Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 6.4 at 8am and the sun is shining.

Great day yesterday in Bude. We did end up on the SWCP, we’re either masochists or just plain barmy, can’t decide! Anyhoo, we walked to Widemouth Bay, had an ice cream and walked back. It really was a doddle, I know it’s an easy walk when my walking poles remain folded up in my rucksack. The weather was fabulous, just perfect for walking. All in, after a bit pootling around Bude, 8.5 miles about 600ft of elevation.

Chill day on the beach, forecast 22c. We’ll take a picnic with us and I may have a paddle!

@Grannylorraine and @freesia both your days sound fun. Enjoy.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. 😎

Some photos of Bude and Widemouth Bay.

Attachments

• 47F41A4E-7341-4912-A626-919801CC3516.jpeg
    47F41A4E-7341-4912-A626-919801CC3516.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 603EFD9E-A590-4E75-87E8-809E47D14514.jpeg
    603EFD9E-A590-4E75-87E8-809E47D14514.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 10
  • A789E34F-88E4-417A-9CB6-E127646CC559.jpeg
    A789E34F-88E4-417A-9CB6-E127646CC559.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 6394CE6F-CF5E-47FB-BBC0-0C14450F2DD4.jpeg
    6394CE6F-CF5E-47FB-BBC0-0C14450F2DD4.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 4C46485D-5D7D-401D-87BC-3A5B8B437039.jpeg
    4C46485D-5D7D-401D-87BC-3A5B8B437039.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 23F7AA0D-5543-496C-8C6D-71BCE7089CBD.jpeg
    23F7AA0D-5543-496C-8C6D-71BCE7089CBD.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1D4AEEC4-BF80-473F-954A-D4E781B8D47A.jpeg
    1D4AEEC4-BF80-473F-954A-D4E781B8D47A.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 10
A 5.9 for me this morning. 🙂
Have a great weekend everybody.

Dez

You can’t leave us hanging like that! Do you have very rich friends who have an extensive wine cellar? Got yourself a part time job as a sommelier? Or is it you with the extensive wine cellar? 😉
Part of the deceased estate. It’s all being stored downstairs (currently) and just needed turning.
There’s about another 500 to go but they’re in a coal hole and the door is stuck so they’re going nowhere.

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s anything particularly special in the collection but a dealer will be coming to take a look at some point just to make sure it’s all just plonk. Just a lot of plonk.

Morning all. 6.4 at 8am and the sun is shining.

Great day yesterday in Bude. We did end up on the SWCP, we’re either masochists or just plain barmy, can’t decide! Anyhoo, we walked to Widemouth Bay, had an ice cream and walked back. It really was a doddle, I know it’s an easy walk when my walking poles remain folded up in my rucksack. The weather was fabulous, just perfect for walking. All in, after a bit pootling around Bude, 8.5 miles about 600ft of elevation.
We've started to look for holiday accommodation in Cornwall for next summer. We've stayed in Fowey for 7 years in a row so are thinking about somewhere else next year. Currently checking out some holiday lets in Boscastle, which looks like it might be a good place to base ourselves, so keep the pictures coming please.

Morning all - and another beautiful day here in the far west.

6.5 first thing. I was woken at 06:20 by my pod alert telling me it needed changing at 10:30. Grrr... must alter the alarm timing! Did manage to drop off again until 8:30 when it read 6.1.

More flipping grapes to process today.... arghhh!

@ColinUK you could fill a swimming pool with all that wine!

@Anji53 congratulations on your HS.

@Martin.A I personally like Boscastle but it is a bit out on a limb for visiting anywhere else and there are not many restaurants. Some friends of ours used to own the Wellington pub there and we had a reciprocal arrangement that we could stay free there off-season and they would come down to us and stay free. They sold it long ago though and we've not been for a few years now.

Have a good day all.

Morning all and 6.3 for me.

Prescription picked up in the nick of time as the Novo Rapid was getting a bit low.

Flights booked for the USA and another date added to the itinerary. Just a trip to the US Embassy required to finalise the visas. We're not risking going as illegals. Expensive but safer.

Have a good day everyone.

We've started to look for holiday accommodation in Cornwall for next summer. We've stayed in Fowey for 7 years in a row so are thinking about somewhere else next year. Currently checking out some holiday lets in Boscastle, which looks like it might be a good place to base ourselves, so keep the pictures coming please.
We haven’t been to Boscastle this time but it’s a lovely place. It’s not far from where we’re staying. The Atlantic coast is amazing. So rugged and wild. Think that’s why we like the Algarve too.

Good morning! Was woken by stinging and cramp in my poorly foot. At least with with the light/no dressing protocol I can wriggle my toes. The discharge makes a mess and Amazon should deliver protectibe coverings later to make life easier.

Oh BG is 8 2 after a steady night so fingers crossed no DP coming into play. Off to Wordle if I stay awake! Zzzzzzz...

Screenshot_20231008_043921_com.freestylelibre.app.gb.jpg

Last edited:
Morning

4.7 today, had a lovely day at the knitting and stitching show, got a nice monkey blanket to crotchet for my hubby and a small project for myself. Managed to keep my spend below £100, and not big purchases, well except how big the blanket will be when finished.

off to take part in the Royal Parks Half Marathon today, if anyone has a spare £1 or £2 I am running for British Heart Foundation. I’ll update on my time later, but not go8ng for a time.

7.6 Unsurprisingly I’ve had an awful night being up constantly checking the news and phone messages etc from family and friends in Israel.

Early bird today. Decided to get up just after 6 as I was wide awake. Tested while the kettle was boiling and got 5.7, so pretty much no change from where I've been these last few days.

Just me for dinner yesterday so thought I'd pop to our local Chef & Brewer rather than cook for one. Then our eldest decided he wasn't going out last night after all so we both ended up there. Smothered Chicken (aka Hunter's Chicken) for me as usual and then what their menu calls a "mini pudding" - coffee and a small dessert. Don't usually test after eating out but did so this time out of curiosity and got 5.1, which was a surprise. Switched hands and did a second test to be sure and got 5.2, so it seems that's really where I was.

4 wins from 4 for Wales in the group stage and a QF against Japan or Argentina, who play today in the final round of group matches. Don't mind which as we look capable of beating either of them. Pick of today's games is Fiji v Portugal as that's likely to produce a result that sends Australia home.

@Pattidevans not too bothered about lack of restaurants in Boscastle as we always go self-catering and usually only eat out on the evening before we go home, but thanks for the heads up. My wife's only just started looking and we might easily end up somewhere else.

Congratulations Anji53 on your HS yesterday

@ColinUK hope everything's OK with your family and friends in Israel.

Looks like another nice day on the cards, at least down here in the south.

Good morning everyone. Sooo dark. Autumn. Cold. Everything in nature seems to be preparing for the big sleep. Still not long until spring !

BG 5.5

Both arms are aching a bit after the covid and flu injections yesterday. No effect on BG tho

My wife was delighted with the new, neater, more spaceous layout of the music room. She has no idea that a good, suitable keyboard is arriving for her tomorrow. She really wants to try to learn to play the keyboard too. Excellent. It's a fun, creative, fulfilling life long journey of learning and emotionalityness ( 🙂 ).

I am very tired physically still after all the moving stuff endlessly in circles (it seemed), but happy, especially as it all still works!!!

Today, church, rest, and that's about it.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Does My Sugr factor in a margin of error? Meter accuracy has to be within 85% for 95% of the time, I think. That's why I allow a margin of error in my expectation.

You can have a stab at working yours out from the attached.
That might mean all this low carb and medication has reduced me by 20 . I was hoping for more. ((( tears))) emoticon

Back