Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone. Finally a bit more of a settled night, graph under 10 all night. Woke on 8.1. Still a bit higher than I’d like but I’m happy I’m nearly back to my normal.

Busy day entertaining the three grandkids yesterday. With such a big age gap, 10, 5 and 2 it’s difficult to do something they all enjoy. Hide and seek in the garden is a favourite, and poor Mr Eggy copped for that one whilst I made a courgette, lemon and ginger cake and did the washing. Not half as energetic!

Had a decent night’s sleep but still feel whacked, just a pootling day for me, a bit ironing and a bit cooking, and of course a bit reading. Mr Eggy is hoping the weather isn’t as inclement as it’s forecast so he can do more of Project Greenhouse.

@rebrascora good luck today.
@ColinUK all good things must come to an end, but in the grand scheme of things 5.1 and 5.2 are the same in the world of D, so still big congratulations on being such a well controlled diabetic.
@harbottle well done on obtaining the coveted optimum waking number.
@Nayshiftin congratulations on your brilliant week and your discipline regarding your diet. Remember, it’s a marathon not a sprint.

Have a super Saturday as we hurtle our way towards August! Wow that means it’s almost Strictly time!

Good morning everyone. Finally a bit more of a settled night, graph under 10 all night. Woke on 8.1. Still a bit higher than I’d like but I’m happy I’m nearly back to my normal.

Busy day entertaining the three grandkids yesterday. With such a big age gap, 10, 5 and 2 it’s difficult to do something they all enjoy. Hide and seek in the garden is a favourite, and poor Mr Eggy copped for that one whilst I made a courgette, lemon and ginger cake and did the washing. Not half as energetic!

Had a decent night’s sleep but still feel whacked, just a pootling day for me, a bit ironing and a bit cooking, and of course a bit reading. Mr Eggy is hoping the weather isn’t as inclement as it’s forecast so he can do more of Project Greenhouse.

@rebrascora good luck today.
@ColinUK all good things must come to an end, but in the grand scheme of things 5.1 and 5.2 are the same in the world of D, so still big congratulations on being such a well controlled diabetic.
@harbottle well done on obtaining the coveted optimum waking number.
@Nayshiftin congratulations on your brilliant week and your discipline regarding your diet. Remember, it’s a marathon not a sprint.

Have a super Saturday as we hurtle our way towards August! Wow that means it’s almost Strictly time!
oh oh we have Strictly love in common.
oh that is something to get me to Christmas.
Thank you for your encouragement re diet. Hmm my legs hurt too much for a marathon . However the tortoise got there. So might a beached whale lol. lol
Great your having fun with grandchildren . oh cake hmmm sounds really lovely.
Good your BS moving in good direction . Have good week end

Morning all. After yesterdays HS i'm ashamed to post a 13 for this morning, the result of over treating a hypo before bed. It quickly dropped to 4.3 though, a massive drop and i only had yoghurt for breakfast.

@harbottle congrats on the HS

oh oh we have Strictly love in common
Counting down to Strictly. We usually have a separate thread to discuss it when it starts so keep a look out.

There's a big earth bank behind our back garden, they took up residence there and were all over our back garden eating windfalls from the vines when we got back from holiday last September. Ordinary rat poison is useless....the EHO told us to go to the farm shop and get a product called "sapphire". It comes in blister pack type things like washing machine pods. We watched them go for it, sitting eating it up - within 24 hours not a rat to be seen and we've not seen any since.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15537897...6&customid=CsWXeWkYAAAA12qYRjSY5mnzRjkwAAAAAA
Thanks - if my current stuff doesn't work I'll give it a go. I keep getting them cleared out and then a new lot move in as it is such a desirable area - safe place with food delivered every day!

Morning all. After yesterdays HS i'm ashamed to post a 13 for this morning, the result of over treating a hypo before bed. It quickly dropped to 4.3 though, a massive drop and i only had yoghurt for breakfast.

@harbottle congrats on the HS
i guess the insulin helps the drop. I am finding yoghurt is making mine rise. Greek style from milkman. Longley farm. Maybe i need to buy a better yoghurt?

Congratulations to @harbottle on the HS. I'm joining today's near missers with a 5.1. 🙂

Dez

Good morning, today a tad higher BS 8.1
most likely explained by what I ate yesterday evening

congratulations on the HS @harbottle

have a wonderful weekend all 😎

Morning all - sun shining and hope it stays that way for the wedding.

9.1 this morning. Cannot blame the food I ate last night, which was salt and pepper squid and a vegetable stir fry with just a splash of sesame oil. However, I was high before that as we'd been making jam and I'd been tasting it. Only 7 jars of apple and ginger from 4 kilos of apples :(

Only this morning remembered that my navy handbag was stolen out of the car last year along with my navy shoes, so as it's too late to shop, I have a choice of cream of grey bags to go with my navy and white dress. I doubt anyone will notice as all eyes will naturally be on the bride.

@TinaD hope your raticide goes well.

@pawprint91 I ensure my needles have the cap on and are well wrapped up and throw them in the general rubbish. Strictly speaking they aren't clinical waste, it's just the needle on the end of the syringe that I use to extract insulin from the vial and fill the pod. So they have not been used for an injection. I bring used pods home in my suitcase as they go back to Insulet to be burnt to fuel their factory (or so we are told - at any rate they pay the postage). Fabulous pics by the way and glad you had such a lovely time!

@harbottle many congratulations on your HS lack of metformin notwithstanding.

Have a super saturday all.

Morning all

And it's a happy 5.3 for me on this sunny but very windy morning.

i guess the insulin helps the drop. I am finding yoghurt is making mine rise. Greek style from milkman. Longley farm. Maybe i need to buy a better yoghurt?
No reason why any other yoghurt would be better than the Longley Farm as they are similar carbs per 100g of 4.6g, maybe it is what you are having with it. Is the rise a lot.

No reason why any other yoghurt would be better than the Longley Farm as they are similar carbs per 100g of 4.6g, maybe it is what you are having with it. Is the rise a lot.
took 2 tbs this morning with 2 brazil nuts and 4 blueberries. . So that works. Just need to eat like this smaller portions. Either that or its my coffee . with whipping cream. 6.8 to 8 .6 I will allow but not to 10.2 . I was told id be allowed 100g of yoghurt plus berries n nuts.

Morning all 4 1 for me this morning. Caught it Just in time . Had some dark chocolate last night for a treat . Took 4 units of insulin. Midnight High alarm went off at 11.4 .Took another 2 units . Dropped it down . Well it was sunny up here . Not now looks like we're going to get some rain . Hope everyone is doing well and have a good day folks

I find that Yeo Valley organic Greek style live yoghurt doesn’t move my levels any significant amount at all. The actual Greek ones in the round tubs always do. Yet they’re all just plain yogurts with the same live cultures with zero difference on the nutrition labels.

Back