Group 7-day waking average?

Good moaning from Boris and me! I was feeling really proud yesterday as my TIR for the last 7-days had climbed to 87% but woke to an 11.8 with a phantom pain spike and TIR down to 83%.

Today's plans to do what I couldn't do yesterday as my laptop hung AGAIN updating! I used to be impressed with DELL but no more!

Still pitch black outside!

Morning all. There’s some early birds on here today. 5.9 on this very cold and frosty morning. -3.5c! According to my weather thingymajig in my kitchen, it’s only 13c in the house! But it is on an outside wall, the British Gas Hub tells me it’s 16c, I’ve flicked the heating on early anyways. Brrr!

Just had some painkillers, as expected, back quite achy, had a good afternoon yesterday too. Ah well, you’ve got to take the rough with the smooth. Dinner party tonight for eight, almost organised, just the tiramisu to make which I’ll do after breakfast, then I’m stuffing pasta shells with marcaspone, mozzarella, tons of garlic and basil. The theme’s Italian if you hadn’t guessed. A antipasti board to arrange, that won’t take long to open the packs of cured meat and chuck some olives and sundries tomatoes about! Will make a focaccia to go with that nearer the time. Arincini ready, just needs put into the oven nearer the time, crab and ricotta ravioli can’t be assembled until it’s needed, that Mr Eggy’s job. Mains are stuffed pasta Bolognaise, ragu made, Caprese salad, gnocchi in tomato sauce and garlic bread, made pizza style. Puddings, panna cotta, Mr Eggy made those last night, and tiramasu. All things, apart from the ravioli, are tried and tested many times so I’m quite happy it’ll be well received. TBF these particular friends will eat owt! That’s why we’re friends!

Have a good day everyone, if there’s any leftovers, form an orderly queue!

Good morning everyone

BG 5.5

Blood pressure is a bit high this morning. Stress abouut being ready to play this evening?

A really good tea with my friend who has almost recovered from his trip and flight home. We had a Sainsburys pizza for tea last night. Not a patch on the M&S ones. Disappointing. The cake my wife made was superb tho. Above expectations.

Today lots of keyboard practice, then lugging my heavy keyboard to the church for a more serious practice ready for tomorrow.

dog-playing-piano-with-dog-it_635062-288.jpg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all, 6.0 here, assisted by a couple of JBs at 2am. Exercise in the afternoon plus a glass of red wine defeated even a reduction of basal.
Neighbours online weather station says it’s -2.7 outside. Can't compete with @eggyg 's -3.5, but it is a tad chilly. Glad I tucked Toby up in his thicker rug after I'd ridden yesterday.

Good morning everyone! 4.6 this morning for me and thankfully a less red sand overnight.

We have the grandchildren today which involves taking Thea to a cheerleading competition. Not sure I’m comfortable about that, dressing up and having makeup on a 4 year old doesn’t quite seem right although she really enjoys it all.

Cold and frosty start here but at least it’s bright.

@eggyg - I’ll pop round for the Tiramisu!

Have a good day everyone!

A 5.3 for me this morning. Weather gauge showing 0ºC outside? 😱
Stay warm everybody.

Dez

Morning

5.6 today. The day will consist of going for a run, in aid of Stand up to Cancer, temp has dropped to single figures here, but nothing like @eggyg minus figure. Knit and natter, followed by baking my final 3 Christmas cakes which will bring the total to 15 this year. Prepping the Christmas pudding, I might make that as well while I have taken over the kitchen, I steam it in the slow cooker as I don’t have a steamer, and make my mincemeat ready for the Christmas mince pies, oh and I might fit in some housework, well defo need to wash up the cake tins I baked Christmas cakes in yesterday as I need some of them again today. Then of course sit down to watch Strictly, I might find time to eat between all that.

@eggyg - I think my invite must of got lost in the post , your menu sounds Devine, hope you have a lovely evening and your back is not too painful to enjoy yourself.

Morning all, 6.0 here, assisted by a couple of JBs at 2am. Exercise in the afternoon plus a glass of red wine defeated even a reduction of basal.
Neighbours online weather station says it’s -2.7 outside. Can't compete with @eggyg 's -3.5, but it is a tad chilly. Glad I tucked Toby up in his thicker rug after I'd ridden yesterday.

Are you Up North? Here Down South it's a balmy but dully -2! :rofl:

Good morning - 7.3

Have a great day everyone

5.3 on this cold and frosty Berkshire morning - minus 2.7 outside at the moment according to our garden thermometer. Time to switch from summer duvet to winter one I think, though most years we would have done that already.

Plumber's finished our downstairs cloakroom and he's done a brilliant job, as usual (he did our bathroom in 2020). Just need the electrician to pop over and wire in the electric radiator, probably Monday. In the meantime I can repaint the walls.

Likely to spend most of the day on me tod as my wife's off to Oxford for a day out with 3 of her friends and our youngest has a 2-10 shift at Sainsbury's. Not sure what our eldest is doing - he was out celebrating a mate's birthday last night so don't expect to see him until midday. He wasn't home by the time we'd gone to bed last night.

@eggyg would love to get in the queue for any leftover tiramisu but sadly have to decline the invitation, even if you lived next door.

@Gwynn our boys reckon Goodfellas pizzas are the best, only topped by a freshly-made Domino's

Sun's out and we have clear blue sky, but don't know whether that means the car will de-ice itself. Hope everyone's weekend gets off to a good start.

Morning - 9.6 for me today. The lovely nurse at the surgery let me pop in yesterday afternoon and get another free sensor which is now in place. I've then decided to self fund so I've already ordered one from Abbot so there's continuity - I can't imagine not having one now but they're so blooming expensive. The doctor is going to increase my Lantus to 12 units from 10 but not until Monday as they don't like me doing anything different on the weekend. Cold & a bit frosty up on the hill this morning and our pond is frozen. The birds and red squirrels are having a feeding frenzy outside - I swear I spend more on their food than the dogs sometimes! Gorgeous to watch though and I've got a beautiful clear view of the Pennines this morning. @eggyg your menu sounds delicious and your friends are very lucky that you've gone to so much trouble - puts my apple crumble last week to shame! (and my sardines on toast starter :rofl: ). @Gwynn I love that picture of the dog at the keyboard - beautiful. Hope tomorrow goes well. @Pattidevans we used to live in Blewbury (near Didcot). I'm on my own here for the next 2½ week buts I'll the dogs and I'm a Celebrity to keep me company. I can't believe that by the time my hubby comes back we'll be only 2 weeks away from Christmas. Have a lovely day everyone x

Morning all. 5.7. I've only just woke up , i obviously needed the sleep.

@eggyg the menu sounds amazing. Are you sure there's not room for one more at the table?

@Grannylorraine you have a busy day! Enjoy the run, though how you have the energy to cook after the run i don't know!

My day will be spent cleaning, ironing, catching up with jobs i don't have time for in the week. Then maybe sitting down with a good book or crafting.

Whatever you are planning, have a good day and keep warm

Back