Group 7-day waking average?

Morning folks. 🙂 6.6 here.

Wow, it was hot and humid yesterday with no breeze. 😱

It was our Welsh class end of year bash last night (which is why I want to work teaching Welsh - term ends in June!) - we went to a trendy food court called Hwb, stuffed our faces and gabbed in Welsh. Not many there but it was a good larf.

Looks like it’s more of the same today, weather-wise. Stay safe, folks, especially those on BG-lowering meds. 🙂

A 5.7 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

More super sunshine this morning, another great day ahead me thinks.

And off to a good start with a 4.7 for me.

Good morning all. 7.8 @ 6.45am very bright and sunny but a lovely breeze. If it was like this rather than that deadly heat it would be great. My telly is working much better, the man had fences round the wire box on the street all yesterday. Well done that man. 🙂

Morning all and 6.3 for me.

Rather a pleasant breeze blowing outside.

Things looking promising on the band front a trip down to London and a short tour of the East Coast of the USA in November.

Have a good day everyone.

Well it was a whopping 14.3 today for me, so I can only assume that either both insulins got cooked over the weekend or there is something seriously wrong with me. I don't feel great but then I never do when levels are that high and I don't feel desperately bad either so hoping it is the insulin. I am taking no prisoners though, so I jabbed 13 units of Fiasp as an opening bid (no logic or calculation to that, just an instinctive guess) and upped my Levemir by 2..... I probably should have been heavier handed with the Levemir. Headed off to the loo as those levels had started to stimulate my kidneys and 5 mins later I was up to 16.1 so I jabbed another 3 units. I can eat a few extra carbs if I need to but I a not letting it hit 20! Currently 13.4 with an horizontal arrow and breakfast still sitting waiting and I have been out and had a walk around the garden and pottered on with things but it is scorching out there again already!

Been out for a walk and a bit of shopping and I forgot the main bits for my tea. !

What no house? I will have to award one to myself...

weird-houses-3.jpg

Just invented a new completely carb free, for me only omelettes were carb free before, from improvised ingredients that really filled me up: that’s always been my trip up to no carbs; & some youtube videos using chicken & broccoli! 😛😎 & A Lightbulb emoji! That only needs a half dose bolus: omelettes are -2 from a half bolus for breakfast that doesn’t fill me up quite as much; will see how that, 22NR for lunch, works out & have JB’s to hand just in case?:confused:

I cut up, with scissors as due to neuropathy I DO NOT use knives to chop things, a raw chicken breast fillet, added some mixed herbs, recipes I’ve seen use oregano which I don’t have, a few grinds of black pepper, mixed it up & added to the bottom of a shallow pyrex dish. Also, recipes I’ve seen used salt but, I don’t use salt in my cooking as I find more black pepper is more enough seasoning for me. Cut up a whole head of broccoli using only the very tops of the broccoli spears & discarded all the thick trunk, par boiled it for 10 minutes: I’ve seen various recipes that just uses it raw but, I like all my veggies well cooked & can’t stand the taste of half cooked veggies; it turned out a bit mushy so, will par boil for 5 minutes next time? :confused: Drained the broccoli & added it to the dish on top of the chicken. Added in too much whipping cream to cover everything: I’ve seen quite a few videos where double cream is used but, I compromised with the lesser fat of whipping cream; will only use enough to go up about half way up next time?:confused: Added grated cheese, anything you like really, I used mature cheddar to cover & stuck it in the oven at 200C for 30 minutes: actually took 45 minutes as I added in too much cream & drained half of the liquid off before eating; maybe I can use it to cook the next go at this meal?🙄:confused::rofl:

I ate the whole lot & it really filled me up! 😛 NOW, let’s see what it does to my BS?:confused:

A 10.3 for me this morning, just been for my blood test, I know it is going be a bad result as I never seem to string more than 2 or 3 good days of eating together at the moment. I think I have to stop eating my emotions, if I can get my D under control at least I can be proud of that despite the work issues. I just need one huge kick up the backside with my D. I am trying to run consistently again and do yoga once a week, but need to do more yoga at home again as well as the class.

@Gwyen - congratulations on the HS today.

Congratulations on today's HS @Gwynn

as it's another hot day you might appreciate a house like this,
some of us could come and join you in the pool, not me whilst my leg is in plaster though !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230614_122114_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230614_122114_Chrome.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
@eggyg @ColinUK /anyone else who’s reported one online - how do you report a faulty sensor on Abbott’s website? It keeps telling me to ring them and I just want do it online!
I did it on my Libre app. Go to order sensor and it’ll ask if it’s faulty, mine just stopped working after one day. Could it be because of the reason? TBF they’re very helpful on the phone.

I’ve screenshot the steps. You’ll need info about your phone and sensor number. Go to “about” and it’s all there. Jot it down as it wouldn’t copy and paste for me.

Attachments

• IMG_3289.jpeg
    IMG_3289.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3290.png
    IMG_3290.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3291.png
    IMG_3291.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3292.png
    IMG_3292.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3293.png
    IMG_3293.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 4
@eggyg @ColinUK /anyone else who’s reported one online - how do you report a faulty sensor on Abbott’s website? It keeps telling me to ring them and I just want do it online!
I had an email from Abbott the other day advertising thieeir new online service. The link took me to this page.

A 10.3 for me this morning, just been for my blood test, I know it is going be a bad result as I never seem to string more than 2 or 3 good days of eating together at the moment. I think I have to stop eating my emotions, if I can get my D under control at least I can be proud of that despite the work issues. I just need one huge kick up the backside with my D. I am trying to run consistently again and do yoga once a week, but need to do more yoga at home again as well as the class.

@Gwyen - congratulations on the HS today.
Sorry you are having such a rough time. I don't think you need a kick up the behind - you need sypathetic support and a large hug or two. Doesn't look as if that will come from work but we, on here,are always rooting for you. Get the beastly D under control - I know you can do it - comfort eating is not the answer (ask my jeans) but taking control of what you can control is (says the woman who lets herself get mugged by ice cream). So have a rant on here, stick to the diet, and know we are all behind you.

I promised some picture of the pond - we haven't finished yet but Michael and I have broken the back of the job this morning. We laid off 1/2 an hour ago as fortunatly we ran out of grid just before we expired from heat. So here you are - pond and the rambling rector who is just getting into his stride.

Attachments

• pond.JPG
    pond.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Rambligrector.JPG
    Rambligrector.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 21
Got it spot on, more or less. Finished 4 hours later 14:22 BS 7.8 🙂

Now, I’m off to bed: been sleeping through the afternoons, after tresiba, during this heat wave; up early around 03:30, 04:30 before it gets too hot! A Dripping With Sweat emoji or Fred, the HK TVB tv channel’s animated weather man, melting into a puddle animation! :rofl: Mind you that kind of Fred weather forecast in HK would be above 35C & pushing up to 40C!😱

I promised some picture of the pond - we haven't finished yet but Michael and I have broken the back of the job this morning. We laid off 1/2 an hour ago as fortunatly we ran out of grid just before we expired from heat. So here you are - pond and the rambling rector who is just getting into his stride.
Blimey. That’s one heck of a pond. It looks fantastic. Do you get lots of wildlife?

Back