Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all, and up at a more civilised time today. 7.8 on the Libre and has hoovered between that and 9 all night apparently. I wasn’t having that so pricked the old finger, and voila, 5.9! That’ll do nicely thank you. This sensor is less than 48 hours old so I’ll forgive it, for now. But it would explain why, although I did have a unicorn day yesterday, I was in the 8s all day. I was blaming the pizza I had for lunch and didn’t check on the meter.

Had a lovely, if chaotic day, with the family yesterday. We gave Sadie a lovely pre 6th birthday lunch, then we played pass the parcel, not easy with a toddler! Carnage, is maybe the word I am looking for. Musical statues was more successful, although toddlers can’t stay still for even a micro second. They enjoyed it anyways and that’s the main thing. They’d all gone by 4.30 and Mr Eggy and I sat/ laid down for a rest and the next thing it was 5.30!

Nice quiet day today, not only because Storm Gerrit has left the building, thank goodness, but because we’ve nothing to do, if we don’t want to. Although I’m going to marinade a lump of pork so I can cook it tomorrow for our NYD gathering. I will cook it long and low and will pull it to go into small rolls. The other stuff I’ll prep tomorrow or Monday itself as it’s not until 6pm. Just cold meats and salad style buffet, and a festive pie. Nothing too fancy.

Have a lovely Saturday.

6.6 this morning.

Decided to send a message to the GP just to check that they did actually mean 6 weeks for the antibiotics as it does seem like an awfully long course. Meanwhile I’ve done my research on probiotics and have ordered some that will be ready to collect next week. As a stop gap I’ve bought some weaker ones that I’m taking right away.

Off to a thing this morning and then supposed to be seeing Wolf, Witch, Giant, Fairy at Covent Garden this afternoon but if Cyril (I’ve named the cyst) is playing up I’ll give it a miss.

A 4.8 for me today. 🙂 It's absolutely lashing down with rain and set to continue for the next few hours. 😡 The woods that I usually walk will be water-logged so it's on yer bike for me.

Dez

Morning 4.6. I woke up to dex telling me I was 18 and having been there for a while at around 2am(I still had the delay first alert on. Would be useful to set different alerm profiles so you didn't have to remember to change things). I gumbled at it being the second night in a row I'd gone really high. At first I blamed the the mince pie and the fact I ended drinking some baileys type week(I don't genirry drink anyone but found myself having some) and didn't have insulins for drink but then I released I had forgotten my evemermy levimer. Its push my very high up to 16% for the past 3 days. Ho hum

Morning 4.6. I woke up to dex telling me I was 18 and having been there for a while at around 2am(I still had the delay first alert on. Would be useful to set different alerm profiles so you didn't have to remember to change things). I gumbled at it being the second night in a row I'd gone really high. At first I blamed the the mince pie and the fact I ended drinking some baileys type week(I don't genirry drink anyone but found myself having some) and didn't have insulins for drink but then I released I had forgotten my evemermy levimer. Its push my very high up to 16% for the past 3 days. Ho hum

Morning all, 4.7 here, and jelly baby assisted on two occasions overnight. I changed my plans for riding yesterday, as it started hosing it down when I got to the stables, I did go for a quick trot up the road, but then went into the arena and did a much more anaerobic session (heaving heavy wooden poles around) and by the time I got home my BG was in the teens, and it took all afternoon and three corrections to get it down. I remembered that my liver would claw back fuel overnight, and reduced basal, but not by enough!

Decided to send a message to the GP just to check that they did actually mean 6 weeks for the antibiotics as it does seem like an awfully long course.
A bit of research shows that it’s not unusual to be on doxy for 4 months so no message sent. Trust in the gp restored 🙂

Good morning everyone

I am stunned but BG 5.2 again. I am rooting for tomorrow to get three in a row.

New year looming...

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

5.9 on this rather wet and miserable Berkshire morning. Just as well we have nothing planned for the day and can sit at home and relax, especially after having had a houseful yesterday evening - 4 families, 15 of us in total, parents in the lounge, offspring (all in their 20s now) in the dining room. My wife had put together a really good range of party food, mostly prepared from scratch, and laid it out in the kitchen so everyone could help themselves. I stuck to the savoury stuff and left the sweet stuff alone, including the Stollen that our German friends had brought. Painful - I absolutely love Stollen.

Got back to my car at Morrisons yesterday and discovered that I had a load of scuffs and scratches on the driver's door. Someone had clearly got too close to it and then driven off without having the decency to wait until I'd come back. Would that have happened had I been parked at Waitrose..... :confused:

Nothing planned for tomorrow night at the moment. Our eldest is off to his girlfriend's in London later and they're linking up with some friends from their time at Uni tomorrow and then going to watch the New Year's Eve fireworks. Hope the trains are running a proper service - you never know these days. Our youngest has a shift at Sainsbury's tomorrow but as it's a Sunday he'll be all done at 4 o'clock.

@Gwynn - congrats on another HS

Hope the weather isn't going to spoil anyone's plans for the weekend.

Good morning - 7.4

Have a great day everyone

morning

an oh so near, oh so far 5.3, first time for ages I pricked to near the nail now it hurts. Only plans for today are housework, no knit and natter today. If it dries up enough I might go out for a walk or even a short run.

@Gwynn - congratulations on your HS.

Morning all - a miserable day - again.

8.5 at 8am when I woke. It's coming down but not enough. Can't say the steroid injection has done much other than raise BGs.

Went down to the pub last night and it was nice to see everyone, as they all welcomed me back & gave me lots of hugs. We hadn't realised that they had a group on last night and they had cleared all the sofas away from the fire, so we had to sit in the restaurant part and I don't really like it in there. We didn't stay very long but it was nice. We usually meet friends in town on a Saturday but we haven't arranged anything today.

Congratulations to @Gwynn on another HS.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning everyone

I am stunned but BG 5.2 again. I am rooting for tomorrow to get three in a row.

I am verfy reflective of 2023 its ups and downs, successes and failures, delights and disappointments, my expectations and those that were dashed.

Time to positively look ahead to 2024...

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Ok how did I manage to post twice??? I must be getting older... by the day...

Morning all, and up at a more civilised time today. 7.8 on the Libre and has hoovered between that and 9 all night apparently. I wasn’t having that so pricked the old finger, and voila, 5.9! That’ll do nicely thank you. This sensor is less than 48 hours old so I’ll forgive it, for now. But it would explain why, although I did have a unicorn day yesterday, I was in the 8s all day. I was blaming the pizza I had for lunch and didn’t check on the meter.

Had a lovely, if chaotic day, with the family yesterday. We gave Sadie a lovely pre 6th birthday lunch, then we played pass the parcel, not easy with a toddler! Carnage, is maybe the word I am looking for. Musical statues was more successful, although toddlers can’t stay still for even a micro second. They enjoyed it anyways and that’s the main thing. They’d all gone by 4.30 and Mr Eggy and I sat/ laid down for a rest and the next thing it was 5.30!

Nice quiet day today, not only because Storm Gerrit has left the building, thank goodness, but because we’ve nothing to do, if we don’t want to. Although I’m going to marinade a lump of pork so I can cook it tomorrow for our NYD gathering. I will cook it long and low and will pull it to go into small rolls. The other stuff I’ll prep tomorrow or Monday itself as it’s not until 6pm. Just cold meats and salad style buffet, and a festive pie. Nothing too fancy.

Have a lovely Saturday.
My girls used to love 'Chase the Ring' game. Everybody sits in a circle holding on the a string with a ring threaded onto it and the ring is passed round inside the hands from person to person and when the music stops the 'Chaser' who stands in the middle has to find who has the ring. If they find it then that person goes in the middle. I don't know if it is an official game but it is great fun.

My girls used to love 'Chase the Ring' game. Everybody sits in a circle holding on the a string with a ring threaded onto it and the ring is passed round inside the hands from person to person and when the music stops the 'Chaser' who stands in the middle has to find who has the ring. If they find it then that person goes in the middle. I don't know if it is an official game but it is great fun.
Ooh, we used to play that at birthday parties when I was a child. I'd forgotten about it, and never did it with my kids when I hosted 'traditional' parties.

Back