Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning 6.2

How I hate it when the clocks change and interrupt the natural and gradual flow of life heading for a change of season with a geat jerk.

There were 10 minues sunshine as I rose but normal service of rain now resumed.

@Robin Hope you are soon better.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday.

Last edited:
My reading this morning was 5.1. Only 2 clocks I'd to change were microwave and oven. Don't know why I bother, they both gain minutes every day. 🙂

Dez

Good morning - 7.9

Back to school tomorrow

Have a great day everyone

Morning all on another undecided day. One minute it's hissing down, the next the sun is shining.

5.2 for all of one minute first thing. I hardly registered it, so scanned again and it was 5.3!!

Had a good laugh with our friends yesterday. Not doing much today. Cooking Rick Stein's Gratin of chicken with cider for dinner and that's about it. Was going to do a grocery shop as we have friends coming to stay for a few days on Weds, but decided it's probably better to shop tomorrow.

Hope @Robin and @eggyg feel better soon.

@ColinUK glad to hear you had a better day yesterday.

Good luck @Gwynn with your song today.

Have a good day all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231029-085604.png
    Screenshot_20231029-085604.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 0
. Not doing much today. Cooking Rick Stein's Gratin of chicken with cider
I’ve made that recipe but used pork loins. Enjoyed it, haven’t made it again as I’d forgotten about it until now. I’ll try it with chicken next time. Enjoy. We’re just having a normal chicken dinner, Mr Eggy has dug up the veg and prepped it all. I’m still in my PJs.
How about this for a parsnip! I don’t even like them, unless they’re in a soup. I roast them in honey for the family, they all love them.

Attachments

• IMG_4175.jpeg
    IMG_4175.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 13
Much earlier this morning it was a 5.4 for me, no complaints about that.

Have a good day all and stay safe...

I’ve made that recipe but used pork loins. Enjoyed it, haven’t made it again as I’d forgotten about it until now. I’ll try it with chicken next time. Enjoy. We’re just having a normal chicken dinner, Mr Eggy has dug up the veg and prepped it all. I’m still in my PJs.
How about this for a parsnip! I don’t even like them, unless they’re in a soup. I roast them in honey for the family, they all love them.
The chicken gratin is featured in this month's Delicious magazine! There are a few recipes this month that I will probably make. Although they are heavy into Christmas already!

The chicken gratin is featured in this month's Delicious magazine! There are a few recipes this month that I will probably make. Although they are heavy into Christmas already!
It was on his last series. I downloaded them all as there was something yummy on every episode.
My BBC Good Food mag this month is all Christmas stuff that I’m not interested in. If I see another “countdown” list of what do do on Christmas Day I’ll scream. Surely people who subscribe to a food mag know the basics of what to do by now! I’m thinking of cancelling my subscription when it’s next due.

8.3 this morning for me! Oh dear, probably more to do with eating too much yesterday evening than anything else.

Very busy day yesterday, hence no posts from me. After getting back from the boat we have been washing and tidying everything up back home.

Boat safely back in its berth in the marina - from the dip in the graph you can see when I did loads of work carrying bags, etc. back to the car!

IMG_2745.jpeg
IMG_2746.png

Congratulations @Pattidevans on your HS.

@eggyg, @Anji53 and @Robin - hope you all feel better soon!

@Gwynn - hope your hymn went well!

Take care everyone!

It was on his last series. I downloaded them all as there was something yummy on every episode.
My BBC Good Food mag this month is all Christmas stuff that I’m not interested in. If I see another “countdown” list of what do do on Christmas Day I’ll scream. Surely people who subscribe to a food mag know the basics of what to do by now! I’m thinking of cancelling my subscription when it’s next due.
We didn't watch Rick's last series. Perhaps we should watch on catch-up. I have his very first cook-book, signed by him when he was actually still cooking in his restaurant.

I agree with you @eggyg regarding people who get food mags. I used to get both BBC Good Food and Delicious but I thought BBC Good Food was getting very pedestrian (lots of sausage casserole recipes) so I cancelled it. Then I got Olive mag, but when I looked at renewing it had gone up so much I cancelled it. Why do these mags give great deals for new subscribers but nothing to reward their faithful ones? Anyway, I just get Delicious now and find it has some interesting recipes.

Do you know, the average person has just 8 recipe books!!!!!! I have over 100 and gave 83 to the charity shop when we moved (the likes of Marguerite Patten's Home Freezing). One of my friends is the same. My *main* recipe books are 2 Lever arch files full of stuff in plastic pockets organised into categories.

I shall think about Christmas in December!

I love recipe books but I very rarely cook from them. The reason being that I have too many other things to do and when I find time to cook, I never have all the ingredients for any particular recipe, so I just do a sort of ready steady cook approach, where I try to figure out something I can make from the ingredients I have that need using up. And if I use a recipe, I never stick to it faithfully but always add extras or substitute if I haven't got an item or two. I have a pretty good sense of what goes with what and what doesn't and of course I know what I like and I have an idea of the flavour I am aiming for, but after that it is a bit of this and a bit of that until it tastes about right!
If I shop for a particular recipe, I end up not finding the time (or motivation) to make it and either the ingredients get wasted (pretty rare unless I really take my eye off the ball) or they get thrown in with something else or I just cook them individually just before they go off and eat them like that. That is the reason I had aubergine and green pepper sauteed in olive oil yesterday. Both had bits that were going bad and needed cutting off but the majority just got diced and thrown in the pan and actually it was very tasty.

Do you know, the average person has just 8 recipe books!!!!!! I have over 100 and gave 83 to the charity shop when we moved (the likes of Marguerite Patten's Home Freezing). One of my friends is the same. My *main* recipe books are 2 Lever arch files full of stuff in plastic pockets organised into categories
8?! I use all of the Pinch of Nom, a couple of Slimming World books, some BBC Good Food and also have a lever arch file with recipes i've found in magazines.

We didn't watch Rick's last series. Perhaps we should watch on catch-up. I have his very first cook-book, signed by him when he was actually still cooking in his restaurant.

I agree with you @eggyg regarding people who get food mags. I used to get both BBC Good Food and Delicious but I thought BBC Good Food was getting very pedestrian (lots of sausage casserole recipes) so I cancelled it. Then I got Olive mag, but when I looked at renewing it had gone up so much I cancelled it. Why do these mags give great deals for new subscribers but nothing to reward their faithful ones? Anyway, I just get Delicious now and find it has some interesting recipes.

Do you know, the average person has just 8 recipe books!!!!!! I have over 100 and gave 83 to the charity shop when we moved (the likes of Marguerite Patten's Home Freezing). One of my friends is the same. My *main* recipe books are 2 Lever arch files full of stuff in plastic pockets organised into categories.

I think I got rid of all my cookery books, they were just dust collectors!

love recipe books but I very rarely cook from them. The reason being that I have too many other things to do and when I find time to cook, I never have all the ingredients for any particular recipe, so I just do a sort of ready steady cook approach, where I try to figure out something I can make from the ingredients I have that need using up. And if I use a recipe, I never stick to it faithfully but always add extras or substitute if I haven't got an item or two. I have a pretty good sense of what goes with what and what doesn't and of course I know what I like and I have an idea of the flavour I am aiming for, but after that it is a bit of this and a bit of that until it tastes about right!
I very often do the same. I will substitute stuff if I don't have it and other times just throw things together. Sometimes, like last week I went to Google and typed in "salmon and Peppers" and the search threw up a lovely recipe that I already had the ingredients in the larder/fridge. I shall do that one again. But I always get some books at Christmas and will read them like novels.

I mostly just google for a recipe if I want some inspiration. Though I'll usually try out one or two recipes from each book. Had some lovely surprises from Sabrina Ghayour's "Simply". My cookery mags get passed on to my friend. I don't always cut out the recipes, sometimes just scan and print them for my own files.

I love a cook book. I bought one last week ( second hand) The Greedy Italians, I realised I didn’t have an Italian cook book. I probably won’t cook anything out if it but I like looking at the pictures. :D
I also have a lever arch file with plastic pockets! That’s how I was able to find the ginger and coriander chicken recipe so quickly.

Back