Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all

5.4 today, going to a charity knit and natter today where we are all making the same project, looking forward to that.

@Eternal422 - congratulations on the HS

@eggyg - I used to be a high heels girl as well, worn for everything, now even for my daughters wedding i put flip flops on in the evening. I live in either trainers or sketchers flip flops.

Do you think it’s the sugar in it?
Funnily enough I made sticky duck last Saturday and used hoisin sauce and had the best night’s sleep I’d had for ages!
I doubt it, it wouldn’t be worse than having a pudding after a main, which I didn’t last night, OH reckons it’s one of the spices, but he slept like a log last night, apparently, so who knows!

All stilettos are lethal to me now. Once over I’ve never wear anything but heels, even to drive in. Since I retired and developed a bunion ( pointy high shoes did that) I live in trainers/walking boots and my trusty Birkenstocks. I still have heels, all kept nicely in the boxes, and I sometimes take them out and gaze wistfully at them.
I have one pair of medium heels, that come out for weddings etc, but I really gave up any sort of heel when I married a man shorter than me. I know Jerry Hall used to wear heels and tower over Mick Jagger, but I never had her looks, or her pins.

I have one pair of medium heels, that come out for weddings etc, but I really gave up any sort of heel when I married a man shorter than me. I know Jerry Hall used to wear heels and tower over Mick Jagger, but I never had her looks, or her pins.
As a vertically challenged woman I’ve never had the problem of being taller than a man, or many women/children either TBF, but I have a friend, who like you, is taller than her hubby and she had to give up the heels too as she also doesn’t have Jerry Hall’s attributes. :rofl:

Good morning 8.0
I’m so glad it’s the weekend, feeling shattered
following a tough and quite un-productive week at work

well done on the HS @Eternal422

I’m quite anxious on hearing Trulicity isn’t going to be available
will will have to try and speak to my GP / Diabetes department
guessing they will start by juggling other medication
or maybe will up my insulin currently I take a minimal dose

have a great weekend everybody 😎

Morning all - another day that can't decide. I thought it was brightening up but forecast is for rain from 6pm

Either 7.6 on the Libre or 9.2 fingerprick. I'm used to the Libre being really accurate but this one has been out by about the same amount since I activated it late Thurs. Is it enough to report to Abbott? It does make dosing difficult. I don't have a spare either. Must order some.

Off to town this afternoon to meet friends, then home to do more photobooking this evening. Wanted to harvest the remaining grapes tomorrow but if they are wet it's not such a good idea, plus we've got to do something with a bucketful of apples that we've been given.

I stopped wearing high heels after moving to Cornwall due to the danger of breaking a leg on cobbled streets! I had one pair of "wedding shoes" - some expensive Van Dal ones, but they got stolen when our car was broken into a year ago June. Now it's wide fitting flat shoes to accommodate a bunion. :(
You lot have had me in giggles this morning. Thank you.

Congratulations on the HS @Eternal422

Morning all.9.4; for me this morning.Did manage to get down into the fives at tea time from the 16 and 14 s mid afternoon..Alarm went off twice before 130 am 3.9 and 4.0 . Might have overdone it with the jbs .later went up to 12 .4 .think my correction dose was half a unit short Hopefully get back to normal today after last two days high readings.Hope everyone is doing well and have a good day folks

Afternoon all.

A fine sunny morning here and a 5.6 on the needle this morning.

Hey guys! I leave you a couple of days and I find more posts than I can manage o_O I admit I just read the last page...and then went back another page and a half to get the references in some stories. I see quite a few ladies who left heels behind... I never got quite used to them, I like to look nice (occasionally 😛) but when it comes to shoes, comfort is key.

I just posted a looong post about my days in the joke thread by mistake. That's proof I should be sleeping already instead of typing! Then I decided I didn't want to repost all that ramble. So just copy here the final, positive bit:

Tonight I received tips from two different tables, and not because I was the one bringing the bill: they did tip my colleague who did that, and then they gave me some money specifically for me. That makes me a bit proud. Tho I wonder if they are motivated by the quality of service or they feel sorry for me, as they've seen me running around for days :rofl: Either way, this makes me and my wallet happy!

Last edited:
Good very early morning. Dark dark dark

Slept so well. Opened my eyes and... I could see. What an amzing blessing. What a great start to the day.

Wake 4am
BG 5.6
Temp 36.4
Pulse 51
Oxy 97
BP 119/77

Today, church, exercise, rest

Being able to see again is wonderful....yesssss

Have a great day today whatever you are doing and don't forget to look around and appreciate that you can see

Good moaning! I was woken by a combination of both phantom pain and the equivalent of Blackpool Illuminations. Not sure what was going on outside but suspect there was a car driving sround the car park (but why?)! Oh, BG a none to good 10.9!

Might as well turn on radio for Japanese GP!

Now the lights have gone too dark to tell anything but seems cloudy..

A hour on (6:50) and it's mainly grey fast moving cloud with a few small white ones and the odd patch of blue! And it's a cool 13C.

Last edited:
Morning all, 7.5 here. Slept like a log til 3am, after the previous poor night, then happened to wake up, and made the mistake of checking my ipad for messages, son and daughter are flying home from Malaysia today, and I knew they’d be taking off around then. So of course, I found a flurry of messages to the effect that their flight is so delayed that they’ve been rerouted via Singapore, and will now arrive three hours later than planned, and we have to meet them at a different Heathrow terminal!
So I then spent an hour awake and messaging to daughter while they were in the transit lounge between flights. (Meanwhile, the flight the should have got obviously solved it’s problem, and has taken off from KL, and will still arrive ahead of the one they’re on).
New timings mean I have to call in at daughters house on my way back from riding and hunt for the timer bowl for the cat's dinner, so she can eat it at the correct time ( she is on a load of meds that have to be evenly spaced out). First world problems!

Back