Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning. 6.4

So we had the Indian summer and now we have the monsoon. Awake most of the night listening to the rain and wondering if my works on the highway drains had prevented any incursions. Happily they have worked so no highway debris on the yard. Its a very soggy morning and more to come - glad I live in a hill - I'll check facebook to see whether Llandysul is above water. 14 degrees outside.

Hope everyone OK and not needing a snorkel.

My niece had a cheese wedding cake, 5 tiers of different cheeses.
I saw one of those in a wedding in the hotel I work at, last month I think...is a brilliant idea in my opinion. I love cheese 🙂 . They also had a typical sweet cake.

Morning all and 7.1 for me.

Another success, another car through the MOT. Just two tyres required which I was expecting. A comparative youngster at 20 years old. I keep thinking I should change it but after 15 years with me it still does the job.

More e mails to the USA when they wake up our agents really are a shower of Sh one t.

Have a good day everyone.

Is there a vegan option @Elenka_HM - Scheese tea, or Tofu tea? :confused:😉
Haven't seen it yet but must be something out there...one has to accommodate for so many dietary requirements these days!

I did see a vegan cream tea once, with vegan scones and some coconut alternative to clotted cream.

The rain stopped so I dashed out with my steps, one baking bowl and ny scissors! I had to go back in for a few more bowls.
8.5kgs! Better get myself down to Aldi to buy more sugar. 😱
May I make a suggestion? Don't try to do 8.5 kilos all in one batch, split the grapes into 2 batches. It takes more than twice as long to do a big batch. Even if you have a proper big preserving pan it will spit all over the place.

I saw one of those in a wedding in the hotel I work at, last month I think...is a brilliant idea in my opinion. I love cheese 🙂 . They also had a typical sweet cake.
My youngest daughter had a cheese wedding cake as her husband is allergic to eggs ( and chicken).

Attachments

• 957E599B-A5AD-459E-96D0-B86E1F8AE919.jpeg
    957E599B-A5AD-459E-96D0-B86E1F8AE919.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 18
May I make a suggestion? Don't try to do 8.5 kilos all in one batch, split the grapes into 2 batches. It takes more than twice as long to do a big batch. Even if you have a proper big preserving pan it will spit all over the place.
I was thinking that as my jelly bag isn’t big enough anyways. Think I’ll do just the purple ones to start. There’s still loads on the vine I just couldn’t reach them and didn’t fancy getting the big step ladders out. Just got back from Aldi with the sugar, and got absolutely drenched. I’ve had to change ALL the way through. Couldn’t get cinnamon sticks though, even popped to the Coop. Any thoughts? When you said stem ginger did you mean the type in a jar in syrup or root ginger? I’ve got both, plus squeezy ginger.

I did not know it was a thing to be honest. Learn something new every day.
I think they saw it at a wedding fair. In all honestly I can’t stand wedding/ Christmas cake. Yuk. So I was happy with a cheese cake. There was plenty of puddings for the sweet tooths, or should that be teeth?:confused:

OOps I meant root ginger, chopped. Nutmeg, star anise, allspice berries? Anything that would give it a "winter spice" flavour. I wouldn't use ground cinnamon though as it might leave the jelly cloudy.

OOps I meant root ginger, chopped. Nutmeg, star anise, allspice berries? Anything that would give it a "winter spice" flavour. I wouldn't use ground cinnamon though as it might leave the jelly cloudy.
I’ve got all those, probably go for nutmeg. I did think to myself a powdered spice probably wouldn’t work. I thought you must have meant root ginger! I’m going to get cracking very soon. I’m having an early lunch as my BGs plummeted walking back home up a hill in the wind and rain!

And it was a 5.1 for me at 9.10 this grey and windy morning.

Haven't seen it yet but must be something out there...one has to accommodate for so many dietary requirements these days!

I did see a vegan cream tea once, with vegan scones and some coconut alternative to clotted cream.
Bf is lactose intolerant and mostly avoids dairy/beef as he thinks he has a mild reaction to the proteins too, so we have tried coconut alternative to créme fraiche and whipping/double cream and both are really nice. I will have to look out for the clotted cream version!

What a horrid morning it was at 8am. It's now just dull.

5.1 this morning. Rushed around to get ready to go to the dentist, who then kept me waiting for half an hour past my appointment time. The bad news, I have two wobbly teeth due to bone loss and pockets in the gums. Other than that my dental cleaning regime is very good apparently. Told to use a water pick on the pockets. The exact device I was told was useless by his hygienist some time ago. Can't remember what I did with it, may find it and if so it may still work... who knows?

Lunch with my friends yesterday was deeply disappointing. Not the friends or the gossip, but the food. The cafe is apparently under new management. The menu offered 5 or 6 "small plates" and 5/6 expensive mains. Burger at £16??? No yummy sandwiches they used to do. So after some discussion we decided to have a small plate each and share a portion of chips. 3 of the small plates came with Escabeche. I looked it up on my phone and apparently it's a sauce made with vinegar. 2 of us are not fond of vinegar. The other items on the menu none of us had ever heard of. When asked about this vinegar sauce the waitress went to ask the chef who said it was actually a paprika sauce and that you couldn't taste the vinegar. The chef lied. We all 3 settled for the "Pan fried fish, Escabeche, yellow peppers and mustard seed" assuming the fish came in batter. I really should have taken a photo. Along came 3 very small plates on which were 3 minnows each slit to the backbones with bones still in situ, sitting in vinegar sauce. I took one bite and just ate chips. One friend ate my fish, the other just about got hers down. When 2 different waitresses asked if everything was alright and we said "No not really" they both smiled and went away! At least that was funny in a rather sad way.

We didn't stay for coffee!! Instead we went to a pub which used to be Julian and I's local when we lived in town. I knew it had a friendly manageress and more important a decent Gaggia machine. That has also changed hands and is now run by a surly woman who told us we couldn't have hot or cold milk with an Americano. In the end the Americano turned up with a nice froth on top and at least we caught up on our gossip. We then went and looked round a clothes shop and I bought trousers and a sweater to make up for the experience!

@42istheanswer, @Eternal422 and @Gwynn on your HSs.

Hope everyone has a good day.

What a horrid morning it was at 8am. It's now just dull.

5.1 this morning. Rushed around to get ready to go to the dentist, who then kept me waiting for half an hour past my appointment time. The bad news, I have two wobbly teeth due to bone loss and pockets in the gums. Other than that my dental cleaning regime is very good apparently. Told to use a water pick on the pockets. The exact device I was told was useless by his hygienist some time ago. Can't remember what I did with it, may find it and if so it may still work... who knows?

Lunch with my friends yesterday was deeply disappointing. Not the friends or the gossip, but the food. The cafe is apparently under new management. The menu offered 5 or 6 "small plates" and 5/6 expensive mains. Burger at £16??? No yummy sandwiches they used to do. So after some discussion we decided to have a small plate each and share a portion of chips. 3 of the small plates came with Escabeche. I looked it up on my phone and apparently it's a sauce made with vinegar. 2 of us are not fond of vinegar. The other items on the menu none of us had ever heard of. When asked about this vinegar sauce the waitress went to ask the chef who said it was actually a paprika sauce and that you couldn't taste the vinegar. The chef lied. We all 3 settled for the "Pan fried fish, Escabeche, yellow peppers and mustard seed" assuming the fish came in batter. I really should have taken a photo. Along came 3 very small plates on which were 3 minnows each slit to the backbones with bones still in situ, sitting in vinegar sauce. I took one bite and just ate chips. One friend ate my fish, the other just about got hers down. When 2 different waitresses asked if everything was alright and we said "No not really" they both smiled and went away! At least that was funny in a rather sad way.

We didn't stay for coffee!! Instead we went to a pub which used to be Julian and I's local when we lived in town. I knew it had a friendly manageress and more important a decent Gaggia machine. That has also changed hands and is now run by a surly woman who told us we couldn't have hot or cold milk with an Americano. In the end the Americano turned up with a nice froth on top and at least we caught up on our gossip. We then went and looked round a clothes shop and I bought trousers and a sweater to make up for the experience!

@42istheanswer, @Eternal422 and @Gwynn on your HSs.

Hope everyone has a good day.
i feela bit the same a friend to cheer me up said lets go for lunch. oh dear pastries . jacket potatoes and sandwiches so cheapest was s sandwich and it came with salad n crisps . and a cuppa £27.60 so with the time a sandwich Nd cuppa £15 each . worst is you mess to get rid of bread so for a side salad i feel expensive. Still i enjoyed getting out even though i want to stay in bed id not settle there not asleep either.
in town the Nurse phoned me. So i apologised but not going to discuss probs in high street. I should have stayed home but your supposed to help yourself too.
She will phone if she can later.

So
i feela bit the same a friend to cheer me up said lets go for lunch. oh dear pastries . jacket potatoes and sandwiches so cheapest was s sandwich and it came with salad n crisps . and a cuppa £27.60 so with the time a sandwich Nd cuppa £15 each . worst is you mess to get rid of bread so for a side salad i feel expensive. Still i enjoyed getting out even though i want to stay in bed id not settle there not asleep either.
in town the Nurse phoned me. So i apologised but not going to discuss probs in high street. I should have stayed home but your supposed to help yourself too.
She will phone if she can later.
Sometimes you just need to ask if there is nothing on the menu, there is no reason they could not have done tuna or cheese with salad as they would have had the ingredients available.
If you order a sandwich then just say No chips.

Back