Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all - bright and sunny today, though quite a few clouds. I expect it'll change. After yesterdays awful start it turned into a fine afternoon with blue skies and sun. The far end of Cornwall is never quite settled weather wise.

7.6 this morning with a straight line overnight.

Nothing much on today except preparing for tomorrow's little jaunt to Exeter. Cheesy pork loin chops for dinner, using up some of the cheese we over-bought a month or so ago. Leftover garlic mushrooms, sugar snap peas and green beans.

@eggyg how on earth did you get into such a sticky mess? Though I know jam making does tend to be sticky, particularly the bit where you dollop it onto a frozen plate to find setting point. Sorry to hear about the Magpie ruining the seedlings but glad to heat Mr E's eye is OK. Sorry to hear also about your drenching - WHAT a day!

@ColinUK hope they find out what caused your mum's problem and one or the other of your parents can drive soon.

Have a good day all....
I turned my head for a moment and it boiled over! It was like toffee stuck on my hob! Then I was a bit haphazard putting it in the jars and the jars got sticky too! I’m a liability!

The cooker gave up the ghost this morning, the top plate that holds the element in the top oven fell down. We managed to repair it last time it happened 3 years ago and it is about 10years old so I suppose it doesn't owe us much.
The choice is overwhelming, prices from relatively cheap to stag
There are plenty on line but I quite like to see what I'm getting so need to go to look at what there is.
I was reading only last night in the latest edition of Balance (p.60 "The Cost of Cooking). Does this cooker failure give you the opportunity to review whether you still need a standard cooker or a mix of other cooking appliances including one of the economical air friers?

Just a thought. We are temporarily a family of 5 with a pair of 10 yr old electric ovens (in the wrong place for us) and waiting for our daughter, son-in-law and grandson to move out in a few months time. Our kitchen and cooking review is offering us the opportunity to be pretty radical with a focus on utility costs; plus if a standard oven goes wrong that can be expensive in relation to replacing single standalone cooking appliances.

The cooker gave up the ghost this morning, the top plate that holds the element in the top oven fell down. We managed to repair it last time it happened 3 years ago and it is about 10years old so I suppose it doesn't owe us much.
There are plenty on line but I quite like to see what I'm getting so need to go to look at what there is.
One tip, if you are looking in Currys then models are exclusive to Currys, so you can't compare prices with anywhere else.

You could manage with an air fryer (and a microwave), but do pick the right one. We use ours a lot, but no way could I cook a Sunday roast in it, as though it's fairly large capacity, it only has one drawer and so I'd be cooking stuff consecutively and would have to have somewhere to keep things warm after I'd cooked them. Some of the bigger ones have two drawers, or even shelves and a rotissierie. Of course you can get multi function microwaves, but we've had them in self-catering accommodation and I have never felt they live up to their promises.

Good moaning! After a bad night with a short sharp bout of phantom pain around 1:00 and then bizarre dreams centred around being unable to drive my car as it needed a brake pipe all the 1's 11.1 (10.8 metered). Think it is to do with my PTSD and feeling trapped!

Overcast with medium/light grey cloud.
Ive
bought a new cooker zanussi dual fuel electric grill. £800 disaster. If electric is off gas goes off and I sold a good electric cooker for coppers as gas is cheaper than electric. Yes see what you are buying first. Buyer beware

I turned my head for a moment and it boiled over! It was like toffee stuck on my hob! Then I was a bit haphazard putting it in the jars and the jars got sticky too! I’m a liability!
Arghhh boiling over is a nightmare... As to filling jars, I have two different sizes of these jam making funnels and to be safe I make Julian fill the jars! LOL! Well, he has steadier hands than me.

Morning all - bright and sunny today, though quite a few clouds. I expect it'll change. After yesterdays awful start it turned into a fine afternoon with blue skies and sun. The far end of Cornwall is never quite settled weather wise.

7.6 this morning with a straight line overnight.

Nothing much on today except preparing for tomorrow's little jaunt to Exeter. Cheesy pork loin chops for dinner, using up some of the cheese we over-bought a month or so ago. Leftover garlic mushrooms, sugar snap peas and green beans.

@eggyg how on earth did you get into such a sticky mess? Though I know jam making does tend to be sticky, particularly the bit where you dollop it onto a frozen plate to find setting point. Sorry to hear about the Magpie ruining the seedlings but glad to heat Mr E's eye is OK. Sorry to hear also about your drenching - WHAT a day!

@ColinUK hope they find out what caused your mum's problem and one or the other of your parents can drive soon.

Have a good day all....
Dinner sounds lovely. Enjoy

Arghhh boiling over is a nightmare... As to filling jars, I have two different sizes of these jam making funnels and to be safe I make Julian fill the jars! LOL! Well, he has steadier hands than me.
They look ideal. But not sure I’m going to make jam again! 🙄

I’ve gone from gas to induction and wouldn’t look back. Sure if there’s a power cut then the hob and oven are useless but one benefit of being in central London is that any power outage will be sorted pronto.
And there’s always restaurants and cafes nearby if needed.

One tip, if you are looking in Currys then models are exclusive to Currys, so you can't compare prices with anywhere else.

You could manage with an air fryer (and a microwave), but do pick the right one. We use ours a lot, but no way could I cook a Sunday roast in it, as though it's fairly large capacity, it only has one drawer and so I'd be cooking stuff consecutively and would have to have somewhere to keep things warm after I'd cooked them. Some of the bigger ones have two drawers, or even shelves and a rotissierie. Of course you can get multi function microwaves, but we've had them in self-catering accommodation and I have never felt they live up to their promises.
Always check Which?
They’ll list the versions for sale in specific shops and will highlight any difference beyond a model number.

Update on Mr Eggy’s eye. Got up about 8, eye worse than ever! Just got back from opticians. Ripped the top off his cornea, so behind it is full of fluid and all swollen hence why he’s struggling to see, oh and an ulcer to boot! Appointment at emergency eye clinic 8.30 am tomorrow. I dread to think what they’ll do. He’s not going to Camera Club tonight, I did offer to drive him, as he just can’t see properly and it’s painful straining to see anything so it must be bad, he never misses Camera Club. He’s currently prone with a cold wet flannel over his eye. He looks like an old man version of Gabrielle! Bless him.

Update on Mr Eggy’s eye. Got up about 8, eye worse than ever! Just got back from opticians. Ripped the top off his cornea, so behind it is full of fluid and all swollen hence why he’s struggling to see, oh and an ulcer to boot! Appointment at emergency eye clinic 8.30 am tomorrow. I dread to think what they’ll do. He’s not going to Camera Club tonight, I did offer to drive him, as he just can’t see properly and it’s painful straining to see anything so it must be bad, he never misses Camera Club. He’s currently prone with a cold wet flannel over his eye. He looks like an old man version of Gabrielle! Bless him.
I do hope his cornea isn’t damaged! The optician thought I had a corneal ulcer and I was distraught. It turned out at the eye hospital it wasn’t that. I have to use hylo-forte day and night drops to stop eyelids pulling bits off of my eyes. It’s a small price to pay. I wish him well and fingers crossed it’s not so serious

I’ve gone from gas to induction and wouldn’t look back. Sure if there’s a power cut then the hob and oven are useless but one benefit of being in central London is that any power outage will be sorted pronto.
And there’s always restaurants and cafes nearby if needed.
Restaurants and cafes nearby will have a power cut as well

Thanks, we have done the rounds of a few places locally including Curry's they charge quite a bit for installation and delivery. We have found a Bosch one just down the road at a little electrical shop at the same price as Curry's but less for installation and free delivery.
I do have a small air fryer which I use but I also do quite a bit in the oven and under the grill and Other half makes bread, usually 5/6 loaves at a time so I don't think I would like to not have the oven, and anyway it would leave a gaping hole in the kitchen unit.
Nearly there with our decision.

Hope Mr Eggy gets sorted out and know how worrying it can be.
I had a detached retina ( macula off) which required fixing and I remember the Drs coming around assigning who was going to do which op.
I was assigned the Prof as it was the most difficult surgery which was both good and bad but he did a great job and that was related to an accident so can easily happen.
Hope he is able to do the DIY soon and I found the TLC and plenty of rest and home made goodies helped my recovery no end and sure he would do like wise.

Morning yawning. 5.4.

Early doors as early hospital appointment for Mr Eggy. He hasn’t slept well, he’s tossed and turned all night. I woke at 5 and after a loo trip just decided to stay up, TBF we came to bed just after 9 last night. He can’t see to watch the TV and I was shattered. I made the mistake of consulting Dr Google last night re corneal abrasion, ulcer and oedema. Worst case scenario he could lose his sight in that eye, best case ( fingers crossed), some topical treatment usually an antibiotic ointment. How do you put ointment on your eye? Let’s hope for that outcome, whatever the treatment he’ll probably end up looking like a pirate!

Have a good day, I’ll update you as soon as I can.

6.8 and off to the physio….

@eggyg I hope Mr Eggy’s eye is sorted pronto

Back