Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all and 7.1 for me.

Looks like I blobbed yesterday.

Tickets for the festival we are playing in California went on sale yesterday and sold out in hours. I doubt we had much influence on that, the headliners being OMD, Echo and the Bunny Men, Devo, New Order, Tears for fears and many more. A proper 80s retro fest of mainly British bands.

@Gwynn nice keyboard.

Of to a model rail exhibition today.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning up late today, didn’t test on waking
but tested just as I sat down to eat a full english breakfast (for Brunch)
and was surprised as my BS was 5.6,

was pleasantly surprised, because in the middle of the night
when my sleep was disturbed by a mosquito & the need to use the bathroom
I tested and BS was 9.6

My eyes are looking much less swollen now and I’m much less itchy (almost norma)
that reminds me need to take my meds (including the eye drops)

Love that hat @ColinUK
well done on the HS‘s today @Gwynn @Robin & @Martin.A

Have a wonderful weekend everybody 😎

@Robin - we have Jackdaws here who have learned how to balance on the fat ball feeders to scoff those. Only four of them this morning, but they do make quite a noise so I can just imagine how noisy all your jackdaws are!
Ours too! I also had to change the seed feeders to ones with metal mesh, because when I had the ones that had little perches with portals for the birds to peck at, the Jackdaws learnt that by bashing the feeder to make it swing, seed spilled out onto the ground, where they could hoover it up. It was costing me a fortune!

Ours too! I also had to change the seed feeders to ones with metal mesh, because when I had the ones that had little perches with portals for the birds to peck at, the Jackdaws learnt that by bashing the feeder to make it swing, seed spilled out onto the ground, where they could hoover it up. It was costing me a fortune!
Our jackdaws have been swinging on the fat ball feeders for years but this morning I had to laugh. A rook, which sporadically appear, was feeding off the “droppings’ from the feeders whilst the jackdaws were on them. He kept looking up as if to say “ I could do that”. He couldn’t! He kept trying to no avail. I’m certain he’ll be back soon to have another go.
PS I filled my feeders yesterday. Two fat balls, two peanuts, three mixed seeds, three sunflower hearts. Almost all empty!

Good day all. I can't find me for yesterday. I must have read everybody and then forgot. Silly moo. High for me this morning, I'm blaming the heat, 8.00, nothing to do with that milk loaf. I'm having a cracker of a day, I'm in and out of the garden pottering, when it gets too sunny I move round to the side. Boiling now so I'm in for my early tea. 🙂 I was wondering this morning why I am so often crook and realised it's because I'm seven stones overweight so rigid low carb for me from now on plus I watched Gavin and Stacy Christmas Special yesterday and I don't want another fat Christmas. That Barry lot are a hoot. Hope you're all having a good day.

Woke up thinking it was about 1am and it’s 4:30! Granted I only went to bed at 12:30 but I’ll take that as I slept 4 undisturbed hours.

No jackdaws or crows around here attaching any fat balls but yesterday at mum and dads two huge wood pigeons decided to fight in the middle of the lawn. They were going for it with feathers everywhere. They were each using one of their wings to whack the other. Or they were until I persuaded them to fly away!

Tea was fine but mum didn’t exactly cater for my needs. Everything was bread based apart from the fish balls and the cheesecake. She thought she’d done good by buying thin bagels bless her.

A little disconcerting is that she voiced her utter dislike of opera a few times when people were talking about musicals or G&S. The disconcerting element is that I’ve booked tickets to take them to see La Traviata!

Good morning. 5.1 despite a very bad night. Just couldn't get off with stuffed nose, tight chest and aching knees. A siren voice kept suggesting all would be well if I got up and ate something but I closed my mental ears. 4 carbs and 302 cals yesterday.

Still plodding on with pond. Hopefully getting the old filter up and running today and treating the green water with what the maunfacturers say is "all natural ingredients". Must get them from Timbuktu judging by the price and thier pH buffering stuff must be Moon dust by the same measure. Somebody from Lampeter advertising on Facebook is coming to grab a few fish on Tuesday for their new pond so I hope the water clears by then otherwise it will be dip and pray.

Weird stuff coming from Russia - is it a Putin trap intended to lure the Ukrainians or a sign of a potential but thwarted coup?

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday.

Good moaning! Woke to 3.0 with tongue a tingling, hands a shakey, vision a blurry (sort of silent migraine) and brain a mixing. Dropped strips everywhere to get 3.2! Had three JBs. My fault as ate very little last night as another bout of phantom pain trashed my appetite so ate minimally! At the moment I hate the whole sodding thing. Wish I still had two legs and my Triton as I would go for a ton up blast followed by breakfast at the Ace Cafe! It's a good time for a fast ride as minimal brain dead drivers playing with their phones about (Audis are the worse!).

Screenshot_20230625_054851_com.freestylelibre.app.gb.jpg

Good morning everyone, I'm still alive! 6'8.

I had a good holiday. Came back to England on Wednesday morning, was working already on Wednesday evening (don't recommend it, was exhausting!) and I basically didn't stop since then. My suitcase remains open in the sofa waiting for its contents to be returned to their place :D

With every visit to my hometown comes some pressure to change my job. Which I agree with...to an extent. This time my mum also pointed out that my house, well, room, is a bit rubbish and maybe I should move. I actually agree with that one, I'm getting more dissatisfied with my living space, especially after staying in a proper house. But to me it would make more sense to change the job before changing the house, so I know which area is more convenient and what I can afford. And looking for jobs seems stressful. It's the fish that bites its own tail... sigh

Good morning everyone

Well, amazingly another 5.2 yesss...so maybe something a bit grander on the house front? A cathederal perhaps (with live-in quarters).

Not done the other tests/readings yet.

A great nights sleep after a really good day with my wife and a very pleasant tea, and lots of exercise and keybard practice. It's a good job I am retired, there's no way I could do everything if I had to work as well, except .......that I did before. I wonder what has changed.

The new keyboard is great and I am progressing well finding the right buttons and menu settings to change things. After a long search I have now found the on/off button 🙄

Today pretty much more of the same after church this morning

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all, 8.1 here, unsurprisingly. I skipped basal last night, knowing that taking any would see me in the red by 3am after a long hot day. So I got down to the 4s overnight (but no lower), but the downside is that the dawn phenom. has kicked in, as I knew it would. I’ve shoved a couple of units of novo in as well as my morning basal and all will be well.

Not a cloud in sight so far this morning so looks like we might be in for another nice day. BBC mentioned that we might hit 30 degrees here.

On the Heathrow flightpath this morning, first time for a few days, so it's been a bit noisier than of late with a steady stream of planes going over ever since a particularly loud one woke me just after 6am. Gave up trying to go back to sleep and got up after an hour, tested while the kettle boiled (5.8) and settled down on the sofa with the laptop and a cuppa.

Nice day at the NT yesterday, with a picnic in the grounds. We left later than intended so went south to The Vyne in Hampshire rather than north to Waddesdon Manor in Bucks, as it's half the distance. We did go there during the pandemic but because of the restrictions in place at the time the house itself, which dates from Tudor times, was closed. It's open now so we were able to take the tour. Really interesting history. Couldn't walk as much of the grounds as we expected due to flood defence work connected with the lake, which was a shame, especially as it was the woodland areas that were fenced off.

@Gwynn - congrats on yet another HS.

Have a good Sunday everyone, whatever your plans.

Last edited:
Morning

5.8 today, so pleased to have a trip into the 5s. Off for a walk this morning I think it will be too hot for running.

@Gwynn congratulations on your HS

@ColinUK - a shame you weren’t catered for yesterday and I hope mum is more up for the Opera when you surprise them with the tickets.

have a good day everyone

And it's a 5.5 for me today. Lots of rain forecast for here. 🙂

Dez

Morning all. 🙂 5.6 here.

Wow, what a fab night at the choir competition! Picture a little stone farmhouse with a cute little milking parlour and farmyard, down a single lane road in the stunning Cwm Gwaun / Gwaun Valley...with a micro brewery, a big crowd of Welsh-speakers (including some from Patagonia), a bar, a burger van, and 5 amazing local choirs - we were number 6 on that list, the judges said “entertaining, obviously having lots of fun” (but nowhere near as good as the rest LOL). Mind blown, what a fab night out, and all to raise money for Wales Air Ambulance. 🙂

Good luck with the job hunt @Elenka_HM - stressful, but exciting too.

Morning all. 8.7 for me. Blue sky, sunshine and a slight breeze here. Off out with a friend for a few hours this morning.

Back