Group 7-day waking average?

@JDKip we have cottage pie with swede or celeriac mash. Bolognese on shredded cabbage. Cook the cabbage in the microwave with some butter, a little water and salt/pepper. Cauliflower rice is lovely.

@JDKip we have cottage pie with swede or celeriac mash. Bolognese on shredded cabbage. Cook the cabbage in the microwave with some butter, a little water and salt/pepper. Cauliflower rice is lovely.
I picked up some wagyu and horseradish sausages today and I'll get a celeriac or something like that and have bangers and mash one day this week I think. Not made mash in yonks but celeriac or cauliflower mash is such a simple substitute that it's ideal comfort food. Heck I could even make a little batch of "real" mash and cut it with cauliflower or celeriac.

I picked up some wagyu and horseradish sausages today and I'll get a celeriac or something like that and have bangers and mash one day this week I think. Not made mash in yonks but celeriac or cauliflower mash is such a simple substitute that it's ideal comfort food. Heck I could even make a little batch of "real" mash and cut it with cauliflower or celeriac.
Sounds delicious!

Good morning everyone

BG 5.3

Good morning - well sort of! I have some sad news - Boris is missing! 🙂 He was there yesterday morning but disappeared earlier than usual. I thought he had gone into his hidey-hole early. However, come the evening there was no sign of him. He hadn't appeared when I went to bed some hours later (he is usually on the web from dusk to dawn) and is not there this morning. I am wondering if he ventured out in the cold yesterday morning (I leave a window open slightly as the flat tends to overheat) and met with some mishap.

Oh, and BG 5.6 after a night that looks like "damped harmonic motion". Yet again my stomach is playing up as it has since I had all those antibiotics!

Dawn is breaking to a cloudy sky with a touch of frost!

Screenshot_20231126-070437.png

Last edited:
@zippyjojo we looked up the Blueberry Inn on Tripadvisor, seems it's now home to a Thai restaurant that people either love or hate! Glad you are happy in your new home!
Yes but it's a very popular pub too - the Thai restaurant took over the main kitchen and restaurant bit at the back and the front is still very much a locals pub and they have a pizza oven too so everyone is happy 🙂

Morning all

5.5 might be going for a walk this morning, not sure yet as my friend has a sore throat so wants to have a cup of tea first then let me know how she is feeling. Did 8.5km run yesterday, watch thinks I did almost 13k and shows me running in a straight line. Today I will be steaming my Christmas pudding, the housework I didn’t do yesterday, more washing up of cake tins, maybe a bit of crotchet and watching a Grand Prix.

Slightly colder than yesterday here, a definite frost last night and currently at 0.

Morning all - 10.3 on my sensor but 8.7 when I finger pricked. Which should I believe? Looks like it was in the green for ½ the night and then crept up as I was waking but earlier than "foot on the floor". I did 4 hours of gardening yesterday. We've having our front path changed from dark grey gravel which was EVERYWHERE to reclaimed Lazonby flags and our rather twee little lines of lavender bushes will have to go (they were being periodically killed off by Wilbur's evening wee anyway). So I transplanted 15 of them to the fence line of my veggie garden. They look great but being a complete novice to this gardening malarky it will be interesting to see if they survive. I read up (Googled) on what to do, so I put some home-made compost in each hole and dug round 4 sides and carefully lifted them so we shall see. My Mum's coming over at lunchtime and we're continuing our quest for the perfect artificial Christmas tree - off to Ambleside this time I think. Have a lovely Sunday everyone x PS: I can't wait to hear how the dinner party went @eggyg

Morning all - 10.3 on my sensor but 8.7 when I finger pricked. Which should I believe? Looks like it was in the green for ½ the night and then crept up as I was waking but earlier than "foot on the floor
If your levels had been steadily rising, and then levelled off, it could be that the Libre algorithm predicted they’d keep rising, so 'overshot' the mark. If that’s the case, later on, the graph will smooth itself out. Or it could just be that the Libre is reading a bit higher than the finger prick, within the 15% allowed tolerances, and you're actually somewhere in between.

Morning all. 🙂 4.1 here.

Had a lovely weekend in Swansea. The weather was amazing - sunny n chilly - so the views along the coastal path near my mum’s were stunning. I even had coffee sat outside twice!

That celeriac~cauliflower mash sounds delish @ColinUK. 😛

Good morning a slightly more respectable 6.1 today
busy doing a few jobs around the bungalow yesterday

We have a glazing company coming on Monday morning to measure for a new back door & quote for a sliding door. I dont think I shared what’s happened to the existing one.
Middle of last week the locking mechanism failed (multipoint locking system) it failed and is locked, so we’ve not been able to use that door for a few days.

I had just one eye treated when I went to the DMO clinic earlier in the week, which was relieving, and
at last ive have had a appointment come through for a MRI scan on Thursday evening,
glad it’s not going to impact work other than they’ve asked me not to eat after midday.

A few jobs to do today including tip run, then cleaning car, ironing clothes for work next week, but hopefully some relaxation, and get time to watch the Grand Prix this afternoon

have a superb Sunday everyone 😎

Another near miss with 5.3 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Another cold and frosty Berkshire morning, though not as cold as yesterday - only a tad above freezing at the moment. Car will still need de-icing before our eldest sets off shortly, though. His futsal team have a League Cup match at Gunnersbury Park in London with an 11:15 kick-off. It's when the weather's like this that he's glad that he doesn't play 11-a-side anymore.

Our local Winter Carnival today so my wife and I will pop into town later and see what's what. We'll walk - it's only a couple of miles - even though the Council have suspended parking charges. Roast dinner on the menu for today, so will pick up a Waitrose chicken while we're in town.

Our youngest earned himself some Brownie points with his manager at Sainsbury's yesterday when he spotted someone going through the self-checkout with an air fryer, but that's not what came up on the screen. Turned out the guy had covered up the barcode with the barcode for something cheaper. Security sorted it out but he legged it before the Police turned up. Yes - despite what we hear they really did turn up for a shoplifter.

It's a rare trip into the sixes for me with a 6.0 this morning.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Last edited:
Back