for which is lovely (my husband and friend feeling guilty about being away from home for so long) but it’s playing havoc with my BG - that and only managing 500-1000 steps a day some days! Back to normality Thursday night when I will start improving my time in range which has gone from 88 to 67 in the last few days. Also very annoyingly my new sensor is not speaking to my phone without me scanning. I’ve tried restarting phone and Bluetooth but to no avail. Hope you’re all well. Here are some pics of Norway xxx
Beautiful pictures 🙂

Morning all. 7.2

Physio/gym this morning and then probably trying to unravel more of the family tree.

Have a good day folks.

Morning and a 7.1 for me.
Yes lovely pictures of Norway and a boat trip down the fjords would be heaven for me but am afraid will have to go on my own as my wife and boats really do not mix.
A busy day visiting Ellesmere or “ Shropshire ‘s Lake District and then an evening meeting in Prestatyn but I get my energy from talking to people so should survive.
Have a good day all whether busy or quiet.

Morning all. A very tired 5.6.

Haven’t slept well at all, feel like I’ve seen every hour. Have a busy, but enjoyable, day ahead. I’m off to Ambleside with my three oldest friends. We’re celebrating a 70th birthday. Train 10.35am Carlisle to Oxenholme, then to Windermere, bus/taxi to Ambleside. We’ve booked into Fellini’s for lunch which is one of two vegetarian restaurants in Ambleside, my friend is vegetarian and she always has to come to carnivore restaurants with us so we thought we’d treat her. I’ve eaten at the sister restaurant to this one and it was superb. I would say fizzy wine will be involved and maybe cocktails, who knows? The forecast isn’t good so what else will there be to do? 😉
It’ll be odd going to the Lake District without my walking boots on! Although, I’ll be wearing my Sketchers as I’m sure shops will be perused in both Bowness and Ambleside as my friend is a shopper not a hiker. Should be fun even if my BGs ( and bank account) may suffer.

Have a wonderful, but probably wet, Wednesday.

Back