Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning
a much more respectable 6.1this morning

like many others we had a torrential downpour here In Northampton yesterday,
which although my Wife got absolutely soaking wet walking home,
was quite welcome as the formerly leaking dormer window / roof still isn’t leaking, dare I pronounce that formally leaking roof fixed ?

unsurprisingly the sunroom leaked (it usualy does)
however yesterday it showed leaking in a different area of its glass panelled flat roof, its a very old wooden sunroom / lean-to not really in good enough condition to be called a conservatory

following my visit to eye casualty I’m expecting a letter to invite me to another clinic that wants to look after me (eye lid clinic)

I’m certainly getting plenty of support and use out of NHS at the moment
my sister cheekily told me I should apply for a NHS ClubCard , I’d be a millionaire :rofl:

thanks for all the caring & have a fabulous day everyone 😎

Happy Friday everyone! A slightly low 4.4 for me today which had dropped to 3.2 after NR prebolus and by the time I managed to sort some breakfast, then peaked at about 9 and now back to a 6.7 and heading back to the 5s (hopefully).

Did some garden planning last night, moving a very heavy potted palm across the patio, deciding it didn’t look right there and then moving it back to stand on the slates by the pond edge. Got rid of some reeds from the pond that had gone wild to uncover a frog who quickly jumped off to find a new hiding place. We also made a shopping list of plants to get to replace those we lost this winter and fill some gaps. Of course, this will all go pear shaped when we browse through plants at the garden centres! Still wondering about a new olive tree, may be brave and get a more mature one to establish in the ground now before next winter, but will be ready with fleece to protect it. Having shown my wife some palms she is now wondering about a Trachycarpus Wagnerianus which is similar to the existing potted Fortunei, but the palm fronds stay upright rather than bending down. Then there’s the decision as to where to plant or pot that If we do go for it!

Hope everyone has a good day!

A relatively late visit here today but anyway, it was a 4.9 for me at 8.15 on a grey morning but
now the sun has broken through and it's a warm 26.5c. hedge a week ago

I only cut my privet hedge a week ago and after two downpours it now needs doing again, so
that's my job for this afternoon.

Still a little bit of discomfort, I’ll say, in my left eye & still need a bit of extra NR but, BS is better today. Sensitivity is still a bit heightened but, nowhere near as painful when pricking for tests as yesterday! Both eyes are a little bit wet today but, trying not to rub them, find my fingers going up for a swipe now & then & stopping myself! Both are a wee bit wet today; left was dry yesterday; today left is watering a wee bit but, not as much as the right eye! Still a wee tiny bit of swelling that comes & goes.

Now I’ve eaten once & used normal NR dose with correction after, I know to go +4 when I eat again. About to cook lunch around about 14:00?

Hopefully back to normal tomorrow? 🙄🙂

Still a little bit of discomfort, I’ll say, in my left eye & still need a bit of extra NR but, BS is better today. Sensitivity is still a bit heightened but, nowhere near as painful when pricking for tests as yesterday! Both eyes are a little bit wet today but, trying not to rub them, find my fingers going up for a swipe now & then & stopping myself! Both are a wee bit wet today; left was dry yesterday; today left is watering a wee bit but, not as much as the right eye! Still a wee tiny bit of swelling that comes & goes.

Now I’ve eaten once & used normal NR dose with correction after, I know to go +4 when I eat again. About to cook lunch around about 14:00?

Hopefully back to normal tomorrow? 🙄🙂
My other half has found a antihistamine Allevia more effective than the others it is fexofenadine hydrochloride both for his sneezing and eyes.

Feeling very fed up with levels now. This morning i was in the 9s but by the time i got to work half hour later, i'd dropped to 4.1 with downward trend. 1 JB and an hour later i'm 11 with an upward trend. A stressful morning kept levels high so had a correction with lunch. This afternoon, levels didn't drop and i ended up having a 2u correction when i got home at 3 30. Two hours later and they are still in the 10s. My TIR for 24 hours is 38% and 7 days is 68%. They've never been this low. I'm fed up with diabetes. Someone please make the DF go away now!

Feeling very fed up with levels now. This morning i was in the 9s but by the time i got to work half hour later, i'd dropped to 4.1 with downward trend. 1 JB and an hour later i'm 11 with an upward trend. A stressful morning kept levels high so had a correction with lunch. This afternoon, levels didn't drop and i ended up having a 2u correction when i got home at 3 30. Two hours later and they are still in the 10s. My TIR for 24 hours is 38% and 7 days is 68%. They've never been this low. I'm fed up with diabetes. Someone please make the DF go away now!
Do you wonder if it might be stress or hormones? Have you spoken to anyone on your diabetes team? 68% is only 2% under the recommended TIR of 70%.

Do you wonder if it might be stress or hormones? Have you spoken to anyone on your diabetes team? 68% is only 2% under the recommended TIR of 70%.
It could be either i suppose. I don't have a team, not even a DSN as she discharged me back to GP care. It could be the weather, though i usually need less insulin in the summer. Who knows any more. It will pass i'm sure, its just annoying while its lasting.

It could be either i suppose. I don't have a team, not even a DSN as she discharged me back to GP care. It could be the weather, though i usually need less insulin in the summer. Who knows any more. It will pass i'm sure, its just annoying while its lasting.
Sending hugs! In my limited experience, it could be a mix of lots of things! Hope it settles down for you soon.

Sending hugs! In my limited experience, it could be a mix of lots of things! Hope it settles down for you soon.
Thank you. I'm sure it will. Sorry for the moan everyone

Good morning as 9.1 but good moaning as been awake since midnight with the screaming adjabs of phantom pain! Taken strong pain killers for third time this week. Think I need to collaborate with Mick Jagger to record "Mikey's Little Helper"

Last edited:
It was an 8.3 for me just after 3am when I woke up having a very vivid and rather stressful dream about Rebel. I hypoes a lot yesterday so I went to bed with no evening Levemir. Levels rose and then levelled off, but of course as soon as I got up to go to the loo and get a drink they headed towards orbit so I jabbed 2.5 unit of Fiasp, but couldn't get back to sleep so I headed up the hill to check on GGs as that dream just made me anxious. Got a lovely welcome from MeMe as soon as she spotted me and they were all absolutely fine and as always, happy to see me. It was a lovely time of day to enjoy a walk with the dawn chorus. The young swallows in the stable were making such a racket!! Now back home and trying to decide if I am going back to bed for another couple of hours. It is too early to jab my Levemir yet and I will sleep better now that my levels have come down and the worry my dream caused has been alleviated and I am suddenly feeling sleepy, so may have two entries on this thread today....

BP 115/67
63 bpm

Stress-filled night last night which meant I was awake writing my thoughts and feelings down.

Meanwhile… it’s a small family gathering today at mum and dads for sort of a more intimate anniversary celebration but really it’s because the nuclear plus others family circle hasn’t been together in a long time.

We’ll be outside in the garden again so I’ve bought a massive hat as there’s zero shade unless I’m throwing it!

It’s very similar to this hat. I think it’ll add a touch of mystery and glamour to my outfit of shorts and a T-shirt.
IMG_0841.jpeg

Last edited:
It was an 8.3 for me just after 3am when I woke up having a very vivid and rather stressful dream about Rebel. I hypoes a lot yesterday so I went to bed with no evening Levemir. Levels rose and then levelled off, but of course as soon as I got up to go to the loo and get a drink they headed towards orbit so I jabbed 2.5 unit of Fiasp, but couldn't get back to sleep so I headed up the hill to check on GGs as that dream just made me anxious. Got a lovely welcome from MeMe as soon as she spotted me and they were all absolutely fine and as always, happy to see me. It was a lovely time of day to enjoy a walk with the dawn chorus. The young swallows in the stable were making such a racket!! Now back home and trying to decide if I am going back to bed for another couple of hours. It is too early to jab my Levemir yet and I will sleep better now that my levels have come down and the worry my dream caused has been alleviated and I am suddenly feeling sleepy, so may have two entries on this thread today....

I have done my second. Need to get up but don't want to. Wish.....

Morning all. A nice round 6. Been awake since 5.45, got up at 7. No need to but my shoulder was aching, my ear was sore ( that’s another story I’ve never regaled you with) and and my ankle throbbing, plus I was boiling hot and thought I was going to spontaneously combust! We all sound in the wars today. :(

I’m currently waiting for some Cumberland sausage to cook and I’m going to have my Sunday cooked breakfast today as we’re going out for 3pm to meet a group of friends in the pub. We’ll be home before 9 hopefully. It’s been a busy birthday week for Mr Eggy, we’re looking forward to a slightly quieter one next week. TBF I’ve had three nights ( including tonight) without cooking / thinking about what to cook, so that’s been a bonus.

Have a super Saturday and I hope all your aches and pains, hypos/ hypers and stress, all vanish in a puff of smoke. 🙂

Can't claim membership of this morning's 'Had a Bad Night' club but I did wake at 04:30 and struggled to get back to sleep. Gave up just after 06:00, got up and tested while the kettle boiled, and got this:-

IMG_20230624_063232_188.jpg

Our youngest has a 9-till-4 shift at Sainsbury's today and our eldest is up in Manchester visiting his girlfriend, so wife and I have a day to ourselves and have decided on a trip out to a National Trust place. Waddesdon looks to be the preferred choice as it's not much more than an hour away and we haven't been there before. We're NT members, so free entry, and we'll take a picnic.

Have a good Saturday, whatever your plans.

Last edited:
Good morning. 5.6.

I was wrong about the weather. Yesterday we had steady drizzle for hours. Hopefully it will have soaked in better then the deluges.

Not having much to do outside I decided to look back through my diaries to see when I lost control of diet. Ah ha. My religious noting of carbs, cals and daily weight came to an end when the Ukrainians arrived. I was obviously just too busy sorting out appointments and running them around to do more than the FBG and report on here. Then I just got out of the habit and gave in to too many cravings. I see last years heat also caused the ice cream monster to mug me whilst poor shopping planning seems to have lead to the odd entry of "foccacia" and "bun" rather than proper scoring. So I have put the boot up my behind and am determined to get back to proper habits. Yesterday 0 carbs and 366 calories, which was a bit hard and left me feeling I could fancy a slice of carpet. Another few days and the hunger will abate and I can settle down to a steady 600 cals.

Mind you I am wondering what calories there are in dog meat. Whilst I was carefully edging a bed Wolf surreptitiously employed himself in excavating my beautiful, carefully placed, turves from the power trench. Having refilled it, swearing, I have ordered 1 kilo of strong cayenne pepper. Stick your nose in that you black hearted *$+***.

Have a lovely week end everyone.

Back