Group 7-day waking average?

I flew for first time yesterday, I didn’t even mention needles as the sign said sharps over 6cm couldn’t go through and my needles are 4mm. I said nothing, put my bag in the tray, insulin in clear plastic bag in tray, and went through fine. I had to turn libre off on plane but I think that’s because it was a tiny plane
@zippyjojo I have been in a few flights since diagnosis and I didn't have any issues either. Nobody paid attention to my insulin or needles and I didn't mention it (maybe on the first flight, as I was new and nervous!). I do have a letter from my DSN that I carry for reassurance but so far I never had to show anyone. So don't worry if you can't get one on time for this trip, although you can try for next one! I heard GPs usually charge you, I got it from the hospital team and was free. It can also be useful to take a copy of your prescriptions.

More importantly, enjoy your trip! xx

@zippyjojo I have been in a few flights since diagnosis and I didn't have any issues either. Nobody paid attention to my insulin or needles and I didn't mention it (maybe on the first flight, as I was new and nervous!). I do have a letter from my DSN that I carry for reassurance but so far I never had to show anyone. So don't worry if you can't get one on time for this trip, although you can try for next one! I heard GPs usually charge you, I got it from the hospital team and was free. It can also be useful to take a copy of your prescriptions.

If you are in more than either just Insulin or Metformin it is also advisable to take a repeat prescription with you. It's also worth checking that any other drug is legal where you are going to. One of my painkillers is Class A in the UK, and controlled or illegal elsewhere!

Successful and useful meeting with the SOIT, joined by the OIC about halfway through the two and a half hours.
I did what I needed to do which was mainly to share how the investigation is making me feel and express some rather major issues I’m having processing the emotional side of things.

I explained that I was at that point where I was asking myself if it is the right thing to carry on or if I’m better served to withdraw.
They explained that if at anytime I want to say Stop that’s fine. It doesn’t preclude pressing Go again in the future.
SOIT said someone very recently said they could not go ahead with things and that’s with a court date set. They understand the stresses a victim is under.

I gave an informal update to my impact statement. They said that they have started to take updates to impact statements at various key points in the process including when a charging decision is made, after the initial plea, when a court date is set etc. They said that it’s all useful for the court when determining sentence (assuming it gets that far). So I’ll do that formally in due course.

We talked about measures that the court can impose to keep me away from him and his family/support as well.

OIC updated me on how complete the case file is currently, what’s left to do and when they’d expect it to be with the CPS. I know also know roughly how long it’s likely to take them to make a decision whether to charge or not.

All in all it was, as I said, a useful meeting. I was heard and supported. I know that when I’m next overwhelmed by what’s going on with the case I can reach out to them and a meeting will be set up asap for handholding and pastoral care.

It’s tough and there will be more ups and downs to come I’m sure.

And thank you all for your continued support too.

Good morning everyone

BG 5.0

Lots of keyboard practice today. I didn't do as much as I wanted yesterday!

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Good morning - 5.5

Have a great day everyone.

6.8 this morning

Not sure what the day will bring today but I’ll meet it head on.

Good morning on this bright, but I suspect, cold Brighton day. Still running high at 7.5 despite a brisk 6 mile walk along the prom to the marina and better eating choices yesterday. Ah well, hopefully it’ll be better today.

After our walk yesterday we popped into Sainsbury’s, just a few meters away, and got some provisions, we have a little kitchenette in our room, although breakfast is provided. We don’t have a microwave at home so it was “fun” looking at ready meals, we ended up with some cooked chicken as nothing appealed, and a tub of prepared salad. We quite enjoyed it. We’re eating out today, late lunch/ early tea, as we’re at a concert at 7pm at the Brighton Dome, The Gipsy Kings, it’s only a 10 minute walk away so I’m getting glammed up, high ( ish) heels and the lot! Before that though we’re getting ready to get out sharp ish today as it’s currently sunny and dry and Mr Eggy wants a long exposure photo of the old burnt our pier. Don’t ask, I don’t! 😉

Have a wonderful Wednesday, we will, I hope!

Here’s today’s offerings. The scruffy green buildings were beach huts we saw on the way to the marina, one was actually open and an old guy was sitting wrapped in a blanket with his swimming apparel drying out! Brrr! On the way back we walked along the top of the cliffs, past all the grand houses, and we saw the back of the buildings. Much prettier!

Attachments

• IMG_3859.jpeg
    IMG_3859.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3860.jpeg
    IMG_3860.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3856.jpeg
    IMG_3856.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3866.jpeg
    IMG_3866.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 14
Morning and a 5.9 for me so very happy as went to bed with a 5.1 and a very flat line overnight and a Unicorn.
Have a general health appt at GPs and hoping to get my first blood results since my diagnosis last August.
Off to Heswall on the Wirral later which is always pleasant and then a very quiet rundown to Easter.
BW all

Morning everyone

Not a good night last night, but a happy 5.8 this morning which I’m pleased with.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

A Heinz Special for me this morning 5.7. 🙂

Dez

Morning

8.1 today, wake up every morning with determination to eat well, by the time I have finished work I am tired and stress and eat rubbish, I have said to hubby after Easter ice-creams must go in the freezer in the garage as I don’t venture in to the garage for mouse related reasons. We will have no chocolate or snacks in the house, yes you guessed it I have been eating the Easter Egg hunt goodies.

@eggyg - lovely photos, I have never been to Brighton either.

Thanks @Elenka_HM I did manage to drive up to Carlisle yesterday and pick up a letter from the Diabetes team so I've got that safely with my passport but great to know that you've had no issues. We're off to Norway so very excited.

I flew for first time yesterday, I didn’t even mention needles as the sign said sharps over 6cm couldn’t go through and my needles are 4mm. I said nothing, put my bag in the tray, insulin in clear plastic bag in tray, and went through fine. I had to turn libre off on plane but I think that’s because it was a tiny plane
Thanks @Lucyr - hope you have a lovely trip x

6.9 and in a bit of a rush to get ready for college - last one for 3 weeks and then only 3 sessions left :( I've signed up to do the Diploma in Horticulture in September though as I've definitely got the bug. Have a great day everyone. @eggyg does the little train still run along the sea front?

9.6 this morning (well not fasting but after granola and yoghurt, before the cooked part of breakfast).

The flight home on Friday only has manual baggage checks no scanners, so I think I’ll have to tell them about the needles then as they’ll see them anyway.

Back