Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. :D 7.1 here.

We're still getting 3 seasons in one day here - at least we're not getting wintery weather! Not much on the cards. Some Welsh, some cleaning, some clearing outside...life is good. 😛

Good morning 6.2 today
yesterday I didn’t post but was also 6.2

Congratulations on the Double House Special @ColinUK

I have my eye treatment is later today
blood tests tomorrow, then following that
have a face to face GP appointment later this week

I’m still resting the ankle (sometimes) and wearing the AirCast boot (when I’m up and about)
haven’t weighed myself but feel sure I’ve put on some weight whilst I’ve been sat around
next lot of x-rays booked for early august

have a Magnificent Monday everyone 😎

Good morning. 6.9

Managed to get some gardening done yesterday afternoon when the rain stopped and it turned relatively summery. Now have a huge pile of hedge/shrubbery clippings - weather doesn't look promising for a bonfire. Very dull and grey so far and forecast poor.

Having a hard time resisting carbs at the moment but got rid of a bucket of spuds/beans/coourgettes and eggs to a neighbour who has broken her knee. Decided to ride her horse in from the field - climbed onto gate, GG moved, fell between the two. Ouch!

Wishing everyone a good day.
Oh do be careful, you don't want to do what I did and be out of action for months.
OH is making courgette bread today to get rid of some of our glut. Not many beans yet but they are setting and are just wee little things.

Another wet and windy morning here, and a 5.8 on the finger prick.

Had planned to get my ladder out this morning and prune the tops of my 3m high conifer's but it looks like that’s not going to happen.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

Another grey Berkshire morning. It's raining already and there's no sunshine in our forecast. Yesterday's grey start turned into a lovely day though, with blue sky and sunshine despite the forecast. It didn't rain - they got that bit right - but they were completely wrong about everything else. We even managed to get four machine loads of washing dry on the line, including towels. Unfortunately they were completely right about the weather in Manchester, with the cricket washed out and the match drawn. Such a shame after the way things were poised.

Back chasing that elusive HS with a 5.1 this morning. Congrats @ColinUK on yours.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week despite Summer having gone awol.

Morning all 7.9 for me.

A bit of a frantic afternoon/evening. We found a poorly hedgehog on the road and had to ring round various wildlife rescue centres. Nearest one that could take it was 3/4 of an hour drive away, so a late tea.

Have a good day everyone.

Oh do be careful, you don't want to do what I did and be out of action for months.
OH is making courgette bread today to get rid of some of our glut. Not many beans yet but they are setting and are just wee little things.
is Courgette bread low carb ? want to steal recipe if it is

I was tempted to opt for the french onion soup and then the burger with truffled fries. But I’m learning (still) that if I do opt for those kind of meals I suffer. I did nick one of dads chips though.
No competition whatsoever for me. I'd take the souffle and sea bream any day of the week! It sounds absolutely delicious. Our nearest Cote is in Exeter, 2 hours away. We've had some brilliant meals there, but last time I had steak/frites and the steak was like shoe leather. They didn't charge us for it.

Morning all - very grey again. Yesterday after the morning's rain it turned out quite sunny. I doubt we'll see it today.

4.4 this morning, closely followed by an alarm. Half a biscuit and a Lift tablet and it shot up to 8.4 but it's now 5.4. I think I need to shave a bit off basal from 7 am.

Still coughing, croaky, snotty dose and feeling rubbish. Glad my friend didn't come for lunch as I made the worst roast dinner for 50+ years! I went to Tesco on Saturday thinking to buy stuff that would save me effort. Bought a microwaveable bag of mixed veg (carrots, broccoli and courgettes) what a mad idea.... the carrots were uncooked and the other 2 veg were overcooked. I got prepared roasties which came out leathery rather than fluffy and crispy. I put the pork on top of a bed of onions and apple slices with a splash of cider. I asked J to check it as I was up here on the computer, he said it was fine...NOT. Burnt onion and apple and cider just a black sludge. Sigh. On the bright side we turned 4 kilos of plums into 19 jars of plum and cinnamon jam.

Congratulations @ColinUK on a double HS.

@eggyg hope all goes well with Zara and there are no accidents 😉

Morning all. No reading as could not get any blood out. Various fingers and five pricks. That's enough for anybody do you think? Gave up and got up. Have a good day all. It's not raining! o_O

Morning all - very grey again. Yesterday after the morning's rain it turned out quite sunny. I doubt we'll see it today.

4.4 this morning, closely followed by an alarm. Half a biscuit and a Lift tablet and it shot up to 8.4 but it's now 5.4. I think I need to shave a bit off basal from 7 am.

Still coughing, croaky, snotty dose and feeling rubbish. Glad my friend didn't come for lunch as I made the worst roast dinner for 50+ years! I went to Tesco on Saturday thinking to buy stuff that would save me effort. Bought a microwaveable bag of mixed veg (carrots, broccoli and courgettes) what a mad idea.... the carrots were uncooked and the other 2 veg were overcooked. I got prepared roasties which came out leathery rather than fluffy and crispy. I put the pork on top of a bed of onions and apple slices with a splash of cider. I asked J to check it as I was up here on the computer, he said it was fine...NOT. Burnt onion and apple and cider just a black sludge. Sigh. On the bright side we turned 4 kilos of plums into 19 jars of plum and cinnamon jam.

Congratulations @ColinUK on a double HS.

@eggyg hope all goes well with Zara and there are no accidents 😉
wish you better.

is Courgette bread low carb ? want to steal recipe if it is
Not specifically but I only have a thin slice and I am fine with it.
Recipe is 450g courgettes (grated and sprinkled with 2 tsps salt, to extract excess water and squeezed), 75g light rye flour, 425g strong flour, 50g grated parmesan, zest 1 lime, 1tbsp olive oil, 250ml water warm, 2tsp (10g) instant yeast. Makes 1 large or 2 small loaves or would make rolls.

Not specifically but I only have a thin slice and I am fine with it.
Recipe is 450g courgettes (grated and sprinkled with 2 tsps salt, to extract excess water and squeezed), 75g light rye flour, 425g strong flour, 50g grated parmesan, zest 1 lime, 1tbsp olive oil, 250ml water warm, 2tsp (10g) instant yeast. Makes 1 large or 2 small loaves or would make rolls.
I've been researching online but hard to find one that states carb value. i might give it a miss for now but thanks. i do miss bread but not going there at the moment .

6.8 today.

Feeling tired this morning after our weekend with the grandchildren! I don’t doubt when we retire and see them more we’ll get into the swing of it. They were really good and we all enjoyed the time together, the weekend just seemed to fly by!

@ColinUK , pleased everything went well for you with your parents, the meal sounds lovely! Congratulations on your HS too!

Have a good day everyone!

@ColinUK for your HS, here’s a nice place with sea views in Victoria, Australia :

IMG_0018.jpeg

Afraid I am not fully up to date with everything here on the thread, but see that @ColinUK is showing us how it's done with House Specials, so many congrats to you and so lovely to hear about your day out with your parents. Hope your Mam is OK and it isn't shingles.

On the subject of makeup, I didn't wear any as a youngster or even well into my 30s but feel I need it now, so I am happy to join the group of scarlet ladies, although I absolutely cannot get away with red lipstick.... In fact lipstick is not my thing at all (it looks garish on me), but I need a bit of foundation and eye make up and I am trying to learn how to contour!

Anyway, it was an 8.4 for me this morning and an 8.1 at bedtime so the correction I injected didn't do much. There is a bit of slack on my washing line graph but not much. Still it is below 10 and I have 94% TIR for the last 7 days so I am happy enough with that, even if there is a naughty 5% in hypoland.

Pleased to report I am back to my trusty Libre reader and very happy to be so, although I am also keeping the LibreLink on iphone for now as still undecided about whether to go back to the Motorola. I don't like the iphone but i am slowly adapting.

Got absolutely drenched at the show yesterday. Came second or last in both classes depending upon how you look at it. We were not out of our league but the judge obviously had a preference for some things our turnout didn't have, ie a showier horse/pony but I wouldn't swap Zack for the world, so not something we can change. He did well but wasn't on top form and who can blame him on a miserable wet day after an early start and a long journey on his own. Arthur and Archie were very happy to see him back home and they all had a gallop around the field when I put him out. Ian treated me to a carvery at a local pub from the winnings which of course didn't cover petrol money but was nice to get some hot food after a long wet day and not have to start cooking. We still had the carriage to put away and I had my horses to see to afterwards and had hoped the weather would ease whilst we ate to make those tasks easier, but no, it continued to lash down, so we got soaked again, but good exercise after a big meal. The carvery meant I was able to go mostly low carb and have meat and lots of lovely veg although I confess I did have one roast potato and 2 very small thin roast parsnips. Pleased to report the veg were slightly undercooked rather than mushy or dried out as so often happens at a carvery and the meat was tasty, so it was a nice treat.

Fingers crossed the weather is better next weekend as we have 2 shows, Kelso in the Scottish Borders on the Saturday and our home show, Durham County, on the Sunday. I hope we are using two different carriages and harness as I do not fancy having to set too and try to dry and clean everything after a long day at a show on Saturday, ready for Sunday!

I've been researching online but hard to find one that states carb value. i might give it a miss for now but thanks. i do miss bread but not going there at the moment .
There are plenty of low carb corvette bread recipes online.

I’d trust this one as her recipes always work.

Back