Group 7-day waking average?

@Robin Boy have I got a house for you!
IMG_0971.jpeg
It’s actually an hotel but let’s not quibble about mere details.

I think it’s stunning. Frank Gehry designed. In the middle of an award winning vineyard and comes with stables.

Attachments

• IMG_0973.jpeg
    IMG_0973.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 5
5.6 on this grey Berkshire morning. No rain in our forecast for today but barely any sunshine either. I'll settle for it staying dry after our wet & windy Saturday. Surprised to get back from our shopping trip to nearby Camberley and find that it had stopped raining in Manchester and the cricket was back on, if only for a short while. Today's not looking good though, so I'm expecting no further play and for it to end in a draw.

Lovely meal at our favourite country pub yesterday evening. Chicken Liver, Smoked Bacon & Port Pate with a Grape & Apple chutney for starter, Chicken Supreme with a side salad for main, but no dessert - that's a birthday treat. We were home in time for me to do a post-prandial test - 6.2, which is the sort of level I get eating at home, so clearly good choices. Might have been different if I'd been tempted by their dessert menu.

Our eldest managed to cram a lot into yesterday - Park Run, Barbie, Reading v Southampton, Nando's and then Oppenheimer. Have no idea what time he got in last night but he must be whacked so I expect we won't see him until at least lunchtime today.

Well done @ColinUK on the HS.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday, weather permitting. Sun's just broken through here, but for how long I wonder?

Good morning. 6.6 after a lie in until 8. I’ve tossed and turned from 4.30 TBF but was determined I wasn’t getting up early.

Hasn’t stopped raining since Friday night. Mr Eggy is like a coiled spring, he’s just standing with his face pressed against the French doors looking at his half built greenhouse. I’ll have to find him a job to do! I have ironing to do and a nice bubbly bath to do my “bits” ( TMI soz). Going away Tuesday morning and we have Zara all day tomorrow so need to get organised. We’re going to Manchester for a couple of nights, and travelling by train, so need to travel light but it’s forecast rain so will need a coat and brolly and instead of light summery frocks it’ll be jeans and light sweaters. :(

@ColinUK congrats on your HSs. Hope your mum is ok and manages to get some makeup on.
@Robin I’m giving you the HS, congratulations, hope you don’t get too wet when you’re “ helping” your daughter with HER garden!

Have a good Sunday, hope it’s not as wet as it is up here. As my daughter said the other day, which I’ve never heard before, it’s wetter than an otter’s pocket! :D

@Robin Boy have I got a house for you!
View attachment 26802
It’s actually an hotel but let’s not quibble about mere details.

I think it’s stunning. Frank Gehry designed. In the middle of an award winning vineyard and comes with stables.
Wow, stables AND a vineyard. I’ll overlook the fact that it reminds me of a crashed space station!

Good morning. 6.6 after a lie in until 8. I’ve tossed and turned from 4.30 TBF but was determined I wasn’t getting up early.

Hasn’t stopped raining since Friday night. Mr Eggy is like a coiled spring, he’s just standing with his face pressed against the French doors looking at his half built greenhouse. I’ll have to find him a job to do! I have ironing to do and a nice bubbly bath to do my “bits” ( TMI soz). Going away Tuesday morning and we have Zara all day tomorrow so need to get organised. We’re going to Manchester for a couple of nights, and travelling by train, so need to travel light but it’s forecast rain so will need a coat and brolly and instead of light summery frocks it’ll be jeans and light sweaters. :(

@ColinUK congrats on your HSs. Hope your mum is ok and manages to get some makeup on.
@Robin I’m giving you the HS, congratulations, hope you don’t get too wet when you’re “ helping” your daughter with HER garden!

Have a good Sunday, hope it’s not as wet as it is up here. As my daughter said the other day, which I’ve never heard before, it’s wetter than an otter’s pocket! :D
Nosey` me wants to know what Hs is?

Are you saying she needs it to look presentable?!

Nosey` me wants to know what Hs is?
I may get beaten to the post by faster typists but, A HS is a house special reading of 5.2 that’s deemed to be the perfect reading to wake on as it’s not too low & not too high! We’ve had a fairly new tradition, adding to the fun, of awarding houses to the lucky members who achieve this HS reading! :rofl:😉

Morning from a grey, windy Norfolk

5.9 today, which I am pleased with considering how much ventolin I have taken, steroid nose spray etc, oh and our traditional fish and chips supper.

@ColinUK congratulations on your HS, hope mum feels up to going out today.

@Robin - congratulations on your HS.

#GimmeMyHouse

View attachment 26797

Today’s the day I’m taking mum and dad out. I’ve a Zipcar booked so I’ll go pick that up, drive to theirs then bring them back into Covent Garden for lunch (I’ve booked a table at Côte) before a matinee at the Opera House.

I think they suspect it’s opera I’m taking them to see but they don’t know for sure.

What I do know is that none of it may actually happen.

Mum’s not well. She called yesterday saying she’d spent the day in A&E as there was something wrong with her eye and face. Apparently it’s all swollen and it might be shingles but it might be cellulitis. She said she feels fine and isn’t in pain so it’s unlikely to be shingles I guess.

She also said she won’t be wearing make up today but is ok with going out for lunch and ‘a show’. Whether that’s the reality once I get there to pick them up who knows.

On a different note, I had another one of my unexplained dizzy spells yesterday. I had thought they may be BG related but clearly they are not. So I’ve messaged the GP surgery and expect a call tomorrow at some point.
Sometimes one needs more than 1 emoji - congratulations on HS, hope Mum OK, you are over dizziness, and opera/lunch are possible and enjoyable. You deserve a house (and a medal for being such a good son). Take care.

5.9 very early this morning when woken by the grandchildren (when dawn breaks it’s apparently time to get up:rofl: )

We had a lovely day yesterday at the Think Tank, the lower levels were too old for them with steam engines, a train, planes, cars, etc. but once we got to the top level there was plenty there for them to do. Already been playing games, building Lego and playing Snakes & Ladders. Trip to the local park after their baths and then a bite of lunch before taking them back home.

Congratulations @ColinUK on your HS, hope you’re feeling ok and that your Mum is too so that you can all enjoy the opera house this afternoon!

Have a good day everyone!

@ColinUK here’s your house. Can’t find where it is, but it looks interesting and thought you’d like it!

IMG_0017.jpeg

Morning all. 4.9 and a unicorn day yesterday. Brunch, Opprnheimer then a meal out is what we are up to today.

@ColinUK congrats on the HS. I hope your mum is ok.
@Robin congrats on the HS.
1690101990724.png

Morning all. 4.9 and a unicorn day yesterday. Brunch, Opprnheimer then a meal out is what we are up to today.

@ColinUK congrats on the HS. I hope your mum is ok.
@Robin congrats on the HS.
View attachment 26809
Yours looks like mine: hilly; mine are mountainous &, unfortunately, higher up the chart with higher readings! 🙄

Back