Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning - 4.2

Have a great day everyone!

5.2 for me…
Not sure when I last had my metformin… Not that it seems to make a difference.

Morning all. 6.9. Woken in the night by fox(es?) barking in the garden. I hope they haven't been at the plants again.

Forecast today is 26° but feeling like 29°. I like warm weather but not when i'm at work, the heat just builds in the classroom. Note to self: take more water (the water tastes horrible out of the taps there).

Congrats on the HS @harbottle. Have a good day everyone and be careful in the sun.

Morning all. 6.6 at 6am. It’s been a hot and sticky night, not much sleep has been had.

Yesterday was so hot, it did reach the “ promised” 32. I bobbed in and out all day to cool down in my 22 degrees kitchen. Upstairs felt about 42 degrees I think! I kept all the curtains closed all day so could have been worse. “Only” 27 degrees today! I watched the fans at the Manchester City parade with envy as they were getting soaked through, 10 year old granddaughter is in London on a school trip and they too had a downpour. No sign of any rain here until Sunday when it’s Mr Eggy’s Fathers Day/ birthday garden afternoon tea!

I must go into town today as it’s a friends 70th birthday tomorrow, I have racked my brains for weeks trying to decide what to buy the woman who spends money on a daily basis on anything and everything. I think I may just buy her a plant for the garden as she’s a keen gardener, but she’s also very blunt and if she doesn’t like it or already has it she’ll tell me. 🙄 I honestly don’t know why I bother.

Have a splendid day.

Last edited:
Good morning 6.4 today, yesterday was 7.0 and Sunday was 7.2 I think

I did to much at the weekend as ankle gave me some discomfort although still not In pain

I had eye injections yesterday morning the consultant who did the examination
mentioned they might be able to offer me a new kind of treatment, apparently I might be suitable for treatment involving a pellet of a steroid,
in the meantime both eyes injected yesterday and back there in 6 weeks time

appointment has come through for taking plaster cast off (1 st Aug)
need to have a chat to HR and plan a RTW plan for sometime after after then (I think that just after I stop getting paid anyway)

have a great day everybody 😎

4.8 for me, with a unicorn and a fairly flat line!

@freesia my classroom is also like an oven - huge windows so like a conservatory. When I got there yesterday morning it was already 26 degrees!

Have a good day everyone 🙂

5.3 this morning.

And a CCC might be coming later if I can decipher what it was I saw yesterday.

Morning all, 5.6 here. Another deluge of rain yesterday afternoon. I’m sorry for anyone still parched, but really, it’s our turn. Most times, we watch the rain coming in from the West, it divides neatly at the Cotswolds and goes half along the M4 and half up the M5, and misses us altogether.

***update re friend’s 70th. *** I had a brainwave , I Googled 70th birthday rose and sure enough they do one. “Fabulous at 70” it’s called. It’s a lovely yellow rose and they can deliver it tomorrow. Result! I don’t have to put any decent clothes on, wash my hair or put any slap on! Best of all I don’t have to wander aimlessly around a town with very few shops and very little inspiration.

Good morning everyone

BG a tad higher than usual at 5.7 it may be the heat affecting me

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all. 🙂 5.0 here.

Wow, there was no breeze whatsoever on the seashore yesterday afternoon when I went for my “afternoon half-hour walk that gets rid of the following morning’s DP / visit from the DF”. Everyone’s so brown in my little seaside village! And the sun’s so strong I’ve been slapping on suncream to stay indoors. 😱

5.8 this morning, same as yesterday, and another sunny start here in Berkshire. Our garden thermometer hit 31.3 degrees yesterday, and it doesn't get any direct sunlight. Felt like it, too.

Tuesdays & Thursday are my swim days, so will be off to the pool later. I added swimming to my exercise routine when our brand new Leisure Centre opened last Summer and am now up to 20 lengths on each visit. Might even walk there and back, too - it's only a little over a mile away.

Congrats on the HS @harbottle

Whatever your plans, enjoy the day.

Last edited:
7.1 after a quick round the block with the dog,. I had a late evening meal that was carb heavy for me at 40g. Lovely mind.
Not sure how this all impacts reading but all a study as try to understand and balance sugar, iron, cholesterol and protein whilst eating no meat.

Well done @harbottle on that House Special. 🙂
5.8 for me after a very restless night due to the heat and humidity. 😱

Dez

Good Morning All. 5.3 for me this morning. I am working in my studio this week, its in a basement in a shopping centre! And its freezing cold, I had a heater on and a big jumper and I was still cold.
Where is it and we will all be round later to cool off!

6.9 for me this morning but despite injecting 4 units before I got out of bed, my high alarm went off 10 mins later at 9.2. My bolus in bed usually prevents any FOTF. I bumped my evening Levemir up to 3.5 units last night too, so that should have helped with FOTF this morning. Also I needed massive amounts of corrections yesterday to keep a lid on things so I have a feeling my Fiasp may have got a bit cooked over the weekend out on the carriage with me. Will continue to use it as I hate waste and it is nearly a full cartridge and I tend not to carb count anymore, just respond to my Libre, so I will just be a bit more heavy handed with it!

Congrats to @harbottle on your House Special today and @eggyg on you fabulous triple yesterday! WooHoo! Your unicorn and HS were far more impressive than chasing a ball around a field and winning a great big massive silver trophy

Good morning 6.6.

Horrendous humidity as well as heat yeterday. A bit fresher this morning although the amount of rain we had wouldn't have drowned an ant.

Slept this morning until a man with a very vulgar voice rang and tried to sell me solar panels...Managed to discourage him with my low bills and then put the kybosh on it - apparently I am too old for the scheme. What an odd limitation - I mean they don't bury the panels with you!

Hope everyone had a pleasant sunny day and not a scorcher.

Last edited:
Back