Group 7-day waking average?

Good moaning! Woke soaked in perspiration. Hypo! Treated and now 4.2 and rising. Can I hit a HS in two hours?

Weather - dark!

Good morning! Missed the HS as sailed straight through to a 6.4.

Diabetes/Foot Clinic/Podiatry later. Fingers crossed no transport issues as definitely needs redressing.

Weather looks promising!

@eggyg just checked the forecast for Oświęciem and here’s the UV index.
We’ll be there about 11:00-15:00 so definitely going to be slapping on that SPF50
IMG_1166.png

It's already a lovely morning here, not a cloud in sight and the forecast is for another scorcher. I was in shorts and a T-shirt yesterday, for the first time since June I think. Same again today no doubt. My appeal to the DF yesterday for more 5s paid off as I've got a more-like-normal-for-me 5.4 this morning. Thanks, DF - I owe you.

Dealer reported no issues with my car when they serviced it yesterday other than a couple of the row of bulbs in the high-level brake light not working. The rest of them are, so not a problem according to the technician (or mechanic, as they used to be called). I can have the unit replaced if I want (it's an LED unit, so that's the only option) so might ask them to do that when it goes in for its MoT next month.

Tuesday, so swim before lunch as usual. Missed out last week with us being away but hopefully I'll still manage my usual 20 lengths.

Hope it goes well at Diabetes/Foot Clinic/Podiatry @MikeyBikey

Congratulations to @freesia and @Gwynn on your HSs.

Last edited:
Skipped down from the 6 step, completely missing the 5 step and woke up at 4.5 today.

Going to try calling the pharmacy to see if they have the Libre in stock now to fill my prescription, good job I have some spare to keep me going but really need this month’s supply this week.

Congratulations @freesia and @Gwynn on your HS today!

@ColinUK - thinking of you today on your tour of Auschwitz, I expect it will be tough emotionally.

Have a good day everyone!

Well done to @freesia and @Gwynn on those special numbers. 🙂
A 5.8 for me today. It's warm and getting warmer.

Dez

Not to judge but there’s two guys on here wearing shorts and two of the women are in strapless off the shoulder dresses.

How this is “appropriate dress” when the website specifically mentions that shoulders should be covered and that men should not wear shorts is beyond me.

I’m hoping that when we get there the women and made to cover up and that the men in shorts are given over trousers or something.

Good morning. Blue sky, heat building, BG6.1.

Made a start on the concrete mixing yesterday - couldn't do much in the intense heat. A lovely day for sitting about but a short road to a deliquescing mess if working physically. Never mind - it will probably take me until the first frosts to finish the job so no point in killing myself and wasting this amazing Indian summer.

@freessia and @Gwynn congrats on HS.
@ColinUK Auschwitz visit - you are very brave - not a site which can be visited without risking serious emotional turmoil.

Wishing everyone enjoyment of the retruned summer.

Just been out to get some bananas, my it's very hot out there already!!!

Since houses seem to be in short supply at the moment, I have found a spare corner in this one. Going for a song they said!!!

68.jpg

was 10 is this morning.
Body doing its usual pushback against (probably) fluid levels in my legs. A correction with brekkie and walk about town has got me back into the 6s.

Vampire visit done. While I was in I asked reception for my test strips to be reduced from 4 pots to 2. Reception just phoned saying Dr wont do that but just order them less often. Can't win with them can ya. Issue is if you don't order often they end up being in the unavailable section online and you have to faff about phoning them to get it back on.
Oh well

@ColinUK just remember if its particularly rough, your DUK friends are in your back pocket (or wherever you keep your phone) so we are all with ya <3

Morning all.

In keeping with my current trend of being in the low 5s it's a 5.3 this bright, sunny and hot morning.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Not to judge but there’s two guys on here wearing shorts and two of the women are in strapless off the shoulder dresses.

How this is “appropriate dress” when the website specifically mentions that shoulders should be covered and that men should not wear shorts is beyond me.

I’m hoping that when we get there the women and made to cover up and that the men in shorts are given over trousers or something.
When I visited the Reclining Buddha in Bangkok we were required to dress conservatively. Of course there was a few numpties looked like they were going to a foam party in Ibiza! They got their comeuppance when they had to delve into a box outside the temple full of things that looked like they’d been worn 50 years ago!

When I visited the Reclining Buddha in Bangkok we were required to dress conservatively. Of course there was a few numpties looked like they were going to a foam party in Ibiza! They got their comeuppance when they had to delve into a box outside the temple full of things that looked like they’d been worn 50 years ago!
At the Meteora Monasteries in Greece, in the nunnery, all the women had to tie on a long wrap around skirt. To cover your legs if you’d got even a midi length skirt on, and to cover your trousers if you were so brazen as to be wearing them. In the monastery, the monks didn’t seem to mind seeing our ankles.

Well, surprisingly, it was yet another 9.3 for me today. That is 3 in a row!

I lost control of my eating last night and then didn't go to sleep because I had so much insulin in my system in dribs and drabs, as I picked at different bits of things. Found a packet of midget gems. They were naff and I didn't enjoy them at all, but that didn't stop me from eating them or keeping going back to the packet. Thankfully not too many and certainly not anywhere near the whole packet, as I would have done previously. I think I really just needed something to chew so maybe I need to invest in some chewing gum. I bought the midget gems as a hypo treatment alternative, but it really was a bad move. I have a good safe relationship with JBs. They only get used for low levels and only one or two at a time and I manage to view them as medication. I really can't seem to apply that rationale to any other sweets.
I should say that I also ate healthy food like a cheese salad and some green beans with sour cream and chive dip before I hit the Midget Gems. Think there were also 3 or 4 sesame crisp breads with butter, but I had lost control by then.

Anyway, today is a new day and I am back on the wagon. Need to get to the shops for some cream and yoghurt and olives and cheese as those will help me stay on the straight and narrow.

Congrats to @freesia and @Gwynn on your House Specials today.

Thinking of you @ColinUK and sending (((HUGS)))

Morning all, another cloudless sky and it still is
Y
7.1 this morning and it still was before lunch. Just shared 3 tapas, squid, prawns And chorizo, cod Goujons with Julian and off to see the Viking Centre. All the walking is good for me

Congratulations you HSers.

Colin you are very brave. Hugs

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, close bosom friend of the maturing sun.

Amazing what we remember from school days!
That's my favourite autumn poem. I quoted it to bf when we were walking in an Orchard on Wednesday (he'd never visited one before! I grew up with them - and hop fields - everywhere)

Good evening! 5'1 this morning.

It's been a week since I stopped my Levemir and I've had pretty decent daily graphs until now, even better than on Leve. Admittedly I was cutting down on carbs, because a) didn't have the "safety net" of my basal and b) didn't feel the need to add extra carbs to avoid going low at work, during walks, etc.

Now, here is today's graph:

IMG_20230905_184413.jpg

Probably won't shock any seasoned type 1 but I haven't had a peak like that in ages. I'm staying nicely in the 5s between meals so I think is not the time to add basal but I am wondering if I should avoid that breakfast or I would need a small bolus for it :confused:

Back