Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all on this rather dull day. Rain forecast this afternoon. Hope it picks up for tomorrow as it's the village fete and we have 6 friends coming over from town for it and afterwards we are putting on a cheeseboard and were hoping to sit in the garden.

9.8 this morning, no idea why as last night's dinner (left over chicken, braised leeks and fennel with parmesan + a fruit platter) was not terribly carby. I was sure I did enough bolus to cover it, but apparently not.

Not much on today as my dentist check-up has been cancelled so just need to go cheese shopping!

Congratulations @Gwynn again!

Hope all the sleepless get a decent nap later.

Have a good day all.

Hi, Mine was 10.6 which i don't understand. I have a libre2 sensor and according to the graph my level at 2am was around 4. Now i went to bed around 11.30pm at 5.9
Since the disappearance of Ozempic, my GP has been trying to sort me by changing doses of Humalog. It is still a work-in-progress so i'm still hopefull that we can get it settled. I just dont understand how it dips so low and then rises to about 10, all while i'm sleeping.
I do check by finger pricks at times, so i'm happy the sensor is ok
Hi there, what Humalog are you on? Is it a mixed insulin or just a bolus? It sounds to me as though you would benefit from a basal/bolus regime as you could control the fluctuations better with a proper basal. You are probably suffering from severe dawn phenomenon.

Well DSN called back.
Explained the general issues I'm having with fluid levels (oedema) and how that's affecting stuff not only day to day but even drastically within the same day and ongoing GI stuff and the impact that's having meaning I would be at 8+ fingerpricks a day just to make sensible decisions.
Results -
1) libre going on prescription. No training sessions needed, its already linked up with her team and shes happy I know how to use it effectively.
2) getting reusable pen for my fiasp (not available for abasaglar)
3) going to do a proper review in a few weeks. She's going on hols so will send something out. Also gives time for libre data to be there for her.
Now its time to go shed some tears of relief!

Last edited:
Well DNS called back.
Explained the general issues I'm having with fluid levels (oedema) and how that's affecting stuff not only day to day but even drastically within the same day and ongoing GI stuff and the impact that's having meaning I would be at 8+ fingerpricks a day just to make sensible decisions.
Results -
1) libre going on prescription. No training sessions needed, its already linked up with her team and shes happy I know how to use it effectively.
2) getting reusable pen for my fiasp (not available for abasaglar)
3) going to do a proper review in a few weeks. She's going on hols so will send something out. Also gives time for libre data to be there for her.
Now its time to go shed some tears of relief!
So pleased/relieved for you Lou! (((HUGS)))

Good news is that my reader which I lost in the garden and then found a very rainy month later, literally full of water, has miraculously recovered from the ordeal.
I can’t believe that. How lucky are you. Your poor couscous though!
I think you need one of those plastic holders that you hang round your neck and put your phone/valuables in when you’re on the beach. :rofl:
Here you are!

Attachments

• IMG_3701.png
    IMG_3701.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 10
If I ever went for an afternoon nap the ribbing I'd get from my wife and our two boys would be merciless...................
I take a nap almost every work day. Split shifts are a pain in the... sleep schedule :D

I take a nap almost every work day. Split shifts are a pain in the... sleep schedule :D
I will nap if my body flags and if not my hubby would not live with me. It is rare but yes I think mine goes back to doing different shifts from the usual 9-5 norm.
Sleep is healthy if you can sleep I always think my body needs it.

Good morning, 6.3 and my numbers are doing well apart from in the evening but I am getting fever so that would increase my numbers. I am on day 3 or 4 of Covid and think I am over the worst.
I hope everyone is doing well.

Good morning 5.7 it is definitely going in the right direction. Although I woke with an awful headache then it cleared after a drink of tonic water. The 5.7 is after the drink.
I was sore all day yesterday so could be this weather, as rain affects my arthritis. However, the headache has been the shortest lasting, I really thought it might be that my liver had dumped more sugar again. However. the 5.7 says differently. I can never say what my sugar is by the way I feel. The last time I felt hypo it was 10 which might have been the initial drop but when I was 3.7 all I felt was hungry before the meal. In fact, it was nice to have a rumbly tummy for once.
The main thing is I am coping with the diet and the medication.
So different to Metformin for me yet it is doing the same thing I guess.

Good morning, 6.3 and my numbers are doing well apart from in the evening but I am getting fever so that would increase my numbers. I am on day 3 or 4 of Covid and think I am over the worst.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Oh not good you have caught Covid, not had that but yes the fever could change your bs. I wish you better and am glad to read you are over the worst. Have a better day and hope you have a good weekend and things keep improving for you.

Oh not good you have caught Covid, not had that but yes the fever could change your bs. I wish you better and am glad to read you are over the worst. Have a better day and hope you have a good weekend and things keep improving for you.
Thanks! I appreciate your positive thoughts. I am feeling hopeful I will be back on my feet by Monday.

7.3 with a drift down all night. Had pasta for tea so was managing that until 1am. Split my bolus but still took a 3rd to finish it off. 'Twas yummy though 😛
I suppose I was a bit defiant last night. Dexcom transmitter ends today and back to libre later on where DSN sees all (and will be looking). Got the pasta itch out the way before then :rofl:.

I think a trip into town is on the cards, Son is working away next week again and needs some supplies so we will both go out and hopefully have time to grab a coffee together.

Have a great day whatever you get up to x

Morning all. 7.5 not bad after pub dinner last night. Have a good day x

Back