Group 7-day waking average?

6.3, hoping this means the few days of constant 15+ are over

Morning all. 🙂 Un 5,2. Especial de la casa para mi! Helped by a few sips of oj overnight.

It's hot, hot, hot...except for here in Northern Spain, where it's a comfortable 22 degrees and chilly enough to sleep overnight. I don't envy everyone further south - 30 degrees overnight in Madrid, apparently - phew! Looks like your area's one of the hottest today @Michael12421 - I hope you're managing to keep cool.

Morning all. 🙂 Un 5,2. Especial de la casa para mi! Helped by a few sips of oj overnight.

It's hot, hot, hot...except for here in Northern Spain, where it's a comfortable 22 degrees and chilly enough to sleep overnight. I don't envy everyone further south - 30 degrees overnight in Madrid, apparently - phew! Looks like your area's one of the hottest today @Michael12421 - I hope you're managing to keep cool.
Yes,good morning. It has been 44 or 45 for a week now, a trifle hot!

Had a 5.2 this morning, the second one in 4 days, must be the heat.

Morning all. 6.9 on the new sensor and updated app, got an email from Abbott yesterday about the update, did it but can’t see any difference at all. Still loosing Bluetooth on occasion and having to scan, it doesn’t bother me as it didn’t this time last week before we got rtCGM! The number of folks complaining and whinging on the Libre Freestyle FB page about it is unbelievable. One guy complaining as he’s away, 200 miles from home, and he’s got the dreaded white screen and no way of checking his BGs! Asking for help of where to buy a meter. Gawd help me! 😱 It really is boiling my p**s that some people are so ungrateful, and unprepared ( I can only assume they’ve never had a sensor fall off or conk out ever) and should remember that some diabetics really did have to boil their p**s back in the day. Rant over!

Anyhoo, Zara is home feeling a lot better but very clingy apparently. Daughter is still on leave so at least she doesn’t have to go to nursery, of which she isn’t a fan at the best of times, so we’re going to pop over to see her later this morning.
Raining so no Project Greenhouse was planned today anyways. The rain stayed away yesterday, very blustery though, so he was out for 12 hours, popping in and out to get fed like the baby birds in the garden! Got on great, I’ve posted a photo, but after I took it he decided to do the first coat of paint, the grey is the undercoat. Hence being out there for 12 hours. It was after 9pm when he came in.

@pawprint91 lucky you being in Canada, like @freesia I too fell in love with it after watching Race across the World. Enjoy.

Have a terrific Tuesday all.

Here’s Zara on the plane tucking into her lunch.

Attachments

• DB4ABCF6-FF64-449F-82E5-338B6CAA9425.jpeg
    DB4ABCF6-FF64-449F-82E5-338B6CAA9425.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 18
  • A74B6270-9E48-48EB-8E80-0CC10EE3EE72.jpeg
    A74B6270-9E48-48EB-8E80-0CC10EE3EE72.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 18
@Michael12421 and @Bloden - congratulations for your HS! I’m joining you both with a 5.2 this morning (lot colder here than where you both are!)

IMG_2645.png

Not been brave enough to update the app to v2.10.1, sticking with v2.10 for now as it is working and stable for me. I’d also heard some people saying that the v2.10.1 still hasn’t fixed the Novopen issue which causes the app to hang, white screen and crash. So, hanging on for another update in the future.

Hope everyone has a good day!

@Bloden and @Michael12421 you deserve somewhere that’s the epitome of cool today I think.

How’s this?

IMG_0952.jpeg

Granted it’s more impressive sometimes at night…
IMG_0953.jpeg

And a shot of one of the 36 guest suites…
IMG_0954.jpeg

Each suite comes equipped with its own sauna. Some come with plunge pools. Presumably that’s the ones where the sauna’s been left on too long.

One guy complaining as he’s away, 200 miles from home, and he’s got the dreaded white screen and no way of checking his BGs!
I read that too! Also a lady from Norfolk who was “stranded“ in Knowle, West Midlands because she had the white screen and no other means of testing her BG to be able to drive! I thought the DVLA said you have to have a BG meter with you in case of sensor failures? I always have one with me in my little kit bag along with dextrose, insulin, needles, etc. Just part of being prepared!

@Michael12421 and @Bloden - congratulations for your HS! I’m joining you both with a 5.2 this morning (lot colder here than where you both are!)

View attachment 26713

Not been brave enough to update the app to v2.10.1, sticking with v2.10 for now as it is working and stable for me. I’d also heard some people saying that the v2.10.1 still hasn’t fixed the Novopen issue which causes the app to hang, white screen and crash. So, hanging on for another update in the future.

I hadn’t seen your post when I provided a house so you get one all of your own!
IMG_0956.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 26713

I tried to scan my pens yesterday ( with my fingers crossed) didn’t get the dreaded screen of death but just a message not able to scan right now, try again or contact Novodisc. Or words to that effect. Might try later, but I’ll be fine as I have three meters and lots of strips/lancets/needle drums/cassettes incase of “disaster”! 😉
PS congrats on HS.

I read that too! Also a lady from Norfolk who was “stranded“ in Knowle, West Midlands because she had the white screen and no other means of testing her BG to be able to drive! I thought the DVLA said you have to have a BG meter with you in case of sensor failures? I always have one with me in my little kit bag along with dextrose, insulin, needles, etc. Just part of being prepared!
Dyou think maybe their DSNs / Libre trainers told them they didn't need to prick their finger anymore? There's no way I'd trust just the Libre - it keeps having little BG-reading holidays recently, leaving me no option but to prick my finger. A glucose meter is essential kit, like you say @Eternal422.

5.1 for me this morning but that involved 3 JBs overnight and a lot of red on my graph again. I really can't cope with my phone when I hypo overnight. It was so instinctive and automatic with my reader, but when I am sleepy and hypo I just can't figure out what I need to do with the phone and because it is too hard to focus, I just give up and go back to sleep which is potentially dangerous. It is really affecting my ability to manage my diabetes well and stay safe. 5 days and counting for me to make a breakthrough with using the phone or go back to the reader...

Many congratulations to @Bloden @Michael12421 and @Eternal422 on your House Special achievements today!

Hope you have a great time in Canada @pawprint91 Hope your levels continue to remain stable.

And it’s a happy 4.7 for me on a totally grey morning, one good thing is that strong wind has gone for now.

Have a good day all and stay safe…

Afternoon all. Back again from sisters. No place like home 🙂 6.7 @ 4.48am not bad as I've been eating fruit lately, due to being at sisters, they have stuff in that I never do, so I eat differently there, but being good, I've not pigged out on the kiddies Shreddies once! Go me. I never realised how badly sister is now, can't see to cook or anything, so I'll be going with her again to the diabetic clinic on Thursday. Keeps me accountable too. Feel a pillock for being so stupid and in denial for years. 😳

Morning all, looking a bit iffy today, but yesterday turned out glorious.

8.1 this morning. I only had salad for dinner, but I think I shall blame the cointreau over ice we had as a nightcap! My TIR is shocking at the mo.

I was asked by a friend to talk to a lady who she knows who "has T1 and is very confused". We met at our mutual friend's house yesterday afternoon. She was a sprightly 80 year old. I had been told that she was recently diagnosed, but it transpired she had been diabetic since e removal of her pancreas, spleen and gall bladder 3 years ago, so 3c rather than T1. I don't think I helped her much as she doesn't want to know about carb counting, nor anything technological (though she has a Libre), so I do doubt we will see her here, which is a shame. The only thing I was really able to help her with was to fill in Abbott's online form to get her a replacement sensor as she couldn't get through on the phone and the thought of filling in a form online was distressing her. Still, it turned out that we had a lot in common, as we had lived in 2 of the same towns back in the 70s and knew the same "social venues" and the afternoon ended in a lot of laughter.

Nothing much on today except getting into the garden and doing some dead-heading.

Congratulations to @Bloden @Michael12421 and @Eternal422 on your HSs.

As everyone says, I'd not go anywhere without my meter in addition to the Libre. I use the reader as a meter. I've taken all the elements out of the bulky case and they fit in a small handbag along with Dextro tablets etc quite easily.

Hugs to @rebrascora

Have a Terrific Tuesday all

Back