Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 6.. 5 for me this morning. Was 100% in range till tea time yesterday. Got in at 6 pm after good walk with dog sugars dropped rapidly from a 5.9 to a 3.2 Might have overdone it a bit with jelly babies and other stuff . Wasn't long before it shot up to 12 .Had tea and took extra insulin to compensate. Soon dropped down to reasonable levels Been ok all-night Hope everyone is doing well and have a good day folks

And it was a 4.8 for me earlier this fine sunny morning.

Have a good day folks and stay safe.

Morning all - grey and drizzling. Yesterday it was very very hot by lunchtime and I dozed in the garden for an hour or so, but then it was too hot and I came indoors for a while... went out again late afternoon. - cannot waste good weather!

9.3 after a better night's sleep, though coughing woke me every hour or so. Woke coughing up nasty stuff at 9:45 so rang the Doc this morning and am to see the nurse early afternoon to see if I need antibiotics. Should be attending a village fete meeting at 6:30 but have sent apologies as somewhat selfishly I don't want to share my germs.

The monkey discussion reminds me of an incident where I went to a safari park with mum and dad. Too many cars and whilst we were stationary 2 monkeys jumped on the bonnet and proceeded to mate. My mum shoved the sunday paper at dad saying "John, John, cover the windscreen, don't let the child see this!". I was 24 at the time & had left home and been working as an airline stewardess for 2 years!

Congratulations @Gwynn and @ColinUK on your HSs. @ColinUK you rock, this is becoming a habit that puts the rest of us to shame!

@eggyg hope you are feeling better today and can enjoy your lovely break.

@freesia - typical to get a cold just as you can relax. Lots of hugs and hope it comes to nothing.

Morning all - grey and drizzling. Yesterday it was very very hot by lunchtime and I dozed in the garden for an hour or so, but then it was too hot and I came indoors for a while... went out again late afternoon. - cannot waste good weather!

9.3 after a better night's sleep, though coughing woke me every hour or so. Woke coughing up nasty stuff at 9:45 so rang the Doc this morning and am to see the nurse early afternoon to see if I need antibiotics. Should be attending a village fete meeting at 6:30 but have sent apologies as somewhat selfishly I don't want to share my germs.

The monkey discussion reminds me of an incident where I went to a safari park with mum and dad. Too many cars and whilst we were stationary 2 monkeys jumped on the bonnet and proceeded to mate. My mum shoved the sunday paper at dad saying "John, John, cover the windscreen, don't let the child see this!". I was 24 at the time & had left home and been working as an airline stewardess for 2 years!

Congratulations @Gwynn and @ColinUK on your HSs. @ColinUK you rock, this is becoming a habit that puts the rest of us to shame!

@eggyg hope you are feeling better today and can enjoy your lovely break.

@freesia - typical to get a cold just as you can relax. Lots of hugs and hope it comes to nothing.
It’s probably going to change with the new sensor coming online later today though so don’t be too jealous!

Morning all. :D 6.8 this morning.

It's a lovely day here - hot with a cool breeze. Not much on the cards - I've done my hour's clearing outside (it's a jungle, but I'm determined to get access to the apricot trees - I can see them, but there's bramble hell to clear before I can get to them). o_O 🙂

Not caught up with any posts yet, but it was a whopping 12.9 for me this morning because Lidl had a tub of Morrocan Hummus on the reduced counter (just 38p) last night when I was shopping and I love it and just couldn't resist..... but of course it is chickpeas and my diabetes does not love them as much as my digestive system does. I injected 6 units up front which should be more than enough but the last 4 hours of sleep my levels just climbed and climbed and I must have slept through the high alarm, so that has fettled my 7 day TIR stats! 🙄 At least it has balanced out the below range stats a bit. 91% in range with 5% above and 4% below looks much better than 0% above and 7% below😱.

Pleased to report we are doing tandem at the Border Union show at Kelso and pairs at Durham so 2 different carriages and 2 different sets of harness. Phew. It will still be a long challenging weekend, but at least the cleaning can wait until the following week.

Good afternoon. Breezy and sunny but deluge tomorrow apparently.

6.3 @ 5.27am 🙂 I'll go up tomorrow as I had toast for breakfast, couldn't face just eggs, but I've got it under control... honest. Have a good day all.

Oh typical! First day of the holidays and i'm sneezing, headache, i feel really fuzzy headed. Cold capsules here i come...
Wishing you better

Sorry haven't posted in a few days.

Numbers been pretty meh. mostly around 8-10 as my baseline but been sniffly and sneezy so on the fence about bumping basal up. Not terribly active with very low energy too which I'm certain isn't helping too.

More blood results are in, just some of them given verbally on the phone to reception, still need a print out to compare.
Iron has taken a massive hit and is now official low but some of my other stuff has come back to the grumbling levels that probably put me back in the holding pattern of blood test after blood test to monitor until haematology come back to me. I am assuming iron is relating to the extreme period I had but still could be tied up with GI issues (last stool sample test was neg for blood tho about 2 months ago). Nothing from gastroenterology either.
Drs appointment is end of next week.
Cant wait to get to the bottom of all of these issues 🙄

Plodding on and need to get into town tomorrow for print outs of results and go to the cobblers to see if they can mend my backpack (myabetic one) but times up for today so will have to be tomorrow.

Will try and play catchup on the last few days posts <3

5.9 this morning for me. Hectic day started with taking my wife to work so that I could have the car at home for Chipsaway to do a repair on the wheel arch paintwork, which went well so that’s all sorted now!

Heavy rain after that when I had to drive back to pick up my wife at the end of the day. Safely back now, both eaten and about to watch some episodes of Chicago Med to chill out a bit.

Oh, and to cheer us up with the rain we had a credit from Octopus to our account of £30 for the last 30 days of electricity export, that coupled with using solar instead of importing from the grid meant our net bill for the month was only about £1.40 in total. Well pleased with that😎

Congratulations @ColinUK and @Gwynn on your HS‘s today.

Sorry , thats good . Im using that to really feel better that mine is higher but some say metformin helps but is not a BS lower as such.
I just want mine down but apologise for using you as an example. i just want the 5.2 too but at 7.8 its a long way to go.
If you start to compare what you get with others who may be on a variety of medications and dietary regimes or be a longer way down the road than you are in making lifestyle changes, then you are going to feel disappointed. Use those morning reading for long term monitoring of your progress. You are still a new in your regime and it will take time and as we have been saying it is kinder on your body to reduce levels slowly.
Many will only see as low as in the 5s by being on medication and some may never because of that Foot on the Floor or Dawn Phenomenon which you can do nothing about.

If you start to compare what you get with others who may be on a variety of medications and dietary regimes or be a longer way down the road than you are in making lifestyle changes, then you are going to feel disappointed. Use those morning reading for long term monitoring of your progress. You are still a new in your regime and it will take time and as we have been saying it is kinder on your body to reduce levels slowly.
Many will only see as low as in the 5s by being on medication and some may never because of that Foot on the Floor or Dawn Phenomenon which you can do nothing about.
So its not my fault ?

I understand diet and weight make fir Type 2 diabetes but not for everyone as skinny folk have it too.
I understand type one having to count carbs snd using insulin to mimic insulin their bodies do not produce for themselves . So carb equal how much insulin etc.
However i get carbs are converted to sugar but i cannot go lower as I've given up all i can .
I just dont understand why it is rising.
Its too complex for me.

I understand diet and weight make fir Type 2 diabetes but not for everyone as skinny folk have it too.
I understand type one having to count carbs snd using insulin to mimic insulin their bodies do not produce for themselves . So carb equal how much insulin etc.
However i get carbs are converted to sugar but i cannot go lower as I've given up all i can .
I just dont understand why it is rising.
Its too complex for me.
I suspect you are looking over too short a time scale, look week to week rather than every day.
Without going back through all your morning reading posts it is hard to see the rises you say you are seeing. They may all be within the accuracy of the monitor anyway.

I suspect you are looking over too short a time scale, look week to week rather than every day.
Without going back through all your morning reading posts it is hard to see the rises you say you are seeing. They may all be within the accuracy of the monitor anyway.
Yes can be but I know from taking reading not
just as sone do before and after food but when i feel good n bad. Certainly when i thought i was Hypo it was the exact opposite. i was clammy sweaty n felt I was passing out. Once i made it to my bed and took reading it was 10 so tgats not a Hypo.
Sometimes i get angry and fidgety for no reason n i can be low around 6.4 which for me is low but i can eat and two hours later its lower around 5 8 and I feel fine.
Its never gone above ten since i went low carb but 5.6 I thinks the lowest in the day.
on f2 f though its really above 6 and 7.5 yesterday 7.8 this morning could be as you say just readings . but still not 5.2 .
However lets wait until Sunday.
Then look overall.
i don't know if a libra is worth buying as what do i do.
I'm not taking anything to lower it and I'm not taking anything if it goes higher.
So for me it would just give me a graph and not sure it would not make me more a failure.
I just want rid of this…
Did you feel like this too?
Perhaps its a bad day.

just as sone do before and after food but when i feel good n bad. Certainly when i thought i was Hypo it was the exact opposite. i was clammy sweaty n felt I was passing out. Once i made it to my bed and took reading it was 10 so tgats not a Hypo.
Sometimes i get angry and fidgety for no reason n i can be low around 6.4 which for me is low but i can eat and two hours later its lower around 5 8 and I feel fine.
Its never gone above ten since i went low carb but 5.6 I thinks the lowest in the day.
on f2 f though its really above 6 and 7.5 yesterday 7.8 this morning could be as you say just readings . but still not 5.2 .
Then look overall.
I'm not taking anything to lower it and I'm not taking anything if it goes higher.
So for me it would just give me a graph and not sure it would not make me more a failure.
I just want rid of this…
Perhaps its a bad day.
It can be a bad day, and is normal that some days it all feels too much. In my experience it does get easier, but you can get a bad day at any point of the journey. I can't get rid of diabetes, unfortunately, but to be honest it doesn't bother me much these days. Became part of the routine!

As other have mentioned, do the best you can and give some more time for results to improve. Morning readings especially tend to take a while to come down. Oh, and don't get stuck on the HS (aka 5'2) idea. Yes, it's a very good result and we have a bit of fun in the forum congratulating people and gifting metaphorical houses...but there is no magic about it, is no better than a 4'9 or a 5'7, and no one gets a 5'2 everyday. Don't let @ColinUK recent spell confuse you! 😉

Regarding Libre, I wouldn't recommend it at the moment because the data might worry more than help you. But I'm not a professional.

It can be a bad day, and is normal that some days it all feels too much. In my experience it does get easier, but you can get a bad day at any point of the journey. I can't get rid of diabetes, unfortunately, but to be honest it doesn't bother me much these days. Became part of the routine!

As other have mentioned, do the best you can and give some more time for results to improve. Morning readings especially tend to take a while to come down. Oh, and don't get stuck on the HS (aka 5'2) idea. Yes, it's a very good result and we have a bit of fun in the forum congratulating people and gifting metaphorical houses...but there is no magic about it, is no better than a 4'9 or a 5'7, and no one gets a 5'2 everyday. Don't let @ColinUK recent spell confuse you! 😉

Regarding Libre, I wouldn't recommend it at the moment because the data might worry more than help you. But I'm not a professional.
Thank you.

Then look overall.
I just want rid of this…
Perhaps its a bad day.
You can see from this that the variation you may be seeing when looking day to day may well be no more than the allowed variation in the allowed accuracy of the monitor. Look at your readings in the context of the table below.
BG meter accuracy
It can be quite disconcerting for members new to self monitoring of blood glucose to get different results from BG readings taken close together, even when carefully following manufacturers guidance (washing hands etc). All meters for sale in the UK should comply with the following ISO standards 95% of the time, which allows a degree of variation (and 5% of results can read anything at all). If in any doubt, or if a reading doesn’t match how you are feeling, you should check again with a fresh strip.

Permitted blood glucose meter variation, upper and lower bounds, from range of BG results

01:14 BS 8.1 So so! 🙂

A Very Good Morning, still the middle of the night for me 🙄:rofl:, to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Still a bit too much NR taken off dinner dose but, I did wake on more less what I went to bed on, 8.2, so, basal is right at 78 tresiba! 🙂 I did better this time & asking for just a mmol or two lower, I suppose, is being greedy? 😉:D Now let’s see if I guessed breakfast correctly?:confused:

Last day of sensor & I’ll put it on the inside of the other, right arm, this time. DSN applied this one to the outside of the left arm & I kept sleeping on it, when on that side: I’m a side sleeper & turn from side to side; the inside of the arm is best, for me, I think! :confused:

You CAN skip this next bit, if you want as I won’t know :rofl:, as it’s about Chinese drama TV! 😉

I haven’t posted about Chinese drama for quite some time now though, of course I’ve been watching, but, this current one, a very unusual oldie that aired in 2015, that I heard about IS indeed a VERY UNUSUAL ONE indeed especially, bearing in mind China’s censorship! 😱 It’s the most original, whacky, considering it’s cdrama that’s the net term, far out there cdrama I’ve seen & AMAZED it got past the censors!😱

It’s called “Go Princess Go!” It’s an historical, comedy, fantasy time travel bookended with a contemporary, this would of course be 2015 & why I prefer the more precise term of contemporary ie. of its time than the less precise term of modern, beginning & end, which I haven’t seen yet but, it seems that viewers loved the whole thing & hated the ending!

In 2015 a playboy bachelor Zhang Peng, is at a pool party on a rooftop skyscraper when a group of his disgruntled ex girlfriends crashes the party determined to have it out with him. He sees them coming & in his attempt to run away, knocks into another girl who knocks her head on a passing attendant’s tray of drinks & sends her into the pool unconscious. Because of this Zhang Peng is caught by his ex girlfriends & being yelled at & manhandled between them while he’s tuned them out in his head & he’s getting really concerned about the girl in the pool. He’s thinking “I’m after all a gentlemen & I can’t just stand by & watch this girl drown” so, he breaks away, dives into the pool to save the girl & is hit in the head by one of her, I’m guessing by the look of it, 8 inch platform stiletto shoes. Blood is streaming from his head & he loses consciousness. When he wakes up it’s a thousand years in the past & he’s in the body of a beautiful woman & it turns out that she, Zhang Peng Peng is the Crown Princess Consort ie. the official wife of the Crown Prince.

The Crown Prince, the designated heir to the throne is the 3rd Prince, is in love with his brother’s, the 2nd Prince, official wife who had pushed Zhang Peng Peng into a pool of water & was pulled into it as well & Qi Sheng, the CP, chose to save his sister in law first so, his wife almost drowned by the time she was pulled out!

ZP, voiced by the male actor, inside the head of ZPP, played by the leading female actress, gets all of this gossip from her maid as the Dowager Empress Grandmother is furious about this incident & is torturing Juiang Ying Yue for who gave her the idea for pushing ZPP into the pool, while both the 2nd & 3rd Princes are kneeling outside her palace on JYY’s behalf: one is her husband; the other her brother in law!

ZP who’s already tried killing himself several times in order to get back to 2015 hears that the DEG will behead whoever is behind JYY’s plot & rushes to the DEG’s palace. ZP, who wants to be beheaded, takes the blame saying that she, ZPP, was jealous of JYY & was trying to kill her but, in the struggle at the poolside they both ended up in the water & wants everyone else to be spared! The DEG lets JYY go & scolds both her grandsons: 2nd Prince for not controlling his wife better; CP 3rd Prince for coveting his brother’s wife while not appreciating his own wife’s sacrifice on his behalf & should treat her better.

So, this drama is about ZP inside the head of ZPP is trying to navigate his way through the convoluted palace & family politics as also, thrown into the mix, the 9th Prince has been in love with ZPP, his sister in law, as well!

It doesn’t take long for both the CP 3rd Prince & the 9th Prince to notice the overnight change in ZPP & ZP when interrogated by her husband tells him about coming from 2015 & the body swap BUT, NOT that he’s a man!

So, the comedy of this drama is in ZPP a beautiful woman on the outside, is really ZP a playboy man who likes beautiful women on the inside. ZP takes advantage of being the head of the CP’s harem to lust after each girl’s assets while trying to fend off his/her husband: now interested in his wife; ZP not jealous at all & practically pushes him into the arms of his mistress & told him at point blank she’s not interested in him! ZP gathers the other girls in the harem around for his “Wives Club” regular meetings basically saying “listen up girls, this is what men want & this is how you get his attention”!

It’s EXTREMELY funny & very different from any other cdrama I’ve seen. In fact in a turnaround in which popular Korean dramas, kdrama, often influence cdrama this one influenced a kdrama makeover in 2020 of a MUCH more controversial & serious drama, so I heard, “Mr. Queen” where the issues, in comedic fashion in “Go Princess Go” were taken seriously!

Last edited:
Back