Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all

After the first good nights sleep in what seems like ages I awoke to a 5.3 an hour ago on another wet and windy morning.

Looks like I’ll be spending yet another day in front of the box watching films.

Good morning - 7.3 at 8:00

The weather was very rainy yesterday so we went into Frome, lovely mixture of bakeries, cafes and little independent shops.

Have a great day everyone!

Yours looks like mine: hilly; mine are mountainous &, unfortunately, higher up the chart with higher readings! 🙄
I very rarely get flat lines. Yesterday was a day of trying to keep levels up while doing housework. Today will probably be higher as we will be sitting from early afternoon.

Not at all but I wouldn’t go out without my slap!
Nor me, unthinkable, but our neighbour on holiday saw me applying mascara on the balcony (better light than in the room) and commented that she had not worn make up since being a teenager (and managed to imply there was something rather disreputable about wearing it.)

House Special. A while ago, someone decided that 5.2 was the ideal waking number, not too high, not too low, and it became known as a 'House Special'
ill aim for that then

Nor me, unthinkable, but our neighbour on holiday saw me applying mascara on the balcony (better light than in the room) and commented that she had not worn make up since being a teenager (and managed to imply there was something rather disreputable about wearing it.)
more like me .Never got confident wearing it. Also allergic to a lot of it . Admire those that can. She maybe has the green eyed monster not you. Make yourself beautiful as it helps others see it too. Your not disreputable you are keeping appearances up, well groomed I wish I could.

Morning all... raining intermittently but also some sun, unlike yesterday which was dire all day.

Surprise surprise, 5.2 on waking. Though it very quickly descended to 5.0 and not long after 4.0 - so I got to enjoy half a biscuit with my morning tea.

A friend was supposed to come for lunch, but we've called it off as she has a sore throat and I'm still coughing up gunk & have no voice above a whisper + she has her family coming this week from the USA for her son's wedding, which we are also attending. So maybe I will finally get that jam made!
more like me .Never got confident wearing it. Also allergic to a lot of it . Admire those that can. She maybe has the green eyed monster not you. Make yourself beautiful as it helps others see it too. Your not disreputable you are keeping appearances up, well groomed I wish I could.
It was drummed into me when I worked for the airline. Back then we had to be groomed within an inch of our lives! I do have to wear Clinique, which is expensive but non-allergenic.
Congratulations to @ColinUK and @Robin on your HSs!Screenshot_20230723-084109.png

Congrats on the HS @Pattidevans i hope you feel better soon.

Its sunny and warm here atm, though thunderstorms are forecast.

Question: Why does my low alarm always go off within 10 minutes of me brushing me teeth?!! I always end up losing the clean, fresh feeling, replaced with sugary, sweet taste 🙄

We must be scarlet women Patti! 😉

Morning all. Still tippling down. S'nice though, had the patio door open till midnight last night watching and listening to the deluge. The cats like it too, they sit looking out.

Had a cracking lie in today so 7.2 @ 8.25am

Re ladies who doll up and wear slap... kudos. I can't be bothered myself as bone idle but I do occasionally try to look like I made an effort and smear some lippy on plus earrings, maybe once a year or if somebody takes me out. :rofl: I might have been put off by a bloke on the bus one time. He said to his mucker "Don't you just love that look, white face, red lips and black eyelashes" git. I loves that look!! I must have been Japanese in a former life. :rofl:

YAY! An extremely tired but, relieved & happy bunny! :rofl: Just got THIS part of the day right & going to sleep now with my BS doing the wee down & up routine on mid 6’s & mid 7’s!🙂

Been up since about 20:00 last night! So, routine is currently working although, still have cycle & may need to increase tresiba when it ends, at 70 tresiba, 36 NR around noon & 24 & 24 any other time for meals. Need to carb count & the amount of food a wee bit, about +2 for and/or, & FINALLY, if I get it a bit wrong don’t add corrections & wait until the next meal to add correction then with food! 🙂 & A Stream of z’s emoji!

YAY! An extremely tired but, relieved & happy bunny! :rofl: Just got THIS part of the day right & going to sleep now with my BS doing the wee down & up routine on mid 6’s & mid 7’s!🙂

Been up since about 20:00 last night! So, routine is currently working although, still have cycle & may need to increase tresiba when it ends, at 70 tresiba, 36 NR around noon & 24 & 24 any other time for meals. Need to carb count & the amount of food a wee bit, about +2 for and/or, & FINALLY, if I get it a bit wrong don’t add corrections & wait until the next meal to add correction then with food! 🙂 & A Stream of z’s emoji!
I am going out on a limb here but I see you are type 2 and on insulin as are others so please I am not trying to single you out. I am petrified of this. My cousin is on it too. I've only see it years ago in hospital with patients when unwell and well i kept away as much as I could. I am not scared of injections but I am scared of the hypos this med and other meds can cause. Its irrational but is this something type 2 progress too or is there a reason you go on insulin.
All these add and correct etc scare me... I may not make sense...

I’ve been a type 2 for 22 years now & was on tablets that made my pancreas produce more insulin for 11 years. Then, on insulin for 11 years now as I’m pretty much like type 1’s as my pancreas is not producing any insulin any more.

As I understand it, the medical profession now, in recent years, have a better understanding of type 2 & that it’s more of an insulin & glucose/carbs resistance/intolerance & don’t treat it the same way as I was treated 22 years ago: not use pills to make the pancreas produce more insulin; work on the resistance instead!

I live alone too & at first I had those fears too but, learnt to ALWAYS have jelly babies & or coke to hand, jelly babies always on me when out of the house, in case things go wrong or when needing to change things sometimes because of one thing or another. Jelly babies give me courage! 🙂

I’ve been a type 2 for 22 years now & was on tablets that made my pancreas produce more insulin for 11 years. Then, on insulin for 11 years now as I’m pretty much like type 1’s as my pancreas is not producing any insulin any more.

As I understand it, the medical profession now, in recent years, have a better understanding of type 2 & that it’s more of an insulin & glucose/carbs resistance/intolerance & don’t treat it the same way as I was treated 22 years ago: not use pills to make the pancreas produce more insulin; work on the resistance instead!

I live alone too & at first I had those fears too but, learnt to ALWAYS have jelly babies & or coke to hand, jelly babies always on me when out of the house, in case things go wrong or when needing to change things sometimes because of one thing or another. Jelly babies give me courage! 🙂
Thank you so much for explaining that . i was nursing in 1987 so yes that might explain things a bit. I should have not ignored it but it was never going to happen to me . Now its on the cards its different.

Lunch was a great success. We went to Côte and they publish the carb content of their menu items online. I had a cheese soufflé for starters followed by sea bream in a chive laden beurre blanc with samphire, spinach and new potatoes. My BG moved a little but really nothing to write home about. Even had ice cream at the opera and it just gave a lovely flat line.
Mum and dad enjoyed the lunch. Dad enjoyed the opera. Mum said she “enjoyed the experience”.
She’s clearly a little under the weather but really didn’t look as bad as I’d feared. Even without make-up!

@ColinUK I'm really glad you and your parents enjoyed your day! It is a lovely plan.

Also, can I copy your lunch order?? Everything sounds delicious o_O

@ColinUK I'm really glad you and your parents enjoyed your day! It is a lovely plan.

Also, can I copy your lunch order?? Everything sounds delicious o_O
You can if there’s a Côte nearby!

Back