Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all, 5.8 here, though I did record 5.2 at 6am when the usual jackdaw dawn chorus woke me up. Went back to sleep again, will be glad when the weather cools down a shade and I can close the bedroom window. Local beer festival today, we were involved in running it for years, but now just sponsor a barrel, and rock up and enjoy ourselves. Well, the rest of the family do, but sitting on a shadeless sun baked cricket field all afternoon isn’t really my cup of tea, and I don’t really enjoy more than one glass of beer, but it’s a chance to spot people I haven’t seen for years. I need one of @ColinUK 's hats.

Morning all. 🙂 5.6 here.

A quiet day today doing house admin. Then tonight I’m out with Côr y Dysgwyr at another fund-raiser - this time for the Welsh Air Ambulance. Should be a laugh. First tho, a nice long walk with the dogs...twdl-w! 🙂

Morning all. A slightly better reading of 7.8 today. Its going to be really hot and sticky today so the plan is to get all the housework done this morning, lots of ironing to do as well, then this afternoon i'm going to relax with my book and a cool drink.

Congrats on the HS @Martin.A , enjoy the NT and picnic. Congrats also to @Robin and @Gwynn on your HS

@ColinUK have a lovely time with your parents.

@rebrascora i hope you get a little more sleep.

Have a lovely day everyone. Take care in the heat.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone

@ColinUK You seem to have a very strong tan even with the hat, but it does suit you well.

I too am not with the 'poor nighters' thankfully. Slept well, right up to 6am which is late for me.

BG 5.2 another HS but since the last one I have been homeless and in tears 🙂rolleyes🙂 as no one gave me a house. So with renewed hope can I have floating house please (desperate)

Just been practicing on the new keyboard for 2 hours at 6am...quietly. lots to get to grips with but already making good progress in finding stuff.

Today, practice, practice, practice, walk, practice, eat, practice...

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Not got up and checked yet this morning (going to try to get a bit more sleep) but yesterday was 6.0 before my blood tests. Will do some calculations of average FBG from app when I update it later and post a guessing thread.

Thursday was 7.3 on first check, wiped finger and got another drop for a fresh strip and 6.5... bf had stayed over Wednesday night though (I had a tough day at work so he came over to cuddle me in the evening and then we decided he should stay, though he didn't have a change of clothes for the morning since it was a late decision. Oops...)

Afternoon tea for a former colleague's birthday today (with alcohol no doubt since it's at another colleague's house who has a garden shed bar... Bf is driving me over so I can drink)

Well done to todays HS's @Robin & @Martin.A and @Gwynn . A 5.7 for me today. 🙂
I too had a disturbed night. I was awakened at 3.30 by the cat performing huge flying leaps through the air. When I switched the light on there was a huge moth fluttering round the room being chased by the cat. Had to shut the cat out first and then shoo the poor frightened moth out the window. Took me ages to get back to sleep. :(

Dez

And for the third consecutive day it’s another 4.9 for me, life gets boring at times.

Just the ticket. I knew you would come up trumps 🙂

Good morning - 6.1

Have a great day everyone!

Morning

6.6 and I surprisingly had a good sleep, woke once to use the bathroom, then slept through until just before 9am. Nothing much planned today as no knit and natter as the lady that runs it is on holiday, but I will do the knit bit. Might do some yoga in the garden later when it is in the shade, only have a postage stamp of a garden, but it does get the sun most of the day, but is completely in the shade of the house by about 6pm.

hoping those of you who have had bad nights get chance to take a nap during the day.

@Martin.A @Robin and @Gwynn - congratulations on today’s HS.

Have a good day everyone and take care in this heat.

@freesia No worries here re sleeping again. I am an Olympic standard sleeper (Sorry @ColinUK) and usually it is "dead to the world" sleep unless my Libre alarm goes off and even then I wake, scan and sometimes drop back off within seconds before I have a chance to eat a JB 🙄 I think that was the reason I couldn't settle after waking from the dream. It was so unusual to have a dream and vivid that it felt like a premonition, so I had to go check they were OK. They are all getting older and whilst not showing much sign of their advanced years, it is more on my mind as the years tick on that, with a 25, 26 and 31yr old, I am going to lose one sooner or later. That said, I played the "guess the age" game with my horse dentist and he knocked more than 10 years off Rascal and 8 years off Reb so I guess they aren't looking too ancient yet.

Anyway, my second bite at the cherry for today yielded a 6.3 but I seem to recall that involved a JB at some point for a 4.1 when the alarm went off, but only because I over cooked that Fiasp correction earlier with the exercise of walking up the hill. Keeping my Levemir dose on 22 today as not injecting any overnight Levemir will usually have a slight knock on effect into the following day.

Tasks for today are strimming, shopping and more strimming then walking a friend's daughter's "green" pony out whilst she builds her confidence with her in the saddle. Ian's old horse Archie is coming along as a supposedly steadying influence (he was a bit full of it last time!) and my friend will ride him whilst I swing my legs next to Olive. For a little pony, she has a very good walk so I will be getting plenty of exercise. Fingers crossed my knees hold up as they are still not happy.

Oh yes, and congrats to you House Special folk today.

For all the other 5.2’s I’ve missed recently just tag along on the visit to Waddesdon and find yourself a room. It’s huge and I’m sure they won’t notice!

@Gwynn congratulations on your HS, I know @ColinUK has already provided a house for you, but here’s another floating one for you to enjoy!

IMG_0006.jpeg

Good morning all! 5.3 today for me, so just missing out in sharing an HS with @Gwynn , @Robin and @Martin.A today, well done folks!

For those who had a disturbed night/early wake up, hope you get some good sleep later on today/tonight.

My wife unexpectedly came home just after lunch yesterday, but the reason was she had to work overnight last night:(. She is now sleeping so we won’t be going out to the garden centres until a bit later on today. At least it will still be light and warm enough to be out in the garden this evening, assuming we do manage to get the plants we are after.

@Robin - we have Jackdaws here who have learned how to balance on the fat ball feeders to scoff those. Only four of them this morning, but they do make quite a noise so I can just imagine how noisy all your jackdaws are!

Finally got set up with Octopus Flux and getting paid for any excess solar exported now😎 If we had been paid for all of this month we would have made around £50 so far, so definitely not to be sneezed at!

I hope everyone has a good day whatever your plans may be!

Back