Group 7-day waking average?

6.2 this morning.
Therapy this morning and then a little pootling around before heading east to see my folks.

Awake early again but it was almost 6 o'clock so not as early as the last 2 days, and would probably have slept longer if we hadn't found ourselves on the Heathrow flightpath this morning, for the first time in a while. Got out of bed and shut the bedroom windows but by then I was wide awake so I got up so that my wife could try and get a little more sleep undisturbed. Tested while the kettle boiled - 5.1, oh so close.

Friday is the day I check my BP - 104/64, so no issues with that.

Big Shop Day, although while making out the list yesterday evening it didn't look like it would be all that big this week. Want to get it done and dusted early so that I can do Wickes and The Range as well (didn't manage it yesterday) and then settle down and watch the tennis after lunch.

Forecast says we're getting a soaking today.

@Gwynn - congrats on the HS

@harbottle - The Strawbs are still recording? I remember them from the 70s

Have a good Poets Day, everyone.

Last edited:
4.6 this morning on a very gloomy, wet day today (only 107W from the panels this morning so I expect we’ll be using the grid today unless it brightens up).

The new Librelink app is still working for me (without loading Novopen data still) and it is now showing a 2.9 with a downward arrow, so I’m having my breakfast now to arrest the decline!

Congratulations @Gwynn on your HS and a lovely tall house from @ColinUK !

@ColinUK - hope therapy goes well for you today, have a good time afterwards with your folks!

Have a good day everyone!

@harbottle - The Strawbs are still recording? I remember them from the 70s

Yes, they are, their last album was during lockdown. They've done quite few albums in the last couple of decades with various different lineups.

The new one is mainly Dave Cousins (Main singer/songwriter) who is now ill and can't tour anymore, but will keep on recording. (A few other members from old lineups appear, including Blue Weaver!)

4.6 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

6.2 this morning.
Therapy this morning and then a little pootling around before heading east to see my folks.
Have a nice weekend

Looks like a house in Thorpeness. We used to see it when on holiday in Leiston Suffolk. Happier times then. Oh, I sometimes wish I could turn the time back.
That’s exactly which house it is!
It’s on Airbnb for around £800/night I think.

Oh well, in another world hubby might treat me we look at more like £80 a night lol

Morning

A flat 5 this morning, still stuffy, it think it has eased a bit, might try a run later or might just be a walk, I’ll see how I feel. Currently very grey here with a prediction of getting wetting as the day goes on.

@Gwynn - congratulations on your HS today.

Good morning. A totally undeserved 5.7.

The high spot of yesterday was meeting up with @Leadinglights and hearing the bells - which i couldn't have done if the freeloading "clients" had not been over half an hour late for their appointment. I simply decided enough was enough and went to the church. No message to say why late but got back to a scribbled note full of excuses and an email practically demanding that I amend their draft. So I did - a mere 2 hours work which was relieved by the sound of the new (and horribly expensive) gardener (more an hour than junior doctor even if they accept the new pay offfer) strimming round the baby wood.

My lovely neighbour had met the freeloaders when parking up his Landie and thought the female was downright odd, a judgment I could only endorse. Oh well, I did point out that they must go find, and pay, somebody professional to look after their affairs in the future. I was so irritated by the matter that I ate nothing all day but a very nice pear tart which I had baked to calm myself early in the early morning. So I expected a humdinger of a score this morning but got quite a good one. What a weird illness D is. Also how daft am I to find baking a soothing activity!

The other diabetic on the ringing team seemed very frail and ill. I hope she improves - she obviously has some spirit to go on the trip.

Weather very wet with thick cloud, more like an auturm day than a summer one. Family are coming for 2 weeks in August so I am crossing my fingers it will improve by then.

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited:
Had a much needed sleep in and woke to 8.6 on dexcom so probs more in the 7s if fingerpricking as this one is roughly one higher.

Need to go get some blood results printed from Drs as they have been on the phone again to book an appointment for Tuesday about them. Could just be someone reading results and not checking my notes so will see for myself. I keep a record of them all so easy to compare 🙂

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

Good morning all. 6.3 from a very wet Wales.
Wet Berkshire now too. It's a thoroughly miserable morning here so far. As the old joke goes, you can tell it's Summer in the UK because the rain's warm.

Morning all on this thoroughly miserable rainy, windy day. As so often in Cornwall when it's raining it's impossible to wield a brolly due to the wind. Oh.... and the Mediterranean is suffering a record heatwave with people dying!

5.4 this morning which looks great - until you realise that at 1am I was 19.1 with an upward arrow. Somehow missed the alarm to change my pod yesterday evening, though in fact it does work for 7 hours after it expires and it expired at 11pm by which time I was in bed fast asleep (I had to get up and blearily change it at 1am). Well, it was either that or I under-bolussed for the cheese and pickle baguette, even though I weighed it. My control is nothing short of shocking these days!

Supposed to be meeting different friends in town this afternoon... ho hum the only coat I have with a hood is my very thick winter anorak. So I guess I will be struggling with a brolly.

Lovely to hear of all the little "meets" going on - @Leadinglights and @TinaD, @eggyg and @zippyjojo. Fun!

@TinaD I think your freeloaders have a blooming cheek!

@Gwynn congratulations on the HS.

Have a good wet Friday all.

Lovely to hear of all the little "meets" going on - @Leadinglights and @TinaD, @eggyg and @zippyjojo. Fun
We’ve had a great time. We nattered non stop for three hours. Only stopping to eat/drink on occasion!

Attachments

• d06dd999-dffa-4f20-89cb-426ae690295d.jpeg
    d06dd999-dffa-4f20-89cb-426ae690295d.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 20
Back