Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all and 7.1 for me.

I think I may be car battery shopping as the mini battery doesn't seem to be holding a charge. Looking at the date on it I suppose I can't complain.

Have a good day everyone.

If you are in the RAC they will deliver and fit for free. Last time this happened (currently no licence and a sad SORN'd classic) they worked out cheaper for same battery the EuroParts and the guy checked the whole charging system over ! imagine the local garage would have charged an hour minimum!

Good morning. 6.8

Had the sort of night I would wish upon Putin. Back muscles in spasm and acid reflux. Not much better this morning. Daren't take opiates, my only permitted painkiller type, as they make me nauseous even when my tum is in good order. Feeling sorry for myself and having to issue firm reminders that I am not in a war zone, down stream of a broken dam or starving in a drought. Not working very well so I thought I would have a moan to you all before kicking myself up the mental backside.

Outside blue sky with a little high thin cirrus, bright sun, and a brisk cooling breeze. Temperature 22 degrees. Mr Wolf and the fish fed, ponies checked, roses inspected - all of them beginning to bloom - red, blue (well more mauve really but its German name means blue), cream and pink. The huge Rambling Rectors are just showng a few blossoms but are covered in buds. I wish I was a better pruner as it is a bit of a thicket but the bed does have a raffish charm.

Wishing everyone a lovely Friday and thanks to @Leadinglights and @ColinUK for ice-cream maker suggestions. Nice to see @Martin.A back and to know he is doing well.

Been a while but thought I'd sign in and and say I'm fine and doing OK. Had bloods done for DN review last month and HbaA1c was 40, up a little from previous one but I had been less strict with my diet in recent months. Lesson learnt and back on it now. Bloods didn't show any other issues. Likewise recent eye screening.

5.4 this morning.

Lovely to see you again @Martin.A

Glad you are keeping well 🙂

Update from the police. He didn’t show for his interview. Officers went to his address afterwards and it appears he’s done a runner. Likelihood is that when he’s found he’ll be arrested.

On an unrelated legal matter I’m in mediation all day today.

Email from Diabetic Supplies regarding the patches etc and they have been dispatched so I’m going to wait until I have them before putting on the next sensor.

I know most of yesterday was spent in bed thanks to this damn cold/Manflu/Mild Death so didn’t really eat much at all. When I did test it was low 6’s. I’m not bothering to test this morning as it will be a stress high.

I’m about to have a standard breakfast (full fat live Greek yogurt, blueberries, heavy sprinkling of Chia seeds and take myself nice and early through the streets down to St Paul’s.

Meditation is just around the corner from that magnificent cathedral. I may pop in and sit in a contemplative fashion for a while beforehand. I may find a coffee shop and sup some fine decaffeinated arabica juice instead but BG will be what it is today and as long as I’m mindful of what’s in my mouth I’ve got other things to concentrate on today.

I was an expert witness for the trial of a drug dealer who was probably looking at 10+ years. He was given bail.and fled the country. Personally I was staggered he was given bail and yet others are refused for far less serious offences!

Good evening. An update.

Just completed the audition and it went well. Hard work. Great fun. Successful. Tired now.

My wife is playing her drums again. She is good at it too.

Sorry didn’t get on this morning, didn’t test as I forgot to put a new pot of test strips with my meter,

work still very stressful, but I have come to the conclusion it is easier to blame the admin ladies (me and my colleague), than it is for managers to confront the real culprits making the errors, bur of course by burying their heads in the sand like this the same errors come up again and again.

Sadly this does take its toll on my mental health, which I turn affects my diabetes as I am too tired to exercise or be bothered what I am eating again.

anyway on to better things it is the weekend - yeah and it is also hubbies weekend off.

@Pattidevans - enjoy your holidays, your are looking great in your photos

@Martin.A - nice to hear from you and that you are doing well.

We finally seem to have the brighter warmer weather here in Essex, weather hadn’t been bad, but not as hot as some of you have been experiencing.

Have a good weekend all.

Good morning all. 6.3 and my sensor has finally sorted itself out. I’ve also reduced my basal by one unit morning and evening and I didn’t hypo at all yesterday. First time this week!

It’s the Glasgow forum meet today and I’m looking forward to meeting some of the gang. Mr Eggy is looking forward to it too, no, he isn’t coming with me, he’s just looking forward to having a bit of peace on his own! 😉 He’s currently clearing the ground for a greenhouse/ orangery type thingy. It’s not a traditional greenhouse as it will be against a garden wall, like a lean to but posher! He’s designed it himself and he will also make it. We’ve had to pull up lots of plants and bushes, a lot were old and on their last legs but some he’s planted elsewhere. He’s left the jasmine for now as the birds are in and out of it all the time and there may be nests in there. We’ll transplant that too. It’s all very exciting.

Have a good day, it’s going to be a scorcher so be careful. 😎

5.3 on this lovely, sunny Berkshire morning. Blue sky all around and not a cloud in sight. Looks like our German friends in nearby Ascot have picked a good day for their garden party this afternoon. Must remember the sunscreen.

Whatever your plans, enjoy your Saturday.

8.4 with an upward sloping arrow for me but I suspect there may have been some compression because over night graph was quite flat and unlike @Northener my levels dropped a bit after I put my feet on the floor which is most unusual for me. Looks like I might be having a slightly larger than usual breakfast today as I jabbed 7 units to account for the high reading. Can't afford to hypo this morning as we are off to Beamish Museum Horses at Work event and taking the lads tandem so my heart is in my mouth as I type. It is a glorious day and the museum is opening a new 1950s area this weekend, plus the special horses event draws more people so it will be heaving I think. Lets hope Zak is on his best behaviour. I have a sneaky feeling I will be doing a lot of walking initially until he gets his head around all the sights and sounds.

Snapped a photo of my lot standing at the gate waiting for me to let them out yesterday afternoon after I moved the electric fence.... (I strip graze the field to prevent them getting too fat) You would never believe they were all related would you! 🙄 Like peas in a pod!

IMG_20230609_184752768~3[1340].jpg

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. It is going to be hot hot hot here!

Morning all. 7.7 for me. Cleaning and dusting round the house this morning, before it gets too hot to do anything.

Everyone going to the Glasgow meet up, have a good time.

@rebrascora gorgeous pic of your horses. Which one is which?

Have a good Saturday everyone. Be careful in the heat.

Good morning all. 6.3 and my sensor has finally sorted itself out. I’ve also reduced my basal by one unit morning and evening and I didn’t hypo at all yesterday. First time this week!

It’s the Glasgow forum meet today and I’m looking forward to meeting some of the gang. Mr Eggy is looking forward to it too, no, he isn’t coming with me, he’s just looking forward to having a bit of peace on his own! 😉 He’s currently clearing the ground for a greenhouse/ orangery type thingy. It’s not a traditional greenhouse as it will be against a garden wall, like a lean to but posher! He’s designed it himself and he will also make it. We’ve had to pull up lots of plants and bushes, a lot were old and on their last legs but some he’s planted elsewhere. He’s left the jasmine for now as the birds are in and out of it all the time and there may be nests in there. We’ll transplant that too. It’s all very exciting.

Have a good day, it’s going to be a scorcher so be careful. 😎
Have a lovely time today - sorry I can't join you x

10.6 this morning. Right - that's it (I know you've heard that before). I have got to stop pretending to myself that I'm not diabetic and that I need to carb load to recover from my surgery (which was 19 months ago!). I'm married to a skinny fell runner but I can't expect to match him like for like with our meals (& biscuits) as I'm not a fell runner by any stretch of the imagination. I finished my last flake last night (pack of 4 so smaller than normal ones - just) and threw away the last of the dark maltesers. I need to go back and remember how I ate when I was first diagnosed and managed to really improve my HbA1c. Have a good day everyone. I've got my daughter home which is lovely as it's only the third time she's been since we moved up here and the weather is so gorgeous. Yesterday afternoon we walked to a lovely stream near here with the dogs where there's a pool and all had a plunge - gorgeous! xxx

4.5 for me today - after a fair few drinks last night o_O Meant to be off out for lunch at a pub near the canal, need some time to just lie still and quiet first:rofl:

@eggyg enjoy the forum meet up!

@rebrascora l LOVE the photo of your horses!

Have a good day all, and take care in the heat!

Good morning - 4.6

Have a good time at the forum meet @eggyg

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning. 6.2. Thermometer already showing 25 degrees but, oddly, it doesn't feel quite so hot as yeterday morning. The high thin cirrus is widespread and perhaps is just filtering the direct sun out. Thunder forecast.

Had a reasonable night but back and knees still being beastly. Going to try and get my secondary silt clearance system goingt today - determined to get pond finished but having to wait for more enforcing grid. Yesterday was a total frost - only managed to get 2 plants lowered into water.

Ice cream machine has arrived so if I cannot garden I'll be making up strawberry sorbet. Hope it works.

Have a good day everyone.

Back