Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all

A steady 6.3 from Control IQ for me this morning.

Have a good day everyone!

Just picked up my mail & the results of my recent eye screening are I have Background Retinopathy & the advice is to control my BS as best as possible. I did say, during the screening when asked that my vision was a bit blurry as sometimes happens after a prolonged period of high BS but, it usually sorts itself out once I come back down so, I’m not surprised! Don’t need any action, yet, & I AM working as hard as I can on getting my BS back under control! My vision has actually cleared up a bit anyway these last few weeks.

Morning all on this grey overcast day.

Warning - long post, but not a rant! More of a travelogue.

I'm back from our travels, which were on the whole great fun, except for my legs which were reluctant to walk as far as I'd have liked them to. 5.7 this morning, which was a bit of a relief as BG just kept climbing yesterday. We stopped off at Exeter services and got a beef baguette to share and an iced latte from Pret a manger (very easy to find the carb count online). I was surprised that my BG was 8.6 as it was a fair while after a breakfast of eggs Benedict at the Colwall park hotel near Malvern where we broke our journey. I'd only eaten one of the muffin halves and one egg, but had bolussed for 2 halves of muffin. Then BG just kept going up and up.... by dinner time (we'd got a lamb shoulder, ludicrously expensive mash potatoes and peeled carrots from M&S at the service station) BG was 21 with an up arrow. I finally twigged that I'd somehow dislodged my Omnipod. When I took it off the cannula was bent flat to the pod... so clearly that's what had happened. I changed the pod and still had to do another correction at 5am as I was 10.1.

We spent the first night in Exeter at the Mercure where we ate as we'd got a DBB deal. Food was um...."average", but we'd had a lovely cocktail on the roof of the Hotel Indigo with gorgeous views over Exeter, the Cathedral and the surrounding countryside. The room though was quite luxurious. We then went on to Taunton the next day where we thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with members of the forum - the chat never stopped! We then went to SB2015's concert which was lovely. That night we stayed in Bridgewater North Premier Inn - don't go there! As Premier Inns go that one didn't! Half the lights in the room didn't work, the internet worked for about 3 seconds at a time, the undersheet wasn't big enough for the bed. As it's situated in the middle of a business park the only place to eat was the attached pub, none too clean and staff none too happy.

On to Harrogate and the most superb apartment! Harrogate was a delight. The centre of the town is a beautiful park with the most gorgeous and prolific flowers absolutely everywhere. Tons of gorgeous restaurants. We ate in the William and Victoria wine bar (superb mussels for me and kidneys followed by Prawn Linguine for J ). The Ivy - fabulous staff, so professional and welcoming and lovely food (shepherd's pie for me - I chose it because I use their recipe for my own shepherd's pie and I wanted to see how it matched up - I have to say I judged it neck and neck. Beef tartare for J). The Fat Badger - very impressive dining room with crystal chandeliers and looooong velvet drapes. Goat's cheese panacotta with beetroot relish, followed by Ox cheek with pasta for J, and a gorgeous piece of cod on mediterranean veg for me. The West Park hotel where we both had Szechuan spiced pork fillet which was delicious. Essences tapas bar for lunch - a selection of tapas.

We visited York for the day on the train. Walked around the shambles, the market, the Minster and visited the Jorvik viking centre. Ilkley where we lunched on Steak/Frites as only the French can do in Bistrot Pierre and then went on to Bolton Abbey. The abbey brought back the memory of me, aged 7 being stung by a bee whilst picnicking by the nearby river. Richard, a volunteer at the Abbey kindly spent ages telling us it's history. A day just walking around Harrogate and visiting the pump room plus exploring the gardens. A day in Ripon where we visited the Workhouse museum which was absolutely fascinating. It's run by volunteers who are more than happy to tell you about life as it was in the Workhouse in the 18th century and even up to the 1970s. After a sandwich lunch in the Yorkshire Tea Rooms, we went on a canal boat trip and bought a delicious pork and onion relish pie and a pork and apple pie from Appleton's Pork butchers for a picnic on our journey on Saturday. Wherever we went from Tourist Info places to restaurants and museums people were so kind, friendly and spent lots of time chatting to us.

A curious thing happened on our last night. We were just watching the 6pm news in the flat with a glass of wine, when I heard some noises that sounded like they were in the flat. We went into the hall to find a chap standing there with an armful of shirts on hangers and a bag. He said "who are you, I have rented this flat tonight". We said "no, we have". He was very pleasant though and it transpired he stays there regularly so knew where the spare keys were hidden and he'd mixed up his dates, he was booked in the following night.... he went off to find a hotel. I actually felt quite sorry for him.

We spent our last night in Malvern at the Colwall Park Hotel in order to break the very long drive back to Cornwall (mostly Motorway and very tedious). The hotel was charming if rather in need of a bit of refreshment to the decor. Do not go there if you don't like dogs.... it was full of every variety, some of the cutest pooches I've seen amongst them. We ate in the bar, I had a spring risotto that would have fed an army, and J had a slow cooked rump of lamb that he said was possibly the best he'd ever eaten.

I have kept up with all the posts, but writing stuff on my phone has been beyond me I'm afraid!

Anyway, congratulations to Mr Pixels for his HS and to all the others who've got them whilst I was away!

Have a fun Monday all...

Morning all on this grey overcast day.

Warning - long post, but not a rant! More of a travelogue.

I'm back from our travels, which were on the whole great fun, except for my legs which were reluctant to walk as far as I'd have liked them to. 5.7 this morning, which was a bit of a relief as BG just kept climbing yesterday. We stopped off at Exeter services and got a beef baguette to share and an iced latte from Pret a manger (very easy to find the carb count online). I was surprised that my BG was 8.6 as it was a fair while after a breakfast of eggs Benedict at the Colwall park hotel near Malvern where we broke our journey. I'd only eaten one of the muffin halves and one egg, but had bolussed for 2 halves of muffin. Then BG just kept going up and up.... by dinner time (we'd got a lamb shoulder, ludicrously expensive mash potatoes and peeled carrots from M&S at the service station) BG was 21 with an up arrow. I finally twigged that I'd somehow dislodged my Omnipod. When I took it off the cannula was bent flat to the pod... so clearly that's what had happened. I changed the pod and still had to do another correction at 5am as I was 10.1.

We spent the first night in Exeter at the Mercure where we ate as we'd got a DBB deal. Food was um...."average", but we'd had a lovely cocktail on the roof of the Hotel Indigo with gorgeous views over Exeter, the Cathedral and the surrounding countryside. The room though was quite luxurious. We then went on to Taunton the next day where we thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with members of the forum - the chat never stopped! We then went to SB2015's concert which was lovely. That night we stayed in Bridgewater North Premier Inn - don't go there! As Premier Inns go that one didn't! Half the lights in the room didn't work, the internet worked for about 3 seconds at a time, the undersheet wasn't big enough for the bed. As it's situated in the middle of a business park the only place to eat was the attached pub, none too clean and staff none too happy.

On to Harrogate and the most superb apartment! Harrogate was a delight. The centre of the town is a beautiful park with the most gorgeous and prolific flowers absolutely everywhere. Tons of gorgeous restaurants. We ate in the William and Victoria wine bar (superb mussels for me and kidneys followed by Prawn Linguine for J ). The Ivy - fabulous staff, so professional and welcoming and lovely food (shepherd's pie for me - I chose it because I use their recipe for my own shepherd's pie and I wanted to see how it matched up - I have to say I judged it neck and neck. Beef tartare for J). The Fat Badger - very impressive dining room with crystal chandeliers and looooong velvet drapes. Goat's cheese panacotta with beetroot relish, followed by Ox cheek with pasta for J, and a gorgeous piece of cod on mediterranean veg for me. The West Park hotel where we both had Szechuan spiced pork fillet which was delicious. Essences tapas bar for lunch - a selection of tapas.

We visited York for the day on the train. Walked around the shambles, the market, the Minster and visited the Jorvik viking centre. Ilkley where we lunched on Steak/Frites as only the French can do in Bistrot Pierre and then went on to Bolton Abbey. The abbey brought back the memory of me, aged 7 being stung by a bee whilst picnicking by the nearby river. Richard, a volunteer at the Abbey kindly spent ages telling us it's history. A day just walking around Harrogate and visiting the pump room plus exploring the gardens. A day in Ripon where we visited the Workhouse museum which was absolutely fascinating. It's run by volunteers who are more than happy to tell you about life as it was in the Workhouse in the 18th century and even up to the 1970s. After a sandwich lunch in the Yorkshire Tea Rooms, we went on a canal boat trip and bought a delicious pork and onion relish pie and a pork and apple pie from Appleton's Pork butchers for a picnic on our journey on Saturday. Wherever we went from Tourist Info places to restaurants and museums people were so kind, friendly and spent lots of time chatting to us.

A curious thing happened on our last night. We were just watching the 6pm news in the flat with a glass of wine, when I heard some noises that sounded like they were in the flat. We went into the hall to find a chap standing there with an armful of shirts on hangers and a bag. He said "who are you, I have rented this flat tonight". We said "no, we have". He was very pleasant though and it transpired he stays there regularly so knew where the spare keys were hidden and he'd mixed up his dates, he was booked in the following night.... he went off to find a hotel. I actually felt quite sorry for him.

We spent our last night in Malvern at the Colwall Park Hotel in order to break the very long drive back to Cornwall (mostly Motorway and very tedious). The hotel was charming if rather in need of a bit of refreshment to the decor. Do not go there if you don't like dogs.... it was full of every variety, some of the cutest pooches I've seen amongst them. We ate in the bar, I had a spring risotto that would have fed an army, and J had a slow cooked rump of lamb that he said was possibly the best he'd ever eaten.

I have kept up with all the posts, but writing stuff on my phone has been beyond me I'm afraid!

Anyway, congratulations to Mr Pixels for his HS and to all the others who've got them whilst I was away!

Have a fun Monday all...
Sounds like you had a reasonably good time. You should have said you were in the area, we live only a few miles from Malvern and would have loved to have you and Julian round for coffee/tea/nibbles.

And much earlier this morning it was a 5.0 for me.

Cooler here today (22.5) so I'm gardening this afternoon, but not the strenuous kind.

Good morning - snap with @gll - 6.7 - only no meal out alas for me.

Managed to get a bit more concrete laid yesterday between showers - not expecting the same today as met office says we are at 80% risk of heavy rain. Shall be quite glad to see it, the garden is desperately dry, and I am hoping that my Imperial Dahlias will survive to actually have some flowers this year - they have had 3 years to settle in, are nearly as tall as I am, and still no blooms - just one failed bud last year. I may take to whispering threats as I walk past if they don''t manage it this autumn...

Have a good week all.

Wrote this morning and forgot to press the send butoon... must be losing the plot.

4.8 this morning.

As I had got some of my medical records in order to answer some medical questions for an annuity quote, I had a look through them at HbA1c results. I had wondered if chickenpox had triggered my immune system to attack the beta cells, but that was in 1992 (according to the notes) and the first sign of anything diabetes related was not until 2002 with an HbA1c of 71. Metformin then for almost 5 years with HbA1c steadily rising to its peak of 144 when they, thankfully, started me on insulin! It very quickly came back to more reasonable levels of mid 40s from then onwards (with little forays into low 50s). Pity someone didn’t question whether it was T1 before it peaked, but that’s water under the bridge now.

Congratulations to @MrPixels on your HS today!

Hope everyone had a good day.

Good morning - 7.7

Have a great day everyone

Morning all. 6.8.

A very dull morning. Off into town, something to take back to Markies, Darjeeling from our local tea and coffee emporium and I NEED some books, as I’m desperate. I’ve only about half a dozen on my TBR shelf and I don’t fancy any of them. I’m currently reading one on iBooks ( on which I’ve lots and also on my Kindle) but I like a real book. E Books are just for holidays. I’ll enjoy having a good old ratch today.

Have a great day.

Good morning! A 4.4 from yours truly with a fairly flat over nighters. Think my bizarre dreams are burning up the carbs - the bed id us certainly messed up.

Vampire later as DN did different blid tests to those on the request! :(

Cloudy but still too much heat in the flat! '(

Screenshot_20230912_064029_com.freestylelibre.app.gb.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning 7.2 for me today

surprised it wasn’t higher TBH having decided yesterday evening I would have “just a few“ fig roll biscuits with a cup of tea (just before bed) next thing I realised I’d ate the whole packet 🙄

I spoke to surgery yesterday (following last weeks blood test) anyway following that repeated test,
GP isn’t concerned about my liver, results are much more normal now.
Not sure if I still will get sent for the MRI scan the GP was referring me for a few weeks ago,
maybe the small changes to my diet might have helped, whilst on the phone to surgery booked asthma review and Flu-Jab so glad I phoned.

congrats on yesterdays HS @MrPixels and anybody else I’ve missed

Have a great day everyone 😎

Morning all, 6.6 here. Dawn effect has returned now the weather is cooler. Need to cat-proof the house today, and do some cleaning. Daughter’s cat is coming to stay, and it’s always embarrassing when she explores and comes out with cobwebs all over her face. Or maybe I should just leave them and get her to do the dusting for me.

Good morning everyone

My friend came over for tea yesterday and showed me some very useful keyboard stuff too. I ate like a, er, hungry thing, pizza (huge slice and lots of toppings), cake, ice cream, fruit, you name it

So this mornings readings were expected to be way off...

BG 5.5 !!!
Temp 36.4
Pulse 53
Oxy 97
BP 118/73

Off to the vampires at lunch time. I am fasting until after that to get a more sensible cholesterol reading.

Not so tired this morning too which is good

Can I encourage @ColinUK To go back into house building. I guess your supplies must be low (probably Brexit) as house awards seem to have dried up. Your skills in that area are missed (by me at least).

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

06:48 BS 9.1 So so! A Mona Lisa 🙂 Not a full smile as it IS above target range, after all!:D😉:rofl:

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

AND after bedroom door open with the fan on for a few nights, last night the door was closed & while the heater wasn’t needed last night I put it on upon waking this morning at 21 C or it won’t come on! Snuggling under my throw in bed after my wheetabix for breakfast for a few more hours before I get up properly. Thinking of getting the duvet out for the Autumn/Winter now? :confused:

Back