Group 7-day waking average?

7.4 this morning, last reading on the sensor, new one started once I crawled out of bed. We’ve not done much today other than putting the decorations away which nearly killed us, struggling with boxes into the loft, etc. but all done now.

Congratulations @Barrowman on your HS today.

@goodybags - we’ve got those tickets too! :rofl:

Here’s hoping that 2024 brings good health to all.

Congrats @Barrowman nice end to the year. 🙂

Good evening everyone! Started lower today with a BG of 4'8. My period came back (just on time for holidays! lol), is very irregular these days, and it seems my BG are a bit lower when I do have it.

Not much left of this year. We have a variety of traditions in Spain for this special night: wearing gold (does "gold plated" stuff count??), red underwear 😉 ... And the most significant is eating 12 grapes at midnight, at the time when Spanish TV shows bells ringing 12 times. I'm still doing all that, I am at work and not sure if we will finish before or after midnight, but I did bring my pack of grapes to be ready...

Have a lovely night, you lovely folks, and I wish you all a good 2024! xx

Lovely snowy walk up on the mountain above Applecross this morning. My low glucose alarm went off so I had 2 JBs and ½ a banana - that’s not going to happen for a couple of days with no insulin. Told the chef that I won’t be partaking in the sticky toffee pudding tonight so he’s going to do me a bowl of berries with Greek yogurt. Resisted a mountain of chocolate brownies at tea time!

Happy New Year 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_7877.jpeg
    IMG_7877.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 9
Happy New Year. Hope everyone had a nice evening whatever they did.

I haven’t slept therefore can’t post a waking number yet….. but I’ll log a 6.1 before bed.

Good morning and Happy New Year again! Starting today with a 4'7.

I snuck out of work for 5 minutes at 11 pm UK time, when it was midnight in Spain, to video call my family and wish them a happy new year. A minute before midnight in UK time I put the YouTube video of the Spanish New Year's Eve bells. The tradition is to eat one grape each time a bell sounds, 12 in total. If you get it on time you're supposed to have good luck for the new year. If not it is still fun to try! I'm usually not the best at this but I managed this time 😎 I think it was helped by me picking the smallest grapes from the bunch and by not having family members around making me laugh while I try to eat!

Totally unrelated, this morning I watched the last 15 minutes I had left from Derry Girls. Teared up a little bit. It is a sweet show, mostly light and funny, but the last episode got emotional.

Happy New Year, not a good start to the year with a curry and rice induced 7.6.

We saw the New Year in, I kept nodding off, watched a bit of Jools and a bit of Rick, saw the countdown in London and watched the fireworks and I took myself off to my bed. Busy day today. 15 of us will squash into our dining room, luckily I’ve got 14 chairs, Zara can sit on the floor! I got ahead of the game yesterday and did all the hard stuff. Just put the bread maker on to make some dough for rolls for the sticky pulled pork, it does all the hard work, I just have to make them look edible ( and like rolls) and bake them. It’s easier said than done, rustic comes to mind. A couple of salads to prepare, it’s really difficult trying to make stuff for my youngest pregnant daughter, I’m afraid it’ll just be cold cuts and salads for her. I’m going to make crab pâté to start she can have that on crackers plus prawns, lots of cheese too but I don’t think she’ll be having a taste of my festive pie, basically a Christmas dinner encased in golden crispy short crust pastry. Turkey, ham, pigs in blankets, sage and onion stuffing, leek and sausage meat forcemeat, sprouts and redcurrant jelly! I had some pastry left, some sausage meat and one slice of black pudding from breakfast so made sausage and black pudding rolls. Don’t worry Eggy’s catering company is closing for business after 6pm tonight for a VERY long break! Maybe to Easter! They can feed themselves, for a change!

Have a fabulous day whatever your plans are.

@Elenka_HM I love the sound of your Spanish New Year traditions, better than the British one of necking as much alcohol as you can and fall over, or have a fight! Or, in fact, usually both! I toasted the bells in with a glass of council pop! ( Tap water.) :rofl:
@zippyjojo what a great picture, I’m jealous. Good on you resisting the sugary treats. You’ve more will power than me!

Photo of aforementioned naughty treats. Apologies to non insulin users, look away now if you want. But they look so beautiful and Mr Fox looks so proud keeping my pastry lid up!

Attachments

• IMG_4575.jpeg
    IMG_4575.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 16
A 5.0 for me this morning. Wishing all on here a Happy and Prosperous New Year. Enjoy the extra day in February.

Dez

Good morning everyone and happy new year to you all.

BG 5.7

Today my friend will come to tea. It will be a good time.

Sadly I still have had no contact from my daughter.

2024 hmmm great start...energy bills are going up forced on us by a caring government...so kind...so thoughtful...so helpful.

Oh, and I discovered one of our young squirrels dead by the side of the road yesterday. Very Deep Sigh.

I think I am feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning...

photo-1655993825558-1aa41f508870.jpeg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning annoying 10.8 expect I would have probably woke up I'm range if I haven' eating glugose tablets and 3.30 peherps I should have actually ignored the alerm and see if it's went off again before I did anything(it was 4.6) but i was in a hotel and i was sharing a room. yesterday was really rough day. I went. out for meel and only thing that wouldn't required a split dose on the menu was bangers and mash potatoes which was nice but of course mash potatoes with no pre bolus shot right back up after family getting back. I thought I better check for ketones when we got back to hotel(and almost actully did that while we out just because how awful I was feeling but didn't). I think we actually having pies for dinner tonight which if it was up to me I would probably hold off because how my bloods suger been behaving(I would want to get settled again before I went for difficult food) but I'm not at my own house and I'm not in the change of the food). I do seem to have a bit of a cough at the moment so perhaps thats why its been playing up.

Attachments

• 17040971202787256885137771371240.jpg
    17040971202787256885137771371240.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 2
Happy New Year

5.8 today, off out for a walk and coffee with my friends, got the family coming round later, most of the food is ready done stuff, but got chicken marinatinhg, done the beef kofta bites and just got the vegetable skewers to so when I get back. Everything will need cooking, but that won’t take long.

Happy New Year all, 5.6 here. Things didn’t quite go to plan yesterday, it chucked it down all night, and started up again the minute we got to the stables, so the ground in the all weather school wasn’t fit for jumping on, so I didn’t have to do pole-shifting duty. I watched daughter ride, then we both saw the funny side as we slipped and slid on wet mud taking the pony down to the field afterwards. The field itself is on sandy, well draining soil, and is fine, it’s just the ten minute walk/slide to get there.
This morning is gloriously sunny, and the local estate opens its doors to locals on NYD, so will take advantage of the tarmaced estate roads for a walk this morning.

Happy New Year all, 5.6 here. Things didn’t quite go to plan yesterday, it chucked it down all night, and started up again the minute we got to the stables, so the ground in the all weather school wasn’t fit for jumping on, so I didn’t have to do pole-shifting duty. I watched daughter ride, then we both saw the funny side as we slipped and slid on wet mud taking the pony down to the field afterwards. The field itself is on sandy, well draining soil, and is fine, it’s just the ten minute walk/slide to get there.
This morning is gloriously sunny, and the local estate opens its doors to locals on NYD, so will take advantage of the tarmaced estate roads for a walk this morning.
I diffintlly need to get back in to riding I used to do regularly but can't afford it but reading your post made relise i miss it.

Like @eggyg not a great start to the year as I clocked a 6.6 this morning. I wasn't feeling 100% when I got up and being teetotal it's clearly not a hangover. I kept my carbs down all day yesterday so that I could enjoy some New Year's Eve nibbles but that meant I was still picking away at them quite late when I don't normally eat anything after 9pm. Haven't had any breakfast yet, despite having been up since 8.

My wife and I are planning on a long New Year's Day walk later, before the rain arrives this afternoon. Haven't decided where yet. Usually we'd head off to a National Trust place but she didn't seem that keen. If the woodland walk we took on Friday is anything to go by it's going to be a muddy one wherever we go.

Went out to a couple of garden centres yesterday to see what post-Xmas bargains they had as they cleared what was left of their Xmas displays. 50% off most things but only picked up some half-price cards and gift tags at one of them before popping into their coffee shop for a cappuccino.

@zippyjojo back in the 1970s I lived in Applecross Walk in Bedford. I often wondered where the name had come from and now I know.

Happy New Year all. Hope 2024 turns out to be a good one for everyone.

Last edited:
Good morning - 8.1

Happy New Year!

Have a great day everyone

Back