Group 7-day waking average?

6.6 this morning after a bad couple of days.

I had a suspected UTI on Friday that lead to urine retention and extreme pain overnight Friday. So yesterday after a call to 111, I was in A&E and thankfully very quickly triaged and treated. Bad news is that they are suspecting that the problem is an enlarged prostate. I’m hoping the infection is the cause of inflammation and the urine retention rather than anything else. So now I have a catheter, some drugs to reduce prostate size and waiting for an appointment within 2 weeks at urology. But at least pain free, now just trying to ignore the catheter! I need to resist Dr Google otherwise I’ll be worrying. Not a good start to retirement at home :(

Take care everyone.

Morning

6.2 today, so ok considering I had ice cream yesterday evening, out for a run/walk with my friend this morning and if it stays warm and dry will go for a walk later with hubby. Just booked a cottage for a holiday in Cornwall in September so feeling quite excited and positive about that.

@Eternal422 - sorry to hear of your pain and suspected UTI.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Morning all, 6.2 here, back home after a week in Yorkshire. Two loads of washing done and dried on the line yesterday afternoon, now got an overflowing ironing basket. Maybe I can just ignore it and pretend I’m still on holiday, seeing as it’s a bank holiday weekend.

4.4 for me today. 🙂

Dez

It's another lovely morning here and forecast to stay that way for most of the day, with just a low risk of a light shower later. Had a productive day in the garden yesterday - grass got cut, several shrubs cut back, some weeding and generally tidying up. More of the same today. Even got the garden furniture set up on the patio and enjoyed a coffee in the sunshine. Hope the forecast for thunderstorms for tomorrow on the BBC Weather website is wrong otherwise it'll put the damper on the town's annual May Fayre. Oddly, no mention of thunderstorms on the post-news weather forecasts last night, either on BBC or ITV.

My wife and I have most of the day to ourselves. Our youngest is on a full Sunday hours shift at Sainsbury's and our eldest's futsal team are playing their final league match of the season up in Derby. It's live on TNT Sports 2 so we'll be able to watch. They need a win to finish 4th and qualify for the futsal equivalent of the UEFA Champions League. Fingers crossed.

@Gwynn - good to hear that things sound a lot better for you this morning.

@Eternal422 - sorry to hear about your UTI. At least you're not halfway around Australia........

And it's one of these for me this morning:-

20240505_070428.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday.

Last edited:
Good morning. 6.4

Lovely blue sky.

Pain levels rather high - wish this blasted flare would settle down.

Visited friends yesterday afternoon and had a practice on her electric buggy. Very straightforward . Moriston Hospital cardiac is apparently not easy of access by car and I certainly can't walk far at the moment nor can I risk missing my DVLA demanded heart test. As long as I keep the speed low I should avoid mowing down the other patients...

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

@Eternal422 - sorry to hear about your UTI. At least you're not halfway around Australia........
Very true! That would have been a real disaster!

Morning all. 5.3. Sun is shining, blue sky, looks like it will be a lovely day. Yesterdays day out with my friend was fab, the theatre was excellent.

Today, we are going to see my brother in law in his home (he has dementia), taking a wander around a local town and park then back home to repot some plants.

Congrats on the HS @Martin.A

@Eternal422 i hope you get sorted out soon.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning from the Ramada, Newport Pagnall and a 7.2 for me which I am happy with considering beer and kebabs.

Wow last night was brilliant. Great venue, fantastic audience. Mikey from culture club popped in and bought drinks which was nice.

Next stop Leicester. Three good UK gigs in a row might be expecting too much.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all - can't make it's mind up sort of weather, but it's forecast to be sunny from 11 - 3pm.

5.9 this morning first thing, but TIR is very poor at 61%. I just don't know what's going wrong. Two huge spikes yesterday after lunch and dinner.

Booked a river cruise on the Rhine yesterday morning and wasted most of the day attempting to fill in the necessary forms (passport details etc) with little success until I realised that it was Firefox, my preferred browser, that was the problem. Switched over to Edge, but then had to get into googlemail and couldn't recall my password, so spent a lot of time doing the "forgot password" antics. Eventually got there to discover the travel agent had filled in the forms for me - even though the emails from the cruise company were showing them as outstanding. That and a "quick" trip to the supermarket for bread and a couple of items ( which ended in visits to two different supermarkets) took up from 11 am when the agent initially rang and we booked to gone 6pm. Much frustration and shouting at the computer took place meanwhile! Anyway, all sorted now!

Sorry to hear about the UTI @Eternal422 hope it gets better quickly and is not serious.

Congrats @Martin.A and @Pam123 on your HSs.

Lovely news about good gigs @khskel

Have a good day all...

Morning everyone

Another super sunny and warm day here today, just right for a happy 5.4 earlier this morning.

Have a good day folks.#.

It's another lovely morning here and forecast to stay that way for most of the day, with just a low risk of a light shower later. Had a productive day in the garden yesterday - grass got cut, several shrubs cut back, some weeding and generally tidying up. More of the same today. Even got the garden furniture set up on the patio and enjoyed a coffee in the sunshine. Hope the forecast for thunderstorms for tomorrow on the BBC Weather website is wrong otherwise it'll put the damper on the town's annual May Fayre. Oddly, no mention of thunderstorms on the post-news weather forecasts last night, either on BBC or ITV.

My wife and I have most of the day to ourselves. Our youngest is on a full Sunday hours shift at Sainsbury's and our eldest's futsal team are playing their final league match of the season up in Derby. It's live on TNT Sports 2 so we'll be able to watch. They need a win to finish 4th and qualify for the futsal equivalent of the EUFA Champions League. Fingers crossed.

@Gwynn - good to hear that things sound a lot better for you this morning.

And it's one of these for me this morning:-

View attachment 30161

Enjoy your Sunday.
Congratulations on your HS

I’m on a walk and up popped 4G! Yesterday and today’s waking readings were somewhere between 6-7.
Had two fab days weather, today a bit cooler. Just been walking from the cottage so far. Avoiding using the car this weekend as it’s the Bank Holiday and the road is busy with motor homes and motorcycles as it’s on the NC500 route. It’s only a single track road too so we’re constantly stepping off the road into the verge! It is beautiful though. Have deer in the garden, saw a red kite, my first, and my first wheatear of the year. Spring must be here at last!

I haven’t caught up with the messages yet. It may take a while! Dipping into 3G and 4G and then nothing is the norm!

Here’s some photos, the house is where we’re staying. It’s quite a good size.
Yesterday we walked to Drumbeg our nearest settlement, it’s a popular stopping off point with incredible views.

Attachments

• IMG_5051.jpeg
    IMG_5051.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5054.jpeg
    IMG_5054.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5053.jpeg
    IMG_5053.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 17
Back