Group 7-day waking average?

Hi do I start my own thread ? And can’t see. To download app. Is this because I have iPhone? Thanks in advance
Welcome to the morning thread! I see you’ve managed to start a new thread in the recipes section, so I won’t go through that. Hopefully you’ll get responses to that, I can’t think offhand of anyone who is vegan that I could tag for you. I may be wrong, but I don’t think there is an App, I’ve always looked at the forum on the website, but someone will be along to correct me if I’m wrong.

Welcome to the morning thread! I see you’ve managed to start a new thread in the recipes section, so I won’t go through that. Hopefully you’ll get responses to that, I can’t think offhand of anyone who is vegan that I could tag for you. I may be wrong, but I don’t think there is an App, I’ve always looked at the forum on the website, but someone will be along to correct me if I’m wrong.
Thanks Robin

Good morning all

After a very windy night it’s a very happy 5.3 for me today.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone and stay safe.

Good morning. 5.6 - an improvement after a decent night.

Yesterday the wind was gusty but not really very strong - more sound and fury than dangerous - at least it dispersed the cloud so that I could see out. However that has struck back for revenge - I can't see to the end of the garden.

Hope evryone has a peaceful Sunday.

Morning all - 7.8 for me this morning which is not surprising as out for dinner last night to my friend's 60th over near Keswick (battled through incredibly heavy rain and wind to get there). The food was yummy and I made wise choices - it was all cooked from his Ottilenghi Simply cook book so quite exotic. I completely resisted the delicious pudding and only drank tap water as the only soft alternative was sweet & fizzy. Got home to the dogs at about 11pm and then stayed up with them till nearly 1am so they weren't immediately shoved away having been on their own all evening. Had a bowl of crisps with pickled onions & cheese. Now I've got heating I need to re-adjust it as I woking up feeling rather warm! I'm going to force myself to finish my Christmas cards this morning - I seem to have stopped at B (of which I've got what feels like hundreds - probably because my surname begins with B so so do lots of relatives!). Have a great day everyone x

Morning all - 7.8 for me this morning which is not surprising as out for dinner last night to my friend's 60th over near Keswick (battled through incredibly heavy rain and wind to get there). The food was yummy and I made wise choices - it was all cooked from his Ottilenghi Simply cook book so quite exotic. I completely resisted the delicious pudding and only drank tap water as the only soft alternative was sweet & fizzy. Got home to the dogs at about 11pm and then stayed up with them till nearly 1am so they weren't immediately shoved away having been on their own all evening. Had a bowl of crisps with pickled onions & cheese. Now I've got heating I need to re-adjust it as I woking up feeling rather warm! I'm going to force myself to finish my Christmas cards this morning - I seem to have stopped at B (of which I've got what feels like hundreds - probably because my surname begins with B so so do lots of relatives!). Have a great day everyone x
I quite fancy an Ottilenghi book, maybe I’ll ask Santa. 🙂

Morning all 6.2 for me. AWOL yesterday as our oldest cat Finlay had a massive stroke yesterday and passed away peacefully on the sofa next to me.

It's strange that I feel more upset about my animals dying than I do for people.

Any way have a good day everyone.

Morning all.6.1 for me this morning.. Been in the 6 range all night.From dinner time yesterday till 7 30 was in the 12 range Had a good walk dropping Xmas cards off The joys . Hope everyone is doing well and have a good day folks

@khskel Really sorry to hear you lost Finlay yesterday. Dying at home, peacefully with the people who care for you is certainly the best any of us can hope for and I am sure he had a very good life with you. It must be some consolation that he waited until you got back from your trip to the states. Sincerest condolences.

@khskel Really sorry to hear you lost Finlay yesterday. Dying at home, peacefully with the people who care for you is certainly the best any of us can hope for and I am sure he had a very good life with you. It must be some consolation that he waited until you got back from your trip to the states. Sincerest condolences.
Not that it is good when the end has come but much better than having to make the decision that the time has come and having to take them to the vet.
So sorry @khskel for your sad loss. I agree more upset about loved pets than people.

6.3 for me this morning which rapidly became 7.3 with an upward sloping arrow within 15mins and then settled down to 5.6 10 mins later. All I can be sure of is that I didn't have a House Special, but congrats to @Gwynn who did and @ColinUK who might have 🙄. Hope you have a smooth flight and a fab trip.

I quite fancy an Ottilenghi book, maybe I’ll ask Santa. 🙂
I have his "Jerusalem" - it's a very interesting read, but I have never made any of the recipes. They all have great long lists of ingredients, some of which may be available in places like London, but are not available in darkest Cornwall. In addition the recipes often begin "The day before prepare...." I think his new one "Simple" is a lot easier, but from what I see online they all appear to be vegetarian. I gave a subscription to "Delicious" magazine to a friend for Christmas and they sent the magazine to her but the free cookbook Ottolenghi's "Flavour" to me. I had a brief glance through it before I passed it on.

One of my favourites is "Simply" by Sabrina Ghayour.... exotic and interesting recipes, but as the title says, they are much easier and more accessible. I've made her "Thyme and Za'tar roasted tomatoes" and her "Pomegranate molasses and honey glazed meatballs" over and over again.

Wonder I any of you good folks could help me .I have an emergency c t scan tomorrow afternoon.wad wondering if I will have to take my libre sensor off .If so not to bad as it runs out Tuesday. Once had an MRI scan and forgot to take wallet out of pocket.wiped out all my cards .gave the bank staff a good chuckle anyways

Morning all - very windy and wet earlier, but we now have blue skies, still windy though.

4.9 first thing. Dropped within an hour to 4.1 at which point a stem ginger cookie was called for.

Last night's Chicken Arrabiata was delicious. @freesia I made the dumplings the traditional way with suet, but put lots of parmesan in them. Tonight roast pork with all the trimmings and I'll spend most of the afternoon doing the prep for tomorrow's lunch when we have friends coming.

@Gwynn congrats on the round house and @ColinUK's imaginary house!

@khskel so sorry to hear of Finlay's passing. Lots of hugs as I am sure you will miss him.

Take care all...

Wonder I any of you good folks could help me .I have an emergency c t scan tomorrow afternoon.wad wondering if I will have to take my libre sensor off .If so not to bad as it runs out Tuesday. Once had an MRI scan and forgot to take wallet out of pocket.wiped out all my cards .gave the bank staff a good chuckle anyways
When I had a CT scan I had to take my (tubed) pump off but not my sensor.

Morning all 6.2 for me. AWOL yesterday as our oldest cat Finlay had a massive stroke yesterday and passed away peacefully on the sofa next to me.

It's strange that I feel more upset about my animals dying than I do for people.

Any way have a good day everyone.
Sorry to hear about Finlay, sending hugs to you.

Back