Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all and Happy New Year!

I woke to the libre saying 2.7, finger prick 5.3. I was lying on that side so maybe a compression low.

Today we are off to the cinema to see One Life. Its sunny here atm and would be lovely to go for a walk but rain is forecast again soon, hence the cinema.

Have a lovely day whatever you are planning and i hope that 2024 brings us all everything we wish for (mine is a winning lottery ticket. Not for millions, just enough to be comfortable. I'm not greedy 😉).

Good New Year's morning to everyone.
The sun shines with a gentle breeze just right for a bike ride.
Oh, and it's a 5.6 for me today.

Have a good day all and stay well.

Good morning 6.6 today
congrats on the HS @khskel

happy new year everyone 😎

For my first waking BG of 2024, a 6.3. Things seem to be settling down a bit, so hopefully better times are ahead.

We didn’t even see the New Year in, neither of us are fans really of NYE and would rather have marked the event today by going out to the coast somewhere. But an emergency visit to my parents to fix a stuck hot water tap (luckily easily sorted) made us change our plans. First good deed of the year.

Just a couple of months left at work before we both retire, so this year will definitely be very different for us.

@Elenka_HM - glad you enjoyed Derry Girls - great show even though there were the odd few expressions that I had to get my wife to translate for me - such as “catch yourself on”! Love your grape eating tradition on the NYE bells!

@khskel - well done on your HS!

Take care everyone and Happy New Year!

@Elenka_HM I love the sound of your Spanish New Year traditions, better than the British one of necking as much alcohol as you can and fall over, or have a fight!
I was telling my Eastern European bestie at work about the grapes and he chuckled and said "in my country the New year's Eve tradition is to get really smashed!". A British colleague answered "your tradition sounds pretty much the same as ours, then!".

Tbh in Spain, after the grapes and bells with the family, it is also quite popular to go out and party hard. Most of my friends there are not party animals and many years I celebrated in a different town, so I either stayed home or went to the local bar with my aunties, uncles and cousins. Not the same as a group of mates but we still had drinks, dance and a good laugh!

Morning all - Happy New Year to everyone on this filthy day!

9.3 this morning. I think I am going to have to adjust my basal rather than waiting for it to settle after the steroids.

Well, ravers we are not. Fell asleep in front of the "critics masterchef" last night and had to watch it all over again, but eventually saw in the new year.

Expecting guests any minute for late lunch or whatever - buffet, but am all ready 😛

Congrats to @khskel on the HS.

Good luck to the rest of you!

7.4 here for me this morning which I’m pleased with as no insulin on board for two days now and my glucose alarm even went off after our morning walk. Most of the group here did a morning dip in the loch this morning - I decided they needed some spectators to make it worth their while

Attachments

• IMG_7923.jpeg
    IMG_7923.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7919.jpeg
    IMG_7919.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7932.jpeg
    IMG_7932.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 10
Happy new Year to all.
Well I take the prize for the highest reading to start the New Year! A whopping 15.9 for me!
I wouldn't care but I was 4.2 and dropping at bedtime when the low alarm went off so I had 1 JB and 3 tiny little spiced almond biscuits... that were naff and not a treat to eat at all. 😡 However, I decided not to take any Levemir because the last 3 nights I have hypoed through the night on 2.5 units and yesterday afternoon, I hauled feeds and haylage up the hill to the horses on my back for the first time since Covid, so I was sure that would drop me through the night if I injected evening Levemir and with levels dropping low at bedtime that seemed like the right plan.... clearly not 🙄!! Anyway, when I saw the 15.9 at 8am, I jabbed 13 units of Fiasp and my usual 22 of Levemir and went back to sleep and almost 2 hours later 😱 I woke up to a nice 5.9 and downward sloping arrow. Just enough time to get a coffee and a small bite to eat to levels things out.

Been out for a lovely drive in the afternoon sun with the lads today and did about 10 miles. It was very nippy so they didn't sweat but the condensation from their breath was like we were driving a steam train! We were well wrapped up so didn't feel the cold and the lads got some much needed exercise. We had the unexpected pleasure of a guest who was up from Devon staying at the farmhouse (visiting family) where Ian keeps his horses. We hadn't met her before but she was an interesting lady and we had a good natter whilst we drove out and she seemed to really enjoy the experience.

Just about to head out and feed my beasties their warm mash supper and then ring my brother in Tenerife and wish him and his wife a Happy New Year.

Congrats to @khskel on your House Special today. Great start to the year!

Good morning 5.5 today

Back to work today, following what seems like a long Christmas break
but I’m sure by tomorrow I will be wishing I was still on holiday

I did weigh myself this morning
weight is now 101KG 🙄

Have a great day everybody 😎

Morning

5.9 this morning after yesterdays buffet where of course I ate things I said I wasn’t going to. Weigh day today and expecting another gain, but fully back on plan from today, to get rid of this excess and the couple of pound I had to target,

Back to work today, holidays went by so quick, although itwas quiet and relaxing, but still over 2 quick. Oh well onto planning what to do for the Easter egg hunt, that will be here before we know it as I have seen the first signs of Easter eggs appearing in the shops.

Back