Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning. 6.5. It's no good - I'll have to get back to under 20gms carbs. Just so bored with meat.

Yesterday wasn't as bad as expected by the Met Office. Managed to get quite a lot of prunings burned. Wind break and rose bed now tidy.

Had a rant at the topper supplier and the manufacturer. Supposed to be calling me back with a solution- but no missed calls. I pointed out with some severity that "top of the range" did not mean "heap of junk" whilst still under warranty...Needless to say the Hinda engine is superb - its the Bristish bits which have failed. I do despair over our countries decline. As for our current PM's idea of Net Zero being supported by massive relase of North Sea fossil fuel sites, well I am running out of rude words.

A brisk breeze this morning so, if the rain holds off, should finish the great tidy up. Am planning on setting a few cuttings of deutzia. Don't know if they will go but worth a try - some in pots some in air layering balls. Once all is tidy I can make a start on the sandstone wall. Thursday is bone scan - hope the determined exercising and calcium,vit D3 etc are holding them together. At least the latest flare is over so I am getting about pretty well.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Glad to hear @ColinUK Mum doing OK. GTN spray very useful but watch out for side effect of banging headache - not everyone gets it but if she does its a bit of a balancing act as to which is worse.

Morning folks. 🙂 3.6 here - Libre was obviously taking the night off cos I didn't get an alarm, ho hum. :confused:

I'm building myself up for cleaning the bathroom after lunch. It's a bit like a Carry On film in there - it isn't filthy, just mildly grubby. 😛

Fingers and toes crossed your insulin arrives today @freesia.

That to me says your confident coping with this. Have a brilliant day. Well done 🙂
That is so funny. I was actually trying to think of the words to that prayer from Sixth Sense film where the little boy is in despair and crying out to the Lord. That's really tickled me. :rofl: Thank you for best wishes. 🙂

I did ask for help and the jist of the reply was stop messing about and be sensible and do low carb and don't feel the need to explain to family or anyone so that's what I'm doing. Also don't you think He's got better things to do. I feel much easier in my mind now. 7.4 @ 7.44am despite the Kraft cheese slice butties and the chocolate trifle etc. Hee I'm still tickled. Have a great day all. :rofl:

Morning folks. 🙂 3.6 here - Libre was obviously taking the night off cos I didn't get an alarm, ho hum. :confused:

I'm building myself up for cleaning the bathroom after lunch. It's a bit like a Carry On film in there - it isn't filthy, just mildly grubby. 😛

Fingers and toes crossed your insulin arrives today @freesia.
Ooh err missus! :rofl:

Morning

8.1 this morning but in the grips of this cold, day 6 and still getting worse, chest is tighter, now have a fever, and generally feeling sorry for myself and eating too many carbs as comfort. Anyway seeing the nurse tomorrow anyway so will talk to her about this cold.

@ColinUK - pleased to hear mum is doing well.

@MrPixels - congratulations on the HS

Morning all on another mixed day. Mainly grey, but some patches of blue

11.3 this morning and what a blooming nightmare of a day yesterday was. Libre started playing up, saying I was 2.9 when I didn't feel hypo and blood test said 7.5. Hoped it would settle, and maybe it did, but I kept on soaring into the high teens after that and lobbing in insulin to no effect. Pod change was due at 8:30pm so I duly did that and things got worse, soaring again after a fairly low carb dinner. I was blaming everything, including the chest infection that's still thriving. So it then occurred to me that the insulin vial was one I'd travelled to Corfu with. So ripped the pod off and put a fresh one on with a fresh vial (mind you - that had also been to Corfu with me too). This morning I was quite relieved to see 11.3 but I'm running out of pods and not really due to have more yet. Will have to battle with Insulet AND Abbot re the sensor I also ripped off.... sigh!

Hoping @freesia has got her insulin today... also I need Apidra and it sounds like there's some sort of shortage?

@MrPixels congrats on your HS - you do seem to get them rather regularly!

@ColinUK glad to hear mum is OK and hoping there's some meds she can have. A friend just got diagnosed with Angina after an angioplasty yesterday. They have discharged her with no meds.

Meeting friends in town this afternoon - hope rain keeps off as there's no shelter at our bus stop.

Have a good day all..

Well! Didn’t quite need JB’s but soup, particularly the pretty thin smooth Heinz Chicken soup, on its own isn’t a good idea for any meal for me now! It’s liquid carbs that raises me up very high before NR gets up to speed then, drops very fast! Cooked a hurried lunch, carb free breakfast fry up, & ate it with 48NR just 5 minutes shy of 4 hours after NR on BS 5.7 diagonal down arrow! 😱

The soup sent me up to 16’s pretty fast & then started dropping pretty fast as well! May try different chunky home made, whether I actually make it or not, type soups with wheaten bread, a Northern Irish tpye wholemeal bread without baking powder, that’s a lower GI than white bread: I like wheaten bread as well; just never ate much of it as it’s got a bit of sugar in it & tastes sweeter than plain bread? :confused:

Just look at steep hill the soup made:-

IMG_1254.png

New week’s shopping tomorrow & I’ll cook more carb free protein meals now that I know I won’t hypo! 🙂

Good morning
I’m kicking off a new month with 5.2
It was when I first woke
so I’m shouting it as my waking reading today (even if it was 5am)

as @Gwynn would’ve said
Ive had TBT yesterday and the day before with 5.1 then 5.3
so was great to see the HS pop up today

congratulations on your HS @MrPixels
and glad to read yesterday went well for @ColinUK your Mum

currently
I’m on hold (and have been for the last hour)
trying to get through to B&Q on the phone
it’s quite terrible and annoying music,
but at least every 30 seconds I get a message of apology, they are extreme busy,
they are sorry that I’m still waiting,
and keep reassuring me that they will be with me soon ….:confused:

I’m wondering if August will bring some summer weather back to us ?
Have a great day everybody 😎

Morning all. Didn't post yesterday as I was unable. It was 10 8 but as of from 3am was hit with the worse case of sickness and diarrhoea I've ever experienced in my life really bad cramps in both thighs calf's and ankles.. Don't think I'd eaten anything different than normal. Well I hadn't.. Might be a bug . Couldn't even get down the stairs to go to toilet. Couldn't hold it in also happened on bottom stair Luckily it was just water steam cleaned it later on . Took the dog out last night and had to find some bushes . Anyways had a night where I was ok Apart from the cramps . Drank plenty of water.. My time in range dropped from 99 % to 17 % .Was 14 and 16 yesterday afternoon. Took 10 units of insulin. Dropped down to 5.2 .was 10 .5 this morning Had an apple for tea feta salad for dinner and two scotch pancakes for breakfast Sorry about the gory details . Hope everyone is doing well and have a good day folks

Good morning - 5.7 at 8:00

Wifi had been down since Sunday - it’s affecting almost a 20 mile radius - rats apparently chewed through some important cables 😱

Have a good day everyone

Good morning, 5'2 today. Houses welcome 😉

We had a regular guest over this weekend. She is my favourite, lovely woman, she knows most members of staff by name and leaves fantastic tips, often with a personal note. Now we have a very different regular. Pretends to be friendly but then complains to the CEO, is always moaning about something and is openly racist. One would hope if he is not happy with the service he would choose a different hotel...but here he is again 🙄

Very happy with a 5.3 this morning and a lovely flat horizontal line overnight so my increase of 2 units of Levemir for a dose of 4units was a good call. I also took it a lot earlier than bedtime which I think helped.
I had a bad day yesterday food wise. I just stuffed my face all day and having just totted them up from my log book... I injected Fiasp 19 times yesterday either as bolus doses or corrections. mostly 2 or 3 units each time as I found something else to eat. Remarkably, despite all that stacked insulin, I was in target almost the whole day apart from a teeny tiny dip into the red at 10.30pm, so I am goin to congratulate myself on managing my diabetes really well even if I failed to control my eating! Got to find the positives somewhere 🙄 I dread to think how many calories I ate as there was a lot of cheese to try to sate me interspersed with the carbier stuff that needed insulin, but I just kept craving and eating. Hopefully I will get things back in check today and be happily sitting securely on the low carb wagon again. Felt really rough this morning when I woke up and can only blame what I ate.

Congrats to @MrPixels and @goodybags on your House Specials this morning.

@Colin g Really sorry to hear you have been so ill. That must have been awful. Hope you are over the worst now and starting to feel better soon.

@freesia Keeping fingers crossed you get your insulin today. So unfortunate that it happened whilst on holiday as I imagine it has taken a significant edge off your enjoyment and relaxation.

@ColinUK So pleased your Mam is OK after her surgery.

@MikeyBikey Keeping everything crossed for your podiatry appointment today. I am hoping the cooler weather will be helping it a little bit. Congrats on your Unicorn!

And on this bright, sunny and cloudless morning, it was a 5.7 for me at 08.35 when I woke after having
a very very difficult job getting off to sleep last night.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Last edited:
Here’s a house for all the recent HS folks I’ve missed. I’m hoping you can maybe share. There’s 25,000 acres plus an additional 500 acre farm and 21 bedroom suites not counting the two staff cottages and the eight further cottages dotted around the place.

And there’s a pheasantry. And deer park.

IMG_1022.jpeg

Good morning. 6.5. It's no good - I'll have to get back to under 20gms carbs. Just so bored with meat.

Yesterday wasn't as bad as expected by the Met Office. Managed to get quite a lot of prunings burned. Wind break and rose bed now tidy.

Had a rant at the topper supplier and the manufacturer. Supposed to be calling me back with a solution- but no missed calls. I pointed out with some severity that "top of the range" did not mean "heap of junk" whilst still under warranty...Needless to say the Hinda engine is superb - its the Bristish bits which have failed. I do despair over our countries decline. As for our current PM's idea of Net Zero being supported by massive relase of North Sea fossil fuel sites, well I am running out of rude words.

A brisk breeze this morning so, if the rain holds off, should finish the great tidy up. Am planning on setting a few cuttings of deutzia. Don't know if they will go but worth a try - some in pots some in air layering balls. Once all is tidy I can make a start on the sandstone wall. Thursday is bone scan - hope the determined exercising and calcium,vit D3 etc are holding them together. At least the latest flare is over so I am getting about pretty well.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Glad to hear @ColinUK Mum doing OK. GTN spray very useful but watch out for side effect of banging headache - not everyone gets it but if she does its a bit of a balancing act as to which is worse.
so i need to be under 20 g of carbs to get low result. can you tell me how its done ?

Here’s a house for all the recent HS folks I’ve missed. I’m hoping you can maybe share. There’s 25,000 acres plus an additional 500 acre farm and 21 bedroom suites not counting the two staff cottages and the eight further cottages dotted around the place.

And there’s a pheasantry. And deer park.

View attachment 26975
And if you like.... I will come and move in with you and provide carriage drives around the grounds so that you can enjoy your beautiful estate as it was meant to be enjoyed. That drive up to the front door just begs for horses and carriage.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! A day of mistakes today! :(

Here I am madly scrambling two hours after lunch to keep my BS up! Hindsight, too late as the case always is, tells me I should have reduced the NR because there was probably some residual NR left from breakfast! Ah well! Put that down to experience! Now BS is back up in the 6’s after a cup of tea & a biscuit & another biscuit to keep it above 5! Sensor stopped working there for a bit which was probably just as well as when it came back it was reading higher than fingertips but, have to remember when it comes to quickly changing BS fingertips is more accurate than libre!

4 hours of NR isn’t up until 14:20. But, can leave it another bit, 13:20, & keep testing every 30 minutes to keep an eye on things! Shortbread is tasting disgustingly sweet! A Green Puking Urgh! emoji!

I just have to take each day & each situation at a time! 🙄

DEFINITELY MUST REDUCE NR for dinner later!

Ah! There we are, 13:20 libre BS 7.0…..pause for fingertip although they’re getting closer to each other now…..BS 7.2. Leave it for an hour, maybe? :confused:

Back