Group 7-day waking average?

I was 5.4 this morning, not too bad. Took youngest to the zoo to see their new snow leopards, very cute though they were sleeping when we saw them.

Forgot to record my morning reading, but looking at the graph it was bobbing around the mid 5s, so not bad.

The torrential rain they forecast yesterday came last night with a promise of gales, so we set off at first light to drive the 3 hours into South Australia and get to our overnight stop at Mount Gambier. Tomorrow is a 5.5 hour drive to get to Cape Jervis ready for our ferry to Kangaroo Island. So, just driving today and no sightseeing. Although it was interesting to see the changing landscape of homesteads, although I wonder how the poor cattle and sheep manage as everywhere here was so brown and dry looking. Bit of a change from the previous landscapes of lush forests, eucalyptus trees, etc.

Anyway, here’s a watch out for kangaroo sign with a threatening sky :

IMG_3003.jpeg

Morning folks. 7.3. Haven’t slept very well again. Can’t breath but my nose is running constantly, what’s all that about?

Last night’s Easter/daughter’s 40th birthday celebrations went well. Apart from Mr Eggy dropping my large Pyrex jug full of carefully made beef stock, made with bones, port, garlic, herbs etc, all over the kitchen floor. It smashed into smithereens! What an absolute pain in the butt that was to clean up just an hour before guests were due! Ah Bisto!
The house looks like an absolute bomb site. Some dishes washed, some in dishwasher and some still lying around. 13 guests and three courses makes for lots and lots of crockery ( which is mostly hand wash only as it’s bone china) lots of cutlery, lots of pans and serving dishes etc. and of course lots of cooking! I’m not doing it again! Sure I said that at New Year. :confused: It hasn’t helped that I am so full of cold and I now have, what I suspect, is conjunctivitis. Never, ever had anything like that in all my almost 64 years. Woke up with a sticky eye yesterday and it got worse as the day went on, now it’s in both eyes. The worst thing is I couldn’t put any eye makeup on! I looked weird ( from the mouth of babes) and everyone thought I’d been crying all day. I hadn’t, but feel like it now when I see all these blooming dirty dishes! 😱 Ah well, it, hopefully, looks worse than it really is. Glass half full kinda gal me!:D

Have a fab day and let’s all give thanks for dishwashers!

After many attempts this was the best of a bad bunch of photos of all 14 of us. First time since Eden was born we were all together. Zara’s face on this one!

Attachments

• _DSC8624.jpeg
    _DSC8624.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 21
Morning all. 8.0
I seem to be running consistently a bit higher than I’d ideally like. Probably stress, lack of sleep, fight or flight etc that’s causing that. Of course it’s not exactly helped by my dietary choices moving from Generally Wise to Oh What The Heck. Throw in a decidedly half hearted revisiting of the Newcastle diet recently and it’s no huge surprise. Time to just ease the carbs a little lower day by day and get things back under control again methinks.

Spoke with the folks yesterday to clue them in on what happened with the police meeting last week, where my thinking had been, roughly expected timelines etc. I’d thought about telling them whilst it was all going on but wanted a bit of distance so I could process things before I looped them in I think.

They were concerned but will support me whatever I decide. To which end it’s worth saying that I’m continuing to support the investigation.
I’m comfortable knowing that I can press pause whenever I need to but I’m taking this one stage at a time, the next being the submission of the case file to the CPS and their decision.

Anyway enough police stuff… as it was a BH Monday I went to a garden centre! Bought tiny tiny plants (three different varieties of thyme that are now in a balcony box) and one minuscule Japanese acer that’s barely a seedling. I have a pot that’s basically a square chimney pot. It had a pine tree growing in it for a few years. That tree died but it’s so wedged in that unless I wanted to empty the whole pot out and replace compost etc I had to find something that I could overplant the tree roots with. So this tiny acer has gone in to that pot. If it takes then great, if it doesn’t then it was only £3.50!

Talking of threes, is anyone else watching 3 Body Problem on Netflix?

Morning a 6.2 for me and a reasonable break but still don’t feel full of R and R but no matter early supermarket shopping and back or 10am for someone to look at garage roof.
Anyway whether you feel tired or full of vim and vigour have a good week.

A 5.5 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Morning 6.4, where did a 4 day weekend go. Like @ColinUK my dietary choices have not been great, stress is getting to me again, so need to improve my eating get out running regularly so now the lighter nights are here, hopefully get some brighter warmer days, she says looking at the grey sky with rain splashes on the windows.

@eggyg - I didn’t know whether to give you a heart for all your beautiful family photo, or a care emoji for you not feeling well and your home made gravy being dropped, jug mashed and the mess it caused. I also like my Pyrex jugs.

@ColinUK - sending you hugs.

6.0 today. That'll be the chocolate Easter egg I succumbed to late last night then... I deliberately didn't get much Easter chocolate for me so only a snickers bar left so that will reduce the temptation tonight!

@eggyg same as @Grannylorraine ! How upsetting to lose the carefully prepared stock, and a pyrex jug too! I hate when pyrex breaks

7.2 before breakfast but would have been 5.2 at some point. Back to work after 10 days off today.

Morning all. 6.4 after an earlier JB. I feel like i could sleep longer, i'm really missing that hour.

I'm hopefully seeing an ex work colleague this afternoon which will be nice as i haven't seen them for a while. This week is quite busy as i'll be trying to catch up with friends before going back to work and helping mum.

@eggyg what a lovely photo of you all. Sorry about the pyrex jug though, the gravy sounded delicious.

Good morning - 5.5

Have a great day everyone.

5.6 for me.
No work for me today. Going to spend the day hunting vinyl and writing a short story about Symonds Yat.

Morning folks. 7.3. Haven’t slept very well again. Can’t breath but my nose is running constantly, what’s all that about?

Last night’s Easter/daughter’s 40th birthday celebrations went well. Apart from Mr Eggy dropping my large Pyrex jug full of carefully made beef stock, made with bones, port, garlic, herbs etc, all over the kitchen floor. It smashed into smithereens! What an absolute pain in the butt that was to clean up just an hour before guests were due! Ah Bisto!
The house looks like an absolute bomb site. Some dishes washed, some in dishwasher and some still lying around. 13 guests and three courses makes for lots and lots of crockery ( which is mostly hand wash only as it’s bone china) lots of cutlery, lots of pans and serving dishes etc. and of course lots of cooking! I’m not doing it again! Sure I said that at New Year. :confused: It hasn’t helped that I am so full of cold and I now have, what I suspect, is conjunctivitis. Never, ever had anything like that in all my almost 64 years. Woke up with a sticky eye yesterday and it got worse as the day went on, now it’s in both eyes. The worst thing is I couldn’t put any eye makeup on! I looked weird ( from the mouth of babes) and everyone thought I’d been crying all day. I hadn’t, but feel like it now when I see all these blooming dirty dishes! 😱 Ah well, it, hopefully, looks worse than it really is. Glass half full kinda gal me!:D

Have a fab day and let’s all give thanks for dishwashers!

After many attempts this was the best of a bad bunch of photos of all 14 of us. First time since Eden was born we were all together. Zara’s face on this one!
Great photo. Well done for all your labours.

Back