Group 7-day waking average?

Thanks Elaine, but the reader will only work if you start the sensor with it. If you started the sensor with a phone then the reader will simply not pair with the sensor.
I don't really care about the alarms that much although I have certainly benefitted from them since upgrading to Libre 2 at the beginning of the year, but I have another 11 days with this phone before I can go back to using the reader and in a lot of respects I am lucky to have the phone as a fall back in the first place..... although that was the reason I got it, so going to take credit for good planning. Just unfortunate that I hate it!
I think I am just frustrated with myself as much as anything. Frustrated that I lost the reader, frustrated that I cannot motivate myself to get out and exercise which I know will help with the frustration, mental health and BG levels and frustrated that due to a variety of social situations, I have gone off track with my low carb way of eating and I am now battling horrid cravings and comfort eating and using lots of insulin and getting fatter. I know what I need to do but just can't seem to get my foot on the first rung of the ladder at the moment to make progress.

You are all correct of course that I will turn things around and get back on course and this is just a minor blip in the scheme of things, I just need to take time out for my head to be in the right place to start that process. At the moment I am barely treading water, but at least I am not drowning and I know I am so fortunate in so many MANY ways that posting all this just makes me feel ungrateful and pathetic..... which is kind of why I wasn't posting about it...... but really appreciate all your good wishes.

As ArnIe would say... "I'll be back!"
Oh man. Thought it was the other way round. Just heard today, (can’t fully get my head round it yet, dinosaur that I am) that the Libre 2 app can be updated and become a CGM, no swiping. I’m going to wait until this sensor finishes next Monday and try it. Must admit I’m a bit scared!

A bit late posting as I had to leave early for a work meeting today. But I was at 5.7 when I got up this morning.

Very late posting today and shocked I hadn’t then discovered so many posts on here for today!

Thanks to new LibreLink app delete old one and install new one to get the new one working I have lost my log book from the phone so now can’t remember what my morning reading was. The pen scanning doesn’t work for me after the app tries to download the 800 doses on one pen and 450 on the other it all just hangs, gives a white screen and crashes - forcing another delete and reinstall. So, I’ve now got it working (less scanning pens, which to be honest isn’t really an issue) and enjoying the constant readings without having to scan. Libreview is also showing everything and is updating just fine without having to do anything now.

@rebrascora - so sorry to hear you are struggling, I did wonder how you were (as others on here have), glad to hear from you on here, but can totally understand how you need to reduce some stress by not holding yourself accountable by posting waking BG on this thread. Sending you hugs and wishing you well. I have plenty of Bayer Dynamic Contour Next strips (although I know you don’t have that meter, but just in case!).

Congratulations @Martin.A on your HS !

I’ll be back tomorrow morning, must turn off the LibreLink alarms now as they’re already driving me mad!

Last edited:
Good Morning . new strips snd into single figures at 8.2 this morning . Definitely in right direction. Plus cant wait until Sunday as scales too are moving in the right direction.

Good morning - 5.1

Have a great day everyone

Opera last night was fantastic! I’ll try and do a CCC this morning but it might be delayed until this evening.

Good morning. 6.4

Lousy night after spending most of the day reading law and policy documents. I am not amused by free loaders. Rather miss my daughter who used to stop them at the door with pithy phrases. My own fault - I should be louder and firmer when asked for help but I find it difficult to say simply "b***$r off - not my problem" when they refuse to accept that I am retired and cannot work for them - immediately it becomes "urgent" + "nobody to help them" + "running out of time" +"just a little help" etc.

Anyway I should be able to get rid of them by 11a.m. so that I can nip down to Llandysul and hear the bells.

Hope everyone doing well.

Morning folks. I think it was 6.8 but as the new updated Libre app only records BG if you have actually scanned ( which you can still do), by the time I got downstairs I’d forgotten it! I’m hoping that’s a glitch which will sort itself out when I put on a new sensor on Monday. If it doesn’t I’ll have to remember to actually scan first thing. It’s a bit disconcerting just picking up your phone and your BG is there. I keep thinking is that the last one and or is this a new one? :confused: I will try to do a bit reading up on it, I was so stressed out doing the update yesterday I didn’t have the energy to do anything else!

Early doors cut and blow this morning. 9.30am. I’m ok with that as I’ll be home by 10.30, I’m quite often still in my PJs just doing nowt at that time. Forecast good today, very few showers early on then dry and sunny. Some very heavy showers yesterday but miraculously mid afternoon it cleared up although very windy. Project Greenhouse got underway and I managed some updated photos for you before it was wrapped up for the night. It doesn’t look like much but the end frame is on, this is a lean to greenhouse with cladding half way up, all Mr Eggy’s design, with my input. The door will be at the other end. That’s undercoat that’s on at the moment, it’ll be painted a nice light sage green. Should get quite a bit more done today.

Have a great day all.

Attachments

• BBCC44C7-9B31-48B9-8314-FFE8E1D50A97.jpeg
    BBCC44C7-9B31-48B9-8314-FFE8E1D50A97.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 5476A7D2-3B88-45CA-92DA-6D654030604A.jpeg
    5476A7D2-3B88-45CA-92DA-6D654030604A.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 11
  • D0DB7B3C-5E32-4BFA-BE5F-4E2A02B4545C.jpeg
    D0DB7B3C-5E32-4BFA-BE5F-4E2A02B4545C.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 11
  • C471A008-ABB1-4661-B36B-A60385A45C7C.jpeg
    C471A008-ABB1-4661-B36B-A60385A45C7C.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 11
Morning folks. I think it was 6.8 but as the new updated Libre app only records BG if you have actually scanned ( which you can still do), by the time I got downstairs I’d forgotten it! I’m hoping that’s a glitch which will sort itself out when I put on a new sensor on Monday. If it doesn’t I’ll have to remember to actually scan first thing. It’s a bit disconcerting just picking up your phone and your BG is there. I keep thinking is that the last one and or is this a new one? :confused: I will try to do a bit reading up on it, I was so stressed out doing the update yesterday I didn’t have the energy to do anything else!

Early doors cut and blow this morning. 9.30am. I’m ok with that as I’ll be home by 10.30, I’m quite often still in my PJs just doing nowt at that time. Forecast good today, very few showers early on then dry and sunny. Some very heavy showers yesterday but miraculously mid afternoon it cleared up although very windy. Project Greenhouse got underway and I managed some updated photos for you before it was wrapped up for the night. It doesn’t look like much but the end frame is on, this is a lean to greenhouse with cladding half way up, all Mr Eggy’s design, with my input. The door will be at the other end. That’s undercoat that’s on at the moment, it’ll be painted a nice light sage green. Should get quite a bit more done today.

Have a great day all.
Looking good well done Mr Eggyg.

Dexcom says 7.1 and finger says 6.4.

Need to get organised a bit. Dog is getting picked up and taken to the groomers shortly. Hopefully a nice handsome boy will be bought back to us instead of the raggy, dopey & stinky old boy that he is now. I expect him to be back to being all but raggy by bedtime :rofl:.

Hope you all have a wonderful day <3

Repeat of yesterday. Woke just after 5, tried to go back to sleep, gave up after an hour so got up and put the kettle on. Tested while it was boiling and got 4.7 but not convinced so switched hands and tested again - 4.8, so it seems I was that low.

Attended session 3 of my surgery's managing T2 programme last night This time the topic was Dietary Fat is not the Enemy, which led to the longest Q&A session at the end so far. It went on longer than the actual presentation, with two GPs answering questions.

Thursday is a swim day, so off to the pool for 12 o'clock. Our eldest is on his way to Portugal so I have the car to myself for a few days, so planning on nipping over to Wickes and The Range in nearby Bracknell this afternoon, and maybe M&S.

Despite the forecast we got no thunderstorms or rain yesterday, just sunshine. Who'd be a weather forecaster, eh?

Whatever your plans, have a good day.

Back