Group 7-day waking average?

Afternoon all and a lovely afternoon it is too!

On the 5.7 step with @freesia this morning.

Had an early appointment with Physio for my knee this morning. He said that if the exercises haven't helped then I had the choice of a stick or a knee brace. He produced a stick that looked to me like it was made out of an old scaffolding pole. Personally I think it would be a nuisance to carry round, having had a practice with my late Mum's stick. Plus if I was going to use a stick I'd pick something far more elegant! So he fitted me with a knee brace. In my jeans it made me look like I had one fat and one thin leg. Plus it hurt when I sat down and frankly didn't do a lot to help my knee. Style over substance, that's me! Reminds me of when I was first diagnosed with D and I was told I had to wear Police lady lace up shoes in future! Not in a million years!

By the time we'd done a shop in Lidl and got home it was lunchtime and after lunch I sat on the sofa and fell asleep until 3pm! Never do that! So now better get on and go and make Lasagne with left-over roast chicken and mushrooms... hmmm... possibly with blue cheese sauce...for tonight and Parsnip and Apple soup for lunch tomorrow.

Congrats @Barrowman on the HS.

FWIW @rebrascora I do think it's a heck of a lot easier for T2s to hit 5.2 than it is for T1s, but I think it's all the more precious when we do.

Hugs to @everydayupsanddowns and @rebrascora as you both sound like you're coming down with something.

Have a good rest of the day people!

Who was talking about blueberries the other day?

@ColinUK Thanks. I did wonder if anyone could send me some test strips. But I do get them on prescription and I'm expecting delivery soon. I use a Tee2+ if anyone has any spare .
That’s me out of the running then. It’s not the meter I use. Also shouldn’t the GP prescribe you enough strips to test as much as you want to in a day?

Afternoon all and a lovely afternoon it is too!

On the 5.7 step with @freesia this morning.

Had an early appointment with Physio for my knee this morning. He said that if the exercises haven't helped then I had the choice of a stick or a knee brace. He produced a stick that looked to me like it was made out of an old scaffolding pole. Personally I think it would be a nuisance to carry round, having had a practice with my late Mum's stick. Plus if I was going to use a stick I'd pick something far more elegant! So he fitted me with a knee brace. In my jeans it made me look like I had one fat and one thin leg. Plus it hurt when I sat down and frankly didn't do a lot to help my knee. Style over substance, that's me! Reminds me of when I was first diagnosed with D and I was told I had to wear Police lady lace up shoes in future! Not in a million years!

By the time we'd done a shop in Lidl and got home it was lunchtime and after lunch I sat on the sofa and fell asleep until 3pm! Never do that! So now better get on and go and make Lasagne with left-over roast chicken and mushrooms... hmmm... possibly with blue cheese sauce...for tonight and Parsnip and Apple soup for lunch tomorrow.

Congrats @Barrowman on the HS.

FWIW @rebrascora I do think it's a heck of a lot easier for T2s to hit 5.2 than it is for T1s, but I think it's all the more precious when we do.

Hugs to @everydayupsanddowns and @rebrascora as you both sound like you're coming down with something.

Have a good rest of the day people!
I have bought several different knee braces when I was recovering from my knee injury and surgery.
One you pulled on and it had supports on each side which did give good support, I bought from Amazon but that seems to be unavailable but the other one I have used a lot was one which wraps around and is tightened with cross over Velcro, I tended to wear on top of my trousers. That was also Amazon but was a Physix Gear Sport.
The important thing with a stick is for it to be the correct length and something which surprised me was you use it in the hand on the other side to the bad knee.

Ahhh, @Leadinglights that's interesting about using it in the hand on the other side to the bad knee! I took my late Mum's stick out one day and spent quite a bit of time either tripping over it, dropping it, or leaving it in a cafe/shop. Mind you, it is ebony and weighs a ton. I know you can get lovely ones now. I need to find out from the GP if I have been put on the knee replacement list.

Ahhh, @Leadinglights that's interesting about using it in the hand on the other side to the bad knee! I took my late Mum's stick out one day and spent quite a bit of time either tripping over it, dropping it, or leaving it in a cafe/shop. Mind you, it is ebony and weighs a ton. I know you can get lovely ones now. I need to find out from the GP if I have been put on the knee replacement list.
I personally found knee supports did not help my knee much, and even had the added problem of a heat rash underneath of my joint.

Good morning everyone.

A few days of feeling very demotivated, but refreshed somewhat now.

A good start BG 4.9

Today nothing planned. A bit worrying as I get bored easily. I have some squirrel food that may be delivered today. I'll see if I can sort out a couple of pics of our squirrels. Changed the background of the first.

P1140686 Close up 10 Smaller.jpg

Ok, for a bit of fun I copied the previous one into this image...

P1140693 Two Squirrels Cropped 4.jpg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Good morning - 4.4

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning all and TGIF! 6.4.

It’s been a busy old week and looking forward to a weekend off. I’m thinking of going back to work for a rest!

Yesterday’s osteopath session went well, I’ve been given exercises to stretch my psoas muscle. Never heard of it until yesterday but it’s a significant muscle that overlies the vertebral column. The work she did on it was a tad uncomfortable but it did feel looser. Apparently it’s a bit tight, hence why I’m still getting back pain. Got another appointment in three weeks, it’s costing me a fortune so hope it’s the last for a while. So I’d best be a good girl and do my homework. I’ll start later, after breakfast and before my shower. Promise. 😉

Zara day today, another day of Pooh sticks or parks, pretend tea parties, “craft” and Disney films with big eyed princesses and a thousand questions! Is it bedtime yet?

Have a fab Friday.

Morning all. A unicorn day yesterday and a 5.2 this morning. Surprising after an extremely stressful day yesterday.

Good morning. 5.9

Cold night - think if cold snap continues I might raise my nightime CH temperature to 16 degrees. Once the bedspread slides off the duvet 14 degrees is too chilly. How differently one sleeps as an old person compared to a child - then I could sleep whilst Jack Frost traced his pictures on the inside of my bedroon window - now a couple of degrees disturbs me.

@rebrascora Why do you think the T2 migt benefit from a lower HS?

Have a good Friday everyone.

Back